4.0 out of 5 stars Great TV and great support.
This TV is awesome. Great picture and apps. Hooked to 3d Panasonic Blu Ray player and picture phenomenal. One caveat, the bluetooth for the 3d glasses does not work. Panasonic support has been great working with me in trouble shooting this problem. Panasonic made all arrangements for Tech to come and repair. Will update once fix is complete. UPDATE: Main board was...
Published on May 2, 2012 by Watchman

2.0 out of 5 stars Great Design----Horrible quality
I purchased this TV last week, the design caught my eye, I really like the style of this TV. The colors and brigtness is really good compared to my previous panasonic plasma, however it has several flaws:

Cons/flaws:
- TV shows yellow hot spots on the bottom of the TV, I guess they made it to slim and thin, so the backlight LED's leak
- Black levels...
Published on September 3, 2012 by MAX SMART

‹ Previous | 1 2 318 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars I own this TV, November 29, 2012
I bought this TV Monday, it arrived Thursday morning. The picture is one of the better Edge lit LED TV's I've seen. Add in the Wifi, apps, 3D and the brand name and this might have been the deal of the year on a 55" LED. The room its going in is quite bright and has windows adjacent to the TV. My plasma never looked this good during the day because of the glare on the screen.

Know what you're buying here. Its not a plasma and the black levels will never be as deep as one, no LED will ever be. However properly adjusted this picture is fantastic and I am completely happy with the purchase. The CNET review was either really poorly adjusted or a defective model or the firmware was updated to fix the issues they were having. They also reviewed it as a $2500 set, not the $999.00 it was selling on here for. Make sure you update the firmware, adjust the picture with a calibration disk and enjoy.

At this point I have not used the 3D feature or the Apps and probably won't any time soon (if ever) so I can't really review that stuff. However the wifi connected with my router without issue. The overall interface is quite straightforward albeit a little slow.

Would I give this TV 5 stars if I bought it for $2500? No, but for a grand yes this TV is worth every penny.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tv, December 29, 2012
Very slick, operational and good pod looking tv. Great quality and downloadable tv apps was an unexpected plus, including karaoke and games.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome 55", November 29, 2012
Just got this delivered today and wow, I am thoroughly impressed. I, too, read the scathing cnet review before purchasing. Then I started searching the net and found that all plasmas have better darks and that Panasonic is known for their plasmas. This led me to believe that the cnet reviewer was biased on Panasonic plasmas over panasonic lcd/led's. So I bit on the goldbox deal.
And boy I'm glad I did because this TV has the crispest, most crystal clear images I have ever seen. Bravo Panasonic, bravo.

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware Panasonic Customer Service, September 26, 2013
the panel on the television stopped working after about 9 months. it started to show problems at about 7 months resumed working for two months and now not working. sent it in for repair but panel on back order.

Contacting customer support for panasonic is an experience for one the website would not let you locate a service center and I had to spend 30minutes to get one with the agent online that wanted to diagnose the problem but just has advice to reset the television that I had already done before he would give the service center and guess what the one he gave me had moved. I was finally able to get another with another call and more wasted minutes. call back to find out status through panasonic is an effort in frustration, panel is on back support and from the service center panasonic has not done anything about it so TV cannot be fixed without panel.

Panasonic Customer Service is very good at deflecting your questions, it appears they have no clue as to what is happening and I find them VERY UNHELPFUL.

4.0 out of 5 stars Panasonic VIERA LED_LCD TV, May 5, 2013
This review is from: Panasonic VIERA TC-L47DT50 47-Inch 1080p 240Hz 3D Full HD IPS LED-LCD TV (Electronics)
Very easy to set up and operate. Excellent picture and surprisingly good speakers.
Only two things keeping this from being 5-star; the software and the built in WiFi.
- Panasonic VIERA's operating system seems a little proprietary and does not access the wide range of apps available except with difficulty.
- I had hoped to eliminate my ROKU with the TV's WiFi but Netflix, PLEX, Amazon, etc have nowhere near the resolution when streamed through the TV as through ROKU.

Still, I am a happy purchaser and user.

5.0 out of 5 stars really a decent tv, April 2, 2013
bought in february on amazon for $750. i guess they jack up the price when good reviews start coming in. reviews in february were very mixed (people attribute to the terrible cnet review - which could be true). that said, it is a really good looking set. sound quality is pretty darn good. lots of hdmi ports, usb ports and sd card.
wifi streaming really nice....some streaming shows and over the air tv is as clear or more crisp than dvd quality.
2D to 3D conversion of regular tv or dvds is pretty interesting but you need to buy active 3D glasses....try the samsungs as they are much less expensive than panasonic glasses. the panasonic app store is really lacking, very limited choice...doesn't look promising for many more apps showing up there....but, that is not an issue for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Warranty Warning - watch for where you get it from, April 1, 2013
Be warned that you may save some money when ordering a TV on amazon but it might be because you aren't getting a warranty. Many manufacturers will only offer a warranty for a TV that was purchased from a qualified retailer. So be sure to first check the manufacturer webpage for authorized dealers. When purchased from these retailers a regular manufacturer warranty will be honored. Also, be sure that when you purchase the TV from amazon you check the original product page and be sure it says "shipped from and sold by amazon.com".

I stumbled across this site that was very informational while TV hunting. It includes feature comparisons, model number guides, and recommended picture settings. whatsthemodel.com

4.0 out of 5 stars Love this tv, March 12, 2013
I ordered this tv a few weeks ago and I thought it looked good but the black levels were not to good with is so bothersome to me when a dark sene is in a movie. When there was a black image the color was white/grey starting on one side, so I received another there is still a little grey around the edges but its not a lot so the color is so much better Video games look awesome, the 3d is pretty good. I bought the Samsung 3d glasses they worked my family was able to enjoy wrecked Ralph to cute. All in all I would recommend this tv... Thanks amazon

4.0 out of 5 stars Thank you CNET for the bad rating on this TV, March 6, 2013
Allowed me to get a great deal. I have found the internet interface very simple to navigate and responsive. Have been enjoying the free trials of Hulu Plus and Netflix.... The picture to me looks best in Cinema mode, not the default. It has been 40 days of enjoyable TV watching with no software hitches or issues. Have not tried the 3-D yet but looking forward to it. Many says ignore this TV in favor of Plasma Panasonics...well I looked a plasma on display at Sears and found it too dark for my liking, looked dull in comparison to this unit which has vibrant colors. 240 Hz has performed well during the sporting events I have watched. Also like the fact unit came with the cables needed to hook up my "old" DVD player. Hoped this helped somebody on their decision making because I shopped for months due to paralysis by analysis.

5.0 out of 5 stars A very Nice TV, February 27, 2013
I'm very satisfied, Operations are simple. I did a lot of research on this TV and compared its' features. I like the way Amazon scheduled the delivery, very personal. All reviews I read are accurate.

‹ Previous | 1 2 318 | Next ›