4.0 out of 5 stars A fair performer and a fair to good value for the price.
A fair performer and a fair to good value for the price.

As of June 2012 Panasonic doesn't even list this model, or any 24", on it's web site anymore even though it's a 2012 model. The move is to larger models (e.g, 32"). So if you want the smaller 24" size, you might want to shop around for price and buy now before these become as scarce as CRTs. This is a...
Published on June 11, 2012 by sh

3.0 out of 5 stars Customer Images of 24 Inch VIERA
While I was hoping for two analog inputs as shown in the "Customer Images" - it still "like" the set, it works and has a great picture. However it has only one HDMI input, not two as shown in the third Customer Image picture. And has no SD card input as shown. I don't need these items but others may.There was nothing in the "Product Features" to...
Published 18 months ago by TV Antenna Guy

‹ Previous | 15 6 719 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome TV!, January 2, 2013
I bought this TV to go in my bedroom. I don't have cable so it's only hooked up to a Roku LT. The picture is very nice, better than the 42in Panasonic LCD I bought 2 years ago. The profile is very thin and the set up was very easy. The sound in not too bad, a bit shallow, but considering how thin the tv is, I suppose it's to be expected. It gets pretty loud as well. The set is pretty and sleek. The bevel is decently thin. I really like it!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic viewing angles. Great picture quality. Good price., December 27, 2012
J. K. Paasch (Cincinnati, OH USA) - See all my reviews
Quick note about the set up of our room where this TV is housed. We have this set mounted above our fireplace, which puts it at about 3.5 feet above the eye level of most viewers when seated comfortably, and 9 feet away from the most common viewing angles in the room. It's in a low light room that grabs some ambient outdoor light, but is mostly lit by lamps.

Likes:

Aside from cost, and brand reliability, off-viewing angles was our biggest consideration when researching TV's. The off-angle viewing angles on this set are phenomenal. Colors, blacks, and picture quality hold up remarkably well when viewing the picture from most any angle. In that respect it really rivals the CRT TV it replaced and puts our Sony BRAVIA KDL-46EX500 1080P 120Hz 46-Inch LCD HD TV to absolute shame.

Good color representation. The reds are deep and accurate. Picture quality is crisp, but not overly glossy.

3 HDMI and 1 PC port

There are no extra lights left on when the TV is turned off (think power button lights, etc...). I prefer it that way.

Slight Disappointments:

There are two areas on the right side of the screen that exhibit some light bleed through. It's not the worst I've seen, and it's only noticeable when those areas are pitch black (think letter box).

The blacks are very good, but aren't perfect. Very good for an LED/LCD, especially at this price range, but I wish they still made plasma televisions at this screen size.

The bezel is black and glossy and a little thicker than it might need to be. There is also a small steel colored strip that runs along the bottom of the bottom bezel. None of this is overly obtrusive, but could annoy some people from a purely aesthetic perspective.

Other Stuff:

The remote is long and slender. It has just the right number of buttons/functions without becoming overly complicated.

There are a fair number of tweaking options for the picture, but other sets in this range offer more choices.

Sound isn't great, but given that the speakers are downward facing, it isn't an issue for us in that the set is mounted high and sound is pushed down.

Final Thoughts:

Viewing angles, colors, black levels, number of inputs, and pricing all came together on this set. We looked at other sets, and while the Samsung 4000 series was very good, even it couldn't match the Panasonic's very generous viewing angles.

I'd highly recommend anyone in the market for a 32 inch TV give this Panasonic a look. It isn't a set that is carried by a lot of stores, but was well worth finding one for comparisons sake. We're very happy with this purchase at this time.

5.0 out of 5 stars For games?, December 24, 2012
Alimber (Pennsylvania) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Panasonic VIERA TC-L24X5 24-Inch 1080p Full HD LED LCD TV (Electronics)
Yes, this thing runs great and full hd is great for gaming and blu ray. Love this tv. I would recommend it. ^_^
It has a variety of settings to play with like Game Mode, Vivid, and some other ones as well. Also has a variety of speaker customization options, but I connect mine from normal AV cables to gaming speaker set.

4.0 out of 5 stars Darn good little TV, December 20, 2012
Repalced my 27" JVC clunker with this one. It fit perfectly inside our armoir.
Good picture, easy to set up and program. Decent sound, not great...
We have the 42" version of this set as a Plasma downstairs. Also a solid set.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great TV, December 19, 2012
I purchased this little TV to go between the kitchen and dining room. We like to watch the evening news while cooking supper, and this Panasonic TV works well in the space we have. The picture is flawless, but the speakers are a little tinny, due to the very thin design. It works great for what we use it for though.

3.0 out of 5 stars Works well with laptop, not 1080p, December 16, 2012
I use this as an office TV and as a monitor for my laptop. It works well with the laptop and is easy to switch from one use to the other. The picture is not 1080p but 720p.

4.0 out of 5 stars I like it, December 7, 2012
It is very light which is really nice when want to move it around. My old tv took two guys to move it around, so this really cool. It has really good sound and picture.

3.0 out of 5 stars Compact, December 5, 2012
Tinny speakers. Nice picture.
I bought it to fit in a small space. At 24", its just right for bedroom viewing.
Got it for $181. A good buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Pleased, December 2, 2012
This is a smaller TV but has a wonderful picture. It was an excellent price for the product as well. Shipping was super quick, only took about 3 days to receive it! I'd recommend it to anyone!

5.0 out of 5 stars Panasonic VIERA TC-L24X5 24-Inch 1080p Full HD LED LCD TV, November 17, 2012
This product far exceeded my expectations! I ordered it on a Tuesday night, received it on Thurday afternoon, set it up that evening with minimum fuss, was able to sync it with the cable remote and was enjoying that 30 minutes later !!! Smooth sailing, easy adjustments and what a beautiful picture! All flat screen TV's have kind of lousy sound, but this one seems to be very stable. Most of the time you kind of have to adjust it during a movie, but this one seems to have a great balance in it, you just set it for movie when you first set it up! Highly recommend this to anyone looking for a second TV. Note...it is a lot larger than a 19" or 22" , so make sure you have enough shelf space!

‹ Previous | 15 6 719 | Next ›