5.0 out of 5 stars replacement lamp
Published on May 14, 2011 by Cynthia H. Penland

2.0 out of 5 stars scam
Add clearly shows a philips lamp, but they sent me an unmarked box. After investigation, I found it was osram that is far less durable! I get about 8-10 months out of an osram compared to 16-24 months out of a Phillips. And they are more expensive, so here you pay for a Philips and get a scam!
Published on October 19, 2010 by mike b

2.0 out of 5 stars scam, October 19, 2010

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't last long, July 11, 2013
Ashlee Bailey (Berkeley, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Panasonic TY-LA1000 (Electronics)
We bought this lamp in October 2012 and it burned out in July 2013. Wouldn't recommend that anyone buy this lamp.

2.0 out of 5 stars Short life for this item., October 16, 2013
This review is from: Panasonic TY-LA1000 (Electronics)
Surprisingly, while this item is hard to find locally, the life of the bulbs purchased in the past have yielded 3 years on average. This bulb purchased in June, has not lasted 6 months. The quality seemed the same and the price was great. Did not use the television any more or any less.

1.0 out of 5 stars junk, January 28, 2012
This review is from: Panasonic TY-LA1000 (Electronics)
This bulb didnt even last 5 days. it was junk. had to send back and then find another one for my TV.

5.0 out of 5 stars replacement lamp, May 14, 2011
This review is from: Panasonic TY-LA1000 (Electronics)
After a local dealer quoted me a price of nearly $300, and Panasonic's website had the lamp for @$275, I looked at Amazon and found this original lamp for less than $100. I ordered it immediately and got it within days. I installed it per the instructions, but had to go online to find out how to reset the lamp timer as those instructions were not included with the lamp I recieved. Would recommend this to anyone!

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed and sorry that I ordered this item, October 11, 2013
This review is from: Panasonic TY-LA1000 (Electronics)
I just received my order today and what the heck, the bulb is all wired and everything, but it is loose inside the plastic casing that is supposed to be placed in the TV. There is even one loose black plastic tab broken off from somewhere. I see metal brackets of where the bulb is supposed to be held against the inner shell of the case, but in order to use this I am going to have to open up the black casing. At this moment I am not sure how to open the casing and I am not even going to bother and I rightfully should not need to bother. I should be able to pop it into the TV without havng to tinker with it. I think that this is poor quality control. Also, the product listing clearly states, "Industry leader, philips complete lamp". I don't see anywhere on the bulb that it is marked Philips. All I can see are the letters GRN stamped on the side of the bulb. I am seriously doubting it is Philips or even any other big known brand name. I should have known that the $43 price was too good to be true. My last bulb was a Sylvania and it lasted for almost 3 years. It was around $80 or so. My only consolation is that I ordered "Fullfilled by Amazon" and they have great customer service. The defective product is already on the way back to Amazon.

1.0 out of 5 stars didn't fix the problem, July 3, 2013
This review is from: Panasonic TY-LA1000 (Electronics)
after reading reviews - i understood that this probably wasn't a manufacturers (panasonic) manufactured light an after market if you will thought i could get 6 months or so out it so bought 2 and neither worked

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your time or money. Buy a genuine Panasonic lamp from a merchant that will stand behind its product, August 29, 2013
This review is from: Panasonic TY-LA1000 (Electronics)
This lamp lasted about two weeks longer than the six month return period, and that return period was based upon the date it shipped and not the day it was installed in my television. It exploded right on schedule, and the seller basically said "sorry, your six months has passed." When I get another lamp, it will be a Panasonic, and it definitely will not be from this seller. In the meantime, I reinstalled the original lamp that came in the television when I purchased it almost nine years ago, and it still has a better picture than this replacement lamp ever did.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, February 3, 2012
This review is from: Panasonic TY-LA1000 (Electronics)
Installed it in 10 minutes. this is the least expensive of the bulbs I was looking for. It is so easy to install I was amazed. Very happy.

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT ORDER THIS SPECIFIC LAMP, MINE LASTED 1 DAY!!!, March 22, 2014
This review is from: Panasonic TY-LA1000 (Electronics)
We own a Panasonic projection tv and the guide that came with it instructs to order a TY-LA1000 lamp when it's time to replace it. Our tv had been displaying the "change lamp" notification for quite some time (over a year), but still worked well, however my husband decided to just order a new one from amazon since the price was so inexpensive. First let me say the one we ordered from ABC Electronic Shop on amazon was listed as an original Panasonic lamp TY-LA1000 and had some kind of a guarantee that it works. Item shipped on time, packaged nicely and securely, my husband installed it in less than 10 minutes using the original tv instruction booklet. At first the light worked fine and picture was very sharp and clear, we watched tv for 2 hours without incidents. The very next day I turned the tv on and as I was in the middle of a movie - into the 2nd hour, the tv screen just went blank-black and the area of the lamp housing was making crackling noises. Husband took lamp out, inspected and re-installed it, but still no picture, - black screen. The lamp had burned out in less than 4 (FOUR!!!!) hours of use!!! I had high expectations because of some of the great reviews, but please save your money and do not purchase this specific product. I gave the 1 star because the ABC Electronic shop/ Amazon refunded my money plus shipping I had paid for pretty quickly, within a few days. I will be ordering an original ACTUAL Panasonic replacement lamp directly from Panasonic this time. Hope my review helped you guys!

Panasonic TY-LA1000