4.0 out of 5 stars Great TV and great support.
This TV is awesome. Great picture and apps. Hooked to 3d Panasonic Blu Ray player and picture phenomenal. One caveat, the bluetooth for the 3d glasses does not work. Panasonic support has been great working with me in trouble shooting this problem. Panasonic made all arrangements for Tech to come and repair. Will update once fix is complete. UPDATE: Main board was...
Published on May 2, 2012 by Watchman

2.0 out of 5 stars Great Design----Horrible quality
I purchased this TV last week, the design caught my eye, I really like the style of this TV. The colors and brigtness is really good compared to my previous panasonic plasma, however it has several flaws:

Cons/flaws:
- TV shows yellow hot spots on the bottom of the TV, I guess they made it to slim and thin, so the backlight LED's leak
- Black levels...
Published on September 3, 2012 by MAX SMART

‹ Previous | 15 6 718 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Ignore CNET, December 5, 2012
This review is from: Panasonic VIERA TC-L55DT50 55-Inch 1080p 240Hz 3D Full HD IPS LED-LCD TV (2012 Model) (Electronics)
I was skeptical in buying this item as many were after reviewing the CNET review. I got my TV and let me tell you the picture is amazing. The blacks are way better than my 4 yr old Toshiba tv. The setup was easy and I have enjoyed my minimal time thus far with the TV. I purchased Samsung 3D glasses and they sync up flawlessly to the tv. The 3D picture is amazing as well. This tv is very sleek looking with a very nice aluminum bezel. The screen is not affected buy light at all in my living room setting. I have it mounted above my fireplace and I do not have any light reflecting on it. I do have my christmas tree set up and the lights are reflecting off the tv but nothing that drives me crazy since it's on the side of the viewing area and not in the direct center of it. I don't normally do reviews but with all the negativity I have read from people that don't even own the tv I feel a true owner should write a review. I'm tired of reading people bash the tv for a CNET review or for shipping issues. Shipping issues don't degrade the tv's rating. I do however wish the remote would control my home theater system.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous picture, good blacks, lots of options, November 28, 2012
Bought the 47" version of TV on Cyber Monday for $800 and used $250 Chase Freedom points so quite a steal at $550. This TV has received a bad wrap from the CNET review which gave it quite a lashing, as well as some other reviewers here but I trusted the AVS forums review and pulled the trigger and I am glad I did! This TV is gorgeous and the picture is bright and beautiful after spending a few minutes configuring the picture settings. There is a little artifacting with the motion interpolation set to strong, (see Motion Picture Settings under Advanced options) but I've found it looks great set to weak. No soap opera effect and a little smoother.

I really can't understand the complaints about the blacks. With the picture configured they are pretty deep. I looked at a few plasmas, specifically the LG 50PA5500 and the base model viera and while these blacks aren't as deep as the plasmas, they are still great.

The setup was easy, the Netflix app is a nice feature and the HD video streaming over wifi looks superb. The sound is okay but I will be setting up surround speakers so not a big deal to me.

Not much else to say. I love the TV.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing TV For An Amazing Price, September 4, 2012
I bought this TV and could not be happier with the selection I made. It's extremely aesthetically pleasing. It is a great size and the picture and extras it comes with are amazing.

Super great buy.

1.0 out of 5 stars BUYER BEWARE, October 25, 2014
i purchased a high end tv from panasonic 11 months ago. About a month ago I noticed gray lines stretching across the panel. I called tech support who had me run a series of diagnostic tests. They also asked me to send them a bunch of pictures and my receipt for the tv. Within 30 minutes I had sent them everything they asked me for. The tech told me that the panel needed to be replaced and that he would put in the work order. A couple days later I called to follow up and learned that Panasonic was not going to honor the warranty. Their excuse was that my receipt didn't show that I had paid cash, it only said that I had paid. Panasonic says that the method of payment doesn't matter when it comes to warranty, however, they are turning down my claim. I am not sure of the legality of this, however, I think that people need to be aware of their business practices and to take this into strong consideration when thinking about buying a Panasonic product.

4.0 out of 5 stars great tv for the price, February 8, 2013
not sure why all the negative reviews here. I found this TV to have an excellant picture quality. Yes the blacks are not as defined as a plasma... but it's not a plasma. Yes out of the box it doesnt have a crisp picture. I had to play w the settings on the TV and my HD cable box to get the best picture. Most of the issues I had were with my timewarner cable box not providing a true 1080 picture so i dropped the input to 720 and the picture still looks great. But again, that's the cable box and not the TV. I found it to have excellant sound as well.. not sure why others found the sound to be bad, im a musician and i found to be above average if you tweak it. Others complained about the advertisement when changing the volume... you can remove this in settings; it's easy. also, someone else complained about the glowing "panasonic" on the bottom of the front of the tv, you can turn this off in settings as well. It has a little more glare than my LG LCD TV but i anticipated this. Amazon had this for $799... for this price this was a steal! I didnt get the the TV for the 3d but you should know it doesnt come w 3d glasses. I found a samsung pair of (Samsung SSG-4100GB 3D Active Glasses) glasses on Amazon that works with the unit for $20 a piece. I agree w the bulk of the reviews, that CNET doesnt know what they're talking about. i wouldnt pay $1500 for it that sears and other vendors are selling it for....for a 240hz TV i was expecting to be blown away. again, probably a timewarner issue vs the tv. for MY needs, this works at this price level. i dont watch alot of movies so this feet my needs for watching sports and basic HD tv.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great!, January 30, 2013
Looks so good that we invited a dozen friends from church over to watch the Super Bowl this coming Sunday.
(PS: After church - NO excuse not to go to church :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Pumped Over Purchase, January 29, 2013
I don't ususally write reviews and frankly I could care what others think of the products I buy, however after doing extensive research on a new TV, I now feel like Panasonic got hosed on review sites for this TV. Just goes to show that I think each manufacturer pays various review sites to give them favorable ratings. I found it ironic that the mainstream site tend to favor Samsung, Vizio or Sony, but the tech forums do not as much

I am thrilled on my purchase. As a prime member, I paid $8 bucks more and received the television in 2 days. Although the box was a little flimsy and I always worry about the shipping on electronics, there was no damage.

The TV set up was too easy. My wireless network was found in one second and I have yet to have any issues. The picture quality out of the box was great. I did make some adjustments (everyone will) and I found the user interface to be enjoyable.

We had family over the following evening and multiple people commented on great the picture quality was.

I'm a bit of a dork on buying electronics as I buy the best quality for the price. I also do lots of research. I was close to pulling the trigger on TV sets hundreds of dollars more. I have owned Panasonic, Vizio, Samsung and Sharp TVs in the past. Although, my ultimate decision came down to the fact that my past Panasonic TV's have out performed the rest.

I highly recommend this TV.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful picture, thin bezel makes it look like the picture comes out of the wall, remote control still too complicated, January 18, 2013
Edward A. Sabis "esabis" (Orlando, FL United States) - See all my reviews
Absolutely brilliant picture. You won't be sorry. IMHO it beats anything that Samsung offers. SmartTV is effortless to use. The only disappointment is the remote. As usual, too many buttons. We even waited to buy a Panasonic Blu-Ray player so they would work seamlessly together. Just not as seamless as one would hope.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great TV and App integration, January 10, 2013
Quintin A Kerby (Jacksonville, FL) - See all my reviews
I really like the TV and especially the Amazon Instant Video app. This was the only TV where I could find a native app built in, unlike my Samsung which requires me to use the Yahoo widgets.

The picture is great and the form factor of the TV is very slim and visually appealing.

My only complaint is the IR Audio Out jack was received busted. The first time I plugged in a spring fell out and I had to tape the cable in place in order for it to stay. There is no way I am sending it back for that because it is already up on my wall, and I have not yet pursued customer support. The fifth star is missing due to Panasonic sending out a product with defects.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great TV, January 10, 2013
Great TV. Far too many good things to mention but here goes a few. The TV can play all the apps you care to use. It is preloaded with the basics, Netflix, Hulu, Pandora, Amazon Instant Video and a few others. Other free and paid apps are available through Viera Connect Market. Very intuitive interface with the remote. Wi-Fi is quick to setup and is very stable. Without the stand, it is only about 30 lbs so you dont need a $500 dollar bracket for wall mounting. Panasonic publishes several smart phone apps the coolest of which is the remote control app. This app sets itself up by detecting the TV when your phone and the TV are sharing the same wireless network. Its a fully functional remote, a keyboard, a game controller and coolest of all, streams all media on your phone to the TV through DLNA. You dont even have to change inputs, it just overrides whatever you are watching and when done, it simply goes back to what you were doing.

The picture is stunningly bright and clear. The colors are awesome. Customization is straight forward through the menus. I have not had the oppportunity to check out the 3D functionality because the way I bought this TV, it did not include the 3D glasses. "I'll just get them later, how much could they be?" I said... They are between 50 to 70 bucks each depending on where and how you buy them... Keep that in mind...

This is a fantastic TV but it also has it's first world problems as well.

1. The HDMI ports are on the back but very close to the edge making it difficult to hide the cables. Thicker cables with ferrite cores will need to be bent very tightly to avoid seeing the cable around side of the TV. This bend stresses the HDMI port itself and will likely cause some problems if not done very carefully. (Bend the cable first, then put in the tv). 90° and swivel end cables may be a solution but you may end up with other problems as the ports are pretty close to each other.

2. There are no analog audio outputs for things like wireless headphones and or older, non digital audio receivers. I bought a converter ($25.00) to convert the optical audio to RCA so there is a solution. There are also no analog inputs. Make sure you have a plan for the devices you plan for your older, non HDMI equipment.

3. The remote should have a qwerty keyboard. It does not. You can hook up a keyboard, even a wireless one in the USB ports so its cool, but they could have just as easily put a small one on the remote.

See, First world problems... I feel bad even mentioning some of these.

‹ Previous | 15 6 718 | Next ›