Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Panasonic VIERA TC-L47E50 47-Inch 1080p 120Hz Full HD IPS LED-LCD TV
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Billy Talent Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on December 21, 2012
I've had this TV for about 3 weeks now, and so far it's been great. The picture is great and there are tons of options to mess around with. My only complaint is that (like with most TVs today) the built-in speakers are pretty poor, and it only has a digital audio out (not the traditional "red and white" audio output plugs). I wish it had an analog audio out as well, but that's becoming pretty much standard for TVs today so I knew that going in. Other than that though the experience has been perfect so far. Highly recommended if you want a great TV for a relatively low price.
on December 27, 2012
Bought this 42" to replace 5-7 ys old Samsung 36" LCD TV for our bedroom use.

The image is very good, black level is reasonable, and wireless connection is easy to setup and runs smoothly with our Belkin N+ router via Time Warner Cable Road Runner. Haven't hook up to a DVD/Blu-ray player via HDMI to assess its video performance.

However, it does have some issues that can be improved.

First, I agree with all those posted complains about poor audio volume. I have to crank up to near 40-50 to have reason sound vol. Of course, no base as expected from any built-in speakers. May consider to add a Zbox to improve the sound quality.

Second, the available apps are quite poor with a few useful ones like Pandora, most of them are junk and useless and require paid subscriptions! No web browser either. This is the worst aspect of this internet TV.

If you want to use it as a pure TV instead of view web sites, it is fine.
on July 4, 2013
Our 20 year old TV finally died. (Rest in peace old friend.) I did a lot of research and this seemed to be the best value for the money. But you just never really know until it's in your home. I am happy to report that the TV surpassed our expectations. The color and picture quality are phenomenal. It was so easy to set up, and I am not a Technie. I also purchased a wireless LAN adaptor from eBay, so we can access Amazon Instant Video and Netflix. I'm very pleased overall. Pat myself on the back!
on April 2, 2013
Love the picture, love the colors, love the size. Of course, there is considerable difference between a 27-in JVC tube-type display over 17years old, and a 47-in LED-LCD hi-def just in the size. As I get older, I find that the text on low-res displays leaves a lot to be desired, and I often kill the sound and just monitor the news peripheally when I'm working on the computer, enabling audio when something catches my eye. Also, like the multiple input choices, and the internet ready capability. I currently use a wired network connection, will eventually setup wireless. This enabled me to get "hooked" on streaming video, especially "Game of Thrones."
on June 27, 2012
This TV is great. The picture quality is great and for the price you pay you cannot beat it. It has good features. e.g. connecting to the internet and apps. To top it all off, Amazon's customer service is the best. They are better than the rest by a big margin. Hands down. I would recommend this TV to anyone who doesn't want to pay a fortune for a decent size tv. You won't be disappointed.

I have one gripe with Panasonic. The packaging of this item could be improved. My box was torn when it arrived. After I opened it, it wasn't the best unpacking experience.
on December 26, 2012
Love love love this tv! I had concerns ordering it online w/o seeing it in person but couldn't beat the price considering all of the features. I'm so glad I went for it. The picture quality is excellent. I made a couple of tweaks to make the black darker & the colors more vivid. I also changed the cinema quality down a notch since it seems like the 120hz processor is too advanced for most shows I watch & I noticed the "soap opera effect" people were mentioning too. I'm bummed amazon was out of the USB adapters & won't have them in stock for another 1-2mos. So I can't review the apps but I'm excited to check it out & the amazon videos I can download for free too.
on March 27, 2015
Great TV, but weak in the speaker department as they face rearward. Add a soundbar and you won't be unhappy with this set. The built-in web apps are great. This set replaced my 37 inch viera, which had a beautiful picture and still works excellent after many years, I just wanted a bigger picture and the web enabled features.
on January 3, 2013
This tv has the best picture by far I have ever seen. I techy I am not. Just a guy (with a family) who loves to watch sports. We have guest over who cannot believe how life like everything is. The sound is fine. Not much different than any other tv we have had.
However (and it may just be me) I was under the impression this tv was internet ready. It is not, at least not how I think of internet ready these days (like a laptop). We need an adapter which is not a huge deal, just kind of a drag.
on July 10, 2013
So I got this TV because it can be hooked up to the "internet" (it can only be hooked up to Vera app store.. so netflix and what not) BUT the big thing is, I can hook it up to my DLNA server! (All my movies on the big screen now!)

The only reason I do not give this 5 stars is because it is wireless ready BUT in order to use wireless you have to buy an expensive Panasonic adapter. BUT do no fret. Simply buy a wireless gaming adapter, (I use this TRENDnet Wireless N Gaming Adapter TEW-647GA (Black)) and hook it up to your Ethernet port! (Saves you 50 dollars but you do have the extra cables)

Over all, its not a bad TV.
on February 17, 2013
Very impressed with this TV. The picture quality is excellent - color depth and contrast comparable to our 5-yr old Panasonic plasma set, and stunning sharpness. I thought it was a gamble buying a big, feature-loaded TV in this price range, but now I'm really glad I didn't spend more money. Unless you are super critical or really want 3D, this set should do the job.
Also, the free in-home delivery was fast, courteous, and the set arrived in perfect condition.