5.0 out of 5 stars Use this every day at work, lives up to it's name !
Published on October 23, 2011 by Firstinlastout

3.0 out of 5 stars Bad customer sevices and bad keyboard/touchpad
Published on May 4, 2011 by Discover Card

5.0 out of 5 stars Use this every day at work, lives up to it's name !, October 23, 2011
This review is from: Panasonic Toughbook 19 Tablet PC - Centrino 2 vPro - Intel Core 2 Duo SU9300 1.2GHz - 10.4" XGA - 2GB DDR2 SDRAM - 160GB - Gigabit Ethernet, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi - Windows Vista Business (Electronics)
Our fire-rescue department utilizes the toughbook to capture our reports on all the calls we run on. They are great laptops and are heavy duty as the name implies. Our toughbooks have fallen from 4-5 feet on many occasions with no adverse effects to the computer. Very durable, good keyboard and fast processor. I am pleased....and I am on a busy rescue doing on average 10 reports a shift.

3.0 out of 5 stars Bad customer sevices and bad keyboard/touchpad, May 4, 2011
This is one of the best computer but made with very bad keyboard, typing is very hard on this computer. tacchscreen is ok since it moono touched, it was much better that it was a multitouch screen instead of single touch. panasonic with these great product has the worst customers services, and worst support system. If it was not the product i could give Panasonic 1 star only of its customer services. I hope this is helpful for you

1.0 out of 5 stars worst warranty service of any computer MFG, November 11, 2010
I did not buy this model--i bought the CF-30, which cost me more than twice as much as this one is listing for...
it is a rugged computer, So, these computers rarely break. But they do sometimes break.
If yours breaks, forget about it. Just go buy a new one.
I don't like worrying about my warranties, so although the computer comes with a well-written standard warranty, i purchased
the
$250.00 Protection Plus Warranty Upgrade (Years 1-3) plus i purchased the
$180.00 Toughbook Premier 3 Year Service Upgrade and i also purchased the
$175.00 3-Year On-site Service

My computer broke (i dropped it--not from Six feet, but from about the height of my bedside table...
Panasonic made me prove the warranty by sending a copy of my sales reciept before they would even talk to me about service.
Then they tried to talk me out of having the on site service, saying it would be faster and easier if i just sent them the computer.
The onsite service guy was nice, but had not been trained on how to fix the Toughbooks, so he took it home with him and sent it to Panasonic.
That was a week ago.
The onsite guy said i should leave my hard drive inside the computer.
He called later and said Panasonic would send me a new computer right away.
Then he called back and said that they would not cover accidental damage...and i should have bought one more warranty...

I pointed out that the warranty covered "non-intential damage"...their representative said that while "non intentional" seems to mean "accidental" it does not mean that "accidental" is covered!

The manager at Panasonic promised to look into my case...but never called me back.
One of my warranties included 'overnight' service.
I was later told that "overnight' means next business night, which, on a Friday, means Monday...but because Monday comes after Sunday, Monday means Tuesday...

Anyway, they have my money, and my computer....and this review.

5.0 out of 5 stars firefighter tested, March 15, 2013
This computer is tough and I know it. We use it at the station to watch YouTube videos and use it to figure out how huge our pensions are going to be while we are waiting to rescue cats from trees. We've dropped it and it hasn't broke-but so what if it does-the taxpayer will just buy us a new one.

Rate and Discover Movies