5.0 out of 5 stars Remarkable picture, beautiful design!
~~My Setup~~
The Panasonic VIERA TC-L47WT50 47-Inch is remarkably thin and the industrial design is gorgeous. I did not wall mount the unit, but put it on my media console. For console use, there's a bit of assembly involved with attaching the unit to the stand and you will need two people to do it safely.

I have it hooked up to a Panasonic blu-ray player,...
Published on May 30, 2012 by Amy S.

2.0 out of 5 stars Panasonic TC-L47WT50
Overall, unit is fair. Local Panel Dimming and overly aggressive backlight control causes poor movie viewing experience. Returned unit. Expected better from Panasonic.
Published 8 months ago by DMac

5.0 out of 5 stars Great TV, January 1, 2014
This review is from: Panasonic VIERA TC-L47WT50 47-Inch 1080p 240Hz 3D Full HD IPS LED-LCD TV (2012 Model) (Electronics)
Very enjoyable to watch TV on. Crystal clear picture
Very Happy with it and the service was great the TV
arrived promptly after being shipped

5.0 out of 5 stars Panasonic L47wt50, December 22, 2013
beautiful TV lots of features for color adjustment,WiFi and Bluetooth work great.
The TV is very responsive and fast all the smart features work great. Did not have an issue with clouding or back-light scanning, I adjusted the color so that it comes close to my plasma (Panasonic) 85%-90% except for the black background scenes (when the whole screen is black like a dark night scene) comes in at 75%-80% but I expected that, I would always buy a plasma first I am sad to hear that Panasonic will stop making plasma's. I bought this TV mainly to use as a computer monitor, works great very happy with this purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great tv so far, May 17, 2013
I had this TV for less than 2 month. It is great. It is light. It is easy to put on the wall.The color is easy to calibrate if you do a quick online search for the settings. Easy to use the traditional remote. The touch remote is a bit hard to get used to. One thing that not very easy to do is lacking of a qwerty keyboard for web browsing. Let's see how long it will last...

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality TV, March 20, 2013
The quality is great. The TV is very light. the colors are good. the image quality is spectacular. the viewing angle is excellent. the 3D works great(tried it with Rio Blu Ray 3D, using both Panasonic glasses and cheaper Samsung glasses, both of which worked equally well). The ONLY complaint I have is that it's my first LED TV, and I've noticed that sometimes, the image looks TOO realistic... it almost loses it's "filmed" quality, which is a little jarring, at first. For example, I was watching Fringe the other night, and there were times where it felt like the image was more like a soap opera style. I'm not a film editing expert, so I can't explain why this kind of viewing feels so different. All in all, I guess I would prefer a 55" Panasonic Plasma, but for the weight of the TV, the energy consumption, and the smaller physical size compared to the useable screen size, I would say that this was the right choice.

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good, September 22, 2012
I love the tv. Great picture. Sound could be a bit louder. Like everyone else said as well, I wish it came with 3d glasses.

5.0 out of 5 stars Vibrant & sharp picture, 3-D, and very advanced., May 22, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This new 3-D Viera is truly amazing. It is so advanced, has a superior picture, so high tech that it amazes me. With so many features, so lightweight, 3-D, amazing. We streamed a Bruce Willis movie last nite through Amazon Prime, so clear, no interuptions ever with buffering or such. It didn't take that long to set up, less than two hours and we were careful with each step. Though you will need to order 3-D glasses, Amazon has them here at an excellent price. This Panasonic Viera is truly a marvel. The picture is so vibrant and features so amazing, it will take me more time to learn more. I see by the high ratings many others are in agreement with me. Though it's still new I certainly very HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT. And thank you again Amazon, and Panasonic. They make amazing products. I do believe this TV sets a new standard/new bar. NOTE: This updated review actually posted 7/11/2012.

5.0 out of 5 stars WHAT a surperb multi function TV, February 25, 2013
Beside a great picture hooked to our dish network sat system, the bells and whistles offered when connected to the internet is mind numbing. Hightly recommended and worth every penny

5.0 out of 5 stars Great picture and beautiful design, May 24, 2012
S. Schulze (San Francisco, CA) - See all my reviews
Disclaimer: I did not update my TV in about 8 years and was having a small Samsung LCD display, so
I probably do not qualify for a state-of-the-art reviewer. But I was so amazed by the quality of this TV that
I actually write my first amazon review.

The colors are incredible and the picture quality overall is fantastic.
To me (in a lightly lit room) the black levels look great contrary to some opinions I read in some reviews;
Maybe cinephile might think differently, but to me they look great.

Picture is great, the HD movie quality is astonishing, the motion smoothing is
very good, only sometimes it seems to be almost too perfect and creates this
'home video' effect of being 'too real'.

I only tested 3D briefly so far, but it looks pretty impressive. But I am not really into 3D, just wanted a nice new TV.

If you want decent sound, as usual, you will need a good 5.1 or 7.1 speaker system and
the right receiver. However, I was quite happy with the sound I heard so far and I am
likely using the standard sound of the TV for most occasions.

I researched loosely for some weeks and looked closely at Samsung's UND8000 and UNES8000 series as well als the Sony HX series, but liked this TV in the end best.

pros:
- Great design
- Great picture
- Nice feature set
- Setup was easy and flawless

cons:

Like the other reviewers I was a little disappointed that the 3d glasses are not included.
This is mainly because it seems that other countries seem to have them included and
almost any review I read before about the WT-50 pointed out how nice it is to have
the glasses included.
Since you need a new type of glasses anyways for this TV it is even harder to understand,
it's not that many people would already have glasses they can use with the TV out of the
box.

2.0 out of 5 stars Panasonic VIERA TC-L55WT50 Not for movies or viewing in the dark!, May 3, 2013
I got this TV 6 months ago because I wanted a TV that could compete in image quality with a good plasma, since we watch lots of movies, and only watch TV at night. I couldn't get a plasma because of all the people using the set--there would be too much danger of burn-in. So, this model has all the tech specs that should let it compare favorably with the performance of a good plasma. Unfortunately, this is not the case. It is still prone to blocking with fast and busy images, like sports. It also shows mad banding when scenes get dark--most disturbing. Finally, there is light bleeding in from around the edges of the mask (in front of the LEDs), which looks like pools, or clouds of faint light that are always there in the dark, for all dark scenes, for fade-outs, in between commercials and shows. It's awful. I had Panasonic come out and "repair" it, which they did willingly. But all it did was move the clouds of light to new areas. The panel (and thus the mask) are so flexible and flimsy that I don't think they can deliver a panel intact without light bleed. I give it two stars because, as long as there is bright info showing, I don't notice the flaws. But I can't stand to watch movies on it. I definitely don't recommend this set for anyone. You could get sloppy LED TV from a set less than half this price, but at least then you'd be getting what you pay for. No way this thing is worth this high price. Just saying.

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Picture & Great Features, December 3, 2012
Robert H. (OC, California) - See all my reviews
The biggest complaint about this TV is the poor black levels, and that's the only reason I'm giving it 4 out of 5 stars. You can see backlight bleed on this TV when you first turn on the TV, when you're watching letterbox content with black on top/bottom (most new blu-ray's have this), and when the screen goes black (in between commercials).

That being said, the picture the other 90% of the time is amazing. I put the 55" version of this TV in my bedroom and we sit about 12-15 feet away from it. The cable box broadcasts in 720p and the picture is incredible. You really notice that some HD broadcasts are lower quality than others, but when you get a good one, it really shines. I spent most of yesterday watching football in the bedroom for this very reason - it was like an artist painted a dancing portrait right on the wall, vibrant and amazing. Blu-Ray / 1080p content is almost too good, makes things look more real than real life, but you can't fault a TV for being "too good".

I wall mounted this TV and just a tip for anyone who's looking to do the same. You're supposed to use M8 (Metric 8) screws that are maximum 8MM in depth. I looked and looked at local HW stores and couldn't find any with this spec. I ended up using M8 screws that were 16MM in depth and buying qty:4 2MM washers (the last one was a lock washer). That seemed to work just as well but I was a bit hesitant at first.

I thought the new VIERA swiping control would be cool to use but I never end up using it because it can't control my cable box or Blu-Ray player so just end up using my universal remote.

I'm quite happy with the purchase and glad I didn't settle for a cheaper LED as we will be using this daily for years to come.

Rate and Discover Movies