5.0 out of 5 stars Very good TV for the price.The sound is better than most.
Published on July 20, 2011 by dmd93

Published on September 22, 2011 by Matt

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good TV for the price.The sound is better than most., July 20, 2011
This review is from: Panasonic VIERA TC-L32C3 32-Inch 720p LCD HDTV (2011 Model) (Electronics)
I am a maintenance director at a nursing home and I buy 32 inch LCD's for resident rooms.I have purchased about 6 different brands from Amazon in the past 9 months.I like this one the best and plan on only buying these from now on.This unit has an excellent picture with good black level's for an LCD.The sound on it is very good for a flat panel.There is a much better amount of clear bass and treble compared to the other brands that I have purchased.I like the fact that it has an SD card slot on the side.That makes it very easy for someone to show photos.SD seems to be taking over as the required memory in camera's.It doesn't have a USB slot which would have been nice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome for the price, May 24, 2011
I wanted a 2nd TV for our less often used family space in our lower level. My only requirements were that it be reasonably priced, at least 32", and interface with my older DVD player with component connections, and my older VCR with composite connections (yes, my kids still watch the occasional VHS movie). Frankly I didn't care if it was internet connectable for Netflix, or had a specific refresh rate. After viewing a bunch of TVs and brands side by side at my local "Good Purchase" store, including generic knock-off brands, it was clear this model of Panasonic simply had the best picture for the price. The contrast, colors, and view-ability of the IPS panel really stood out against other TVs in this price range. After checking Amazon, Amazon had the lowest price anywhere. The box came with a hole in the side, but I guess that is not necessarily the fault of Amazon. Still the TV is not double-boxed when shipped, so fortunately whatever made the hole did not get through far enough to damage the TV. The TV was easy to affix to the stand (8 screws total) and the setup of the channels is VERY easy. The TV displays instructions for each step of the way so you always know what is going to happen or what to do if you want to exit a menu area. Of course at 32" it does seem a bit smallish compared to my awesome Sharp 46" TV in our main family room, but it will suffice for the amount it will get used. Of course it would be nice to have double the connections on the back, so I guess realistically I would give it 4.5 stars out of 5, but it does come with 2 HDMI, 1 Component, and 1 Composite. For the price of this TV it is what I would expect. I would rather have fewer connections and a quality picture than a sub-par picture with twice the connections. This would also make an excellent TV for a bedroom and for that you would likely not need that many connections anyway. Panasonic has a sleeper with this gem with its quality picture, IPS panel and at a very competitive price $three-twenty-nine with free shipping!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice budget HDTV, May 18, 2011
Just received mine today. Was quite easy to set up once I figured out the stand slides into a panel at the bottom of the TV. I own a Panasonic 42" and set this one to the same settings since there are no real calibrations posted online yet since it's a newer model. It looks very good and comparable to the 42". Black/night scenes seem a little soft but it's nothing to really complain about.

Pros:
Price ($343 1 day shipping)
Sound Quality - I was replacing a 2007 Sony LCD and this sound blows the other away. I did hook it up to external speakers but the sound out of the box is not bad at all.
Picture Quality - If 720p is fine for you you should have no problems with this TV. Non-HD channels are average quality and the HD ones are nice.
Weight - It was surprisingly light, only 22 pounds with stand and 19 without

Cons:
Only 2 HDMI ports
I was not able to program my cable remote using the codes provided for Panasonic. That may be because it's a newer TV but this may be annoying to some people.

So if you're in the market for a budget HDTV I would highly recommend this one. It's very user friendly and Panasonic has good quality products.

4.0 out of 5 stars Super picture quality and viewing angles, May 29, 2011
Brought this to replace my aging Acer 32" LCD brought several years ago. Did not want to change the size due to the smallish room that i currently have the TV fixed, and decided against FullHD, as most of the contents i watch are not even 720p, hence a waste of cash. Checked out several products including products from Sony (BX300 and BX320), Samsung (C350 and 450), Sharp, Philips, LG, etc.

Found the Samsung, Sony and Panasonic were among the better panels with richer colors in the budget 32" market. Samsung had the advantage on features, Sony on features, with Panasonic playing middle ground. However the Sony BX320 had some issues with tearing when playing videos (I did not notice, but seen on several forums) and decided against it though i liked the built in FM tuner (takes away the need for a radio in the room). The Samsung had very little to fault, and also provided the most features with its built in USB media play back capable of playing all formats, including NTFS drives, however the habit of Samsung using different panels made me look around.

The Panasonic C3 just appeared into the market as the 2011 model, and has panel that seems to be much better than the the Samsung and Sony to my eyes, and this was my key decision maker. The Panasonic also had good viewing angles and a good feature set.

I tried several file formats using a USB drive (FLV, MKV, XVid, Divx) and they played with no issues. The colors as vibrant, and i reduced the back lighting from the default 100, as i did not need that so much. The asian model features both an USB and SD card, while the US version only has SD card.

Some areas that i felt could improve
Avoid setting the picture mode to Dynamic, as the software tries to optimize based on the content, and the algorithm is still not that great.
Audio from the built speakers are decent and loud, but muted when playing files from the built-in video player. There is absolutely no Bass in the speakers.
Only two HDMI ports, most rival models provide 3-4
PC connectivity is only through an analog port, no DVI port
Remote does not have any quick buttons for commonly used features (such as picture mode, sound mode, etc)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, but ..., September 1, 2011
Matt Andrews (San Francisco Bay Area) - See all my reviews
I found this offered at the lowest price to date ($299) and decided to order one for the bedroom.

It arrived as & when promised. I unboxed and set it up which was very simple. I discovered the included (factory) remote didn't operate the set and had to use the buttons on the side of the TV for the initial settings.

I determined the remote was operable but the television was not 'seeing' it through the IR sensor (TV's remote control infrared sensor). I called Panasonic's service number and explained the issue. After some back & forth, it was determined the four (4) screws that hold the table top base to the TV can short out the IR sensor. Backing those screws off a few turns fixed the problem!

Live & Learn ~ Like many things, it's all good until someone screws with it ...

2.0 out of 5 stars In for repair less than 3 months after purchase & Panasonic Customer Service is bad, September 22, 2011
This TV is fantastic for our bedroom, however, we went to turn it on a few nights ago and got what is referred to by others online as the "red blinking light of death", where the tv shuts itself off after you turn it on and the power light blinks. We ordered this June 27, and by mid-September it's broken. We'd have it on a few hours a night, usually weeknights only, so it wasn't really heavy use.

The worst part about it is how bad Panasonic's customer service is. This TV only qualifies for warranty repair where you have to bring it to the repair shop (not in-home). Ok, fine, it's a cheap one, I understand. I live in NJ, right across from NYC. The only way the customer rep could search for repair centers was by zip code. All of them in or through NYC. I don't think they have any idea how ridiculous it would be to try to get a 32" TV through the city to get to a repair shop. It's not just a "hop in the car and take a quick trip down the road" kind of affair, much less getting a TV anywhere on a bus or train. After an hour later and having to get a supervisor involved (who had the same problem even though I kept repeating I need a place in NJ), the supervisor was able to "find" a service center a few miles away (and a few hours travel-time closer). It was ridiculous. You can't search for service centers by city and state? They even referred me to finding service centers myself online. Which brings up a page saying to call the help line I was already on for Viera "Concierge" service. It's a joke. Then I feel like the ahole at the end of the call by the sound in their voice.

We still can't believe we have to go through this crap with a TV less than 3 months old. I did not try to contact the seller, because the return period is up and it's really not their fault--the TV worked great up until it died. And go figure, we have a bigger Panasonic Viera in our living room that's been going strong for 3 years now. Bad luck I guess. I just wish Panasonic's customer service made me feel like they cared at all about their customers. Buyer beware about that aspect of this TV.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommend, June 20, 2011
I purchased this TV as an Anniversary present to my sister & her husband. It arrived super fast and in perfect condition.
It is a beautiful TV, sleek and very light. And it has an amazing picture quality. In seconds we had it connected and programing it was a cinch.
Best of all I received all of this quality for an incredibly low price.
I love it so much I am going to purchase another one for myself.
I think Amazon is the BEST and will always check here before purchasing elsewhere.
MGM
Brooklyn, NY

5.0 out of 5 stars Panasonic 32" HD TV, May 19, 2011
This product arrived on time and in perfect shape. The price was the lowest I found (lower than the big box stores), and there was no tax or shipping charged. A really good deal through Amazon. The TV was extremely easy to hook up (basically just plug it in) The screen image is clear, and definitely better than similarly priced 32" HD TVs. An altogether positive purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is one fine LCD HDTV!!, June 25, 2011
We've been actively looking for replacement to our old TV for a year. Carefully reading reviews, our interest turned to Panasonic, already knowing a friend who has happily owned one of their 42" models for 2 years. When the price dropped to below $300 through Amazon for the Panasonic VIERA TCL32, our interest heightened. Good customer reviews on Amazon and elsewhere, so we bought it a month ago. Picture is great in every way; I turned the sound EQ up on the "crisp" side, which I like, and the picture is first class. Easy to use menu, very easy to use remote, and I play my FLIP camera through it. This is GOOD!

5.0 out of 5 stars bang for your $ buck $, May 11, 2011
The package arrived in good condition via UPS Ground. I connected it to my computer and dvd player in just a few minutes. The result, instant happiness. this tv is sleek, light and most of all delivers a clear picture with more viewing options up its sleeve. Don't wait, don't believe me, see for yourself and get it while they last. Panasonic TC-L32C3 is a one good looking tv! I approve this message ;)

Panasonic VIERA TC-L32C3 32-Inch 720p LCD HDTV (2011 Model)
Used & New from: $299.00