Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Panasonic VIERA TC-P50UT50 50-Inch 1080p 600Hz Full HD 3D Plasma TV (2012 Model)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on April 19, 2012
I purchased the 50" and it is absolutely amazing. First, the picture quality is amazing. Blu-ray discs look spectacular, 3D disks are unbelievable, and my Xbox 360 has never looked better. Second, the sound is terrific. I was not expecting much in the way of audio, but was blown away by how good the sound is on this TV. The USB ports work great for charging 3D glasses. I even hooked up an external hard drive, and it worked great with the media center on the TV. Bottom line, this TV is amazing on all counts. However, my buying experience through Amazon was not so amazing. I scheduled a delivery between 1 and 3 o'clock, took the day off work, and sat patiently. The TV was not delivered until 6:30, and I lost a day of work for nothing. A small price to pay for such an amazing TV.
on May 24, 2012
I would give this television 4 stars because you are compelled to use Panasonic branded products for the 3d glasses and the wireless internet, but the Panasonic Branded accessories are excellent, and well worth the money. I suggest not trying to mix and match your components for a full 3D Home Theater experience, especially the 3D glasses. I had to send an off-Brand back to Amazon and get teh Panasonic glasses.

This was out first exposure to home 3d TV, and my wife and I were suitably impressed. Upgrading from 2D->3D is not bad. Pictures on a home network media server can be upgraded to 3d, and while a few have some unusual effects, overall it is remarkable. True 3D movies and programs from DirectTv are excellent. I bought a copy of a movie we saw in the theater in 3D, and it was as good as watching the movie at the theater. Of course, a 60" screen does not compete with a full sized theater screen, but the overall effect is close enough to keep me from bothering to go to the theater to see a new release.

The internet access is excellent as well. I already used Roku and Amazon videos on demand, so I was familiar with internet Movie Options. I have not explored a wireless keyboard yet, but there is a way to do general web browsing with this TV, and in time I may do that instead of using my Dell XPS laptop.

There is also a Skype capability that is worth checking out. If you are in a position to use Skype (we are not), the add-on $299 camera provides theater-like quality for those you send your skype image to.

All in all, there are certainly systems as good and better than this, but for the money, this is likely as good as it gets.
on April 15, 2013
The TV is great, I am really happy with it. Picture is great, the features are great and overall really pleased.

What I would like to note in this review is Amazon customer service. They stepped up big and made me a lifetime customer. Originally, I purchased the Panasonic one model down from this one. When it came, the screen was completely shattered, which we did not discover until after the shippers left (always check before they leave, which later I learned they are supposed to do automatically anyway). I called Amazon in a big huff and eventually spoke to a higher up who could make decisions. The problem was, they were sold out of the same model TV I had purchased and could not send out a replacement. Their solution was to just refund the money. I was really set on this TV after all the research I had done and told them that was not an acceptable solution for me. I wanted the same TV and if they could not offer the same, I would like the next model up at the same price, which they did have in stock. About a week later, they picked up the shattered TV and I was watching my new Panasonic P55UT50. They stayed in touch with me throughout to make sure everything went smooth and that I was happy with the outcome. I would have been happiest if the first TV came without a problem, but sometimes problems do occur and Amazon handled it very well.
on December 14, 2013
Problems from day 1, with very loud buzzing. TV just failed about 11 months in, luckily still within the warranty. Everything I read about this TV makes them seem extremely unreliable and prone to failure before 1.5 years from multiple points. So even if you bother fixing one issue at great cost (if it's outside warranty) it'll likely fail again quickly with another part. I would avoid this tv unless you're willing to gamble on that. Picture quality and all that are great but what's the point if it burns out so quickly?
on September 25, 2012
Ordered this TV on 9-10-12.Received it 5 days later!Impressive.Well packaged.Easy instructions.Menu was easy to follow.Followed the instructions and recommendations from other posts on Amazon and the TV was dialed in perfectly. Very good picture.Very good price from Amazon. I love this TV.Highly recommend.
on January 28, 2013
This a killer TV for the $$. Exceptional black retention and shadow detail along with good to very good color rendition make this an exceptional value in my opinion. Haven't tried the 3D or wi-fi capabilities so cannot comment on these but don't mind that they the wi-fi dongle nd 3D glasses aren't included. Been running Panny plasmas for close to 4 years now and have never had any problems. Caution: if you're a daytime viewer and or want eye popping unnaturally vivid colors, this is likely not the right TV for you. But if much of what you watch are high def film sources and are on a budget, this one is worth serious consideration. Highly recommended!
on January 29, 2013
This is a great TV. I'm really enjoying the picture quality. It is very crisp and clear. The TV speakers aren't too bad but I wanted to hook the system up to my old stereo. There isn't an easy way to do that though. Most of the reviews I've read on "SPDIF to RCA" converters say that the converter introduces a lot of latency, where the sound and image don't match up. To avoid this I have each device plugged directly into my old stereo system. When I'm watching TV, I have to listen through the TV speakers though.

I also have a Sony BDP-S185 Blu ray player. I have it connected through HDMI and the TV remote controls the Blu-Ray player. That was a nice unexpected feature. Kind of eliminates the desire for a universal remote.
on December 13, 2012
I have never been happier with a tv purchase. Superior picture quality (cant beat the deep blacks, and vibrant colors of plasma) for a way lower price. I play a lot of video games on it and have not noticed any burn in (even after several hour sessions with the same H.U.D.). One complaint would be the glare like other people are saying, but it doesn't bother me because i use it with lights off anyway (but be warned). Speakers on this thing do not sound that good, but I might just be used to my home theater setup. I highly recommend this TV.
on March 31, 2013
I bought this TV on 12/28/12 from Best Buy. The positive reviews out numbered the negative reviews. So I bought it. Well on 3/26/13 I received a phone call from my daughter telling me the TV wouldn't turn on. I came home to find out it had the dreaded 8 red linght blinks. I called Best Buy, they came on 3/29/13 and said I needed a new main board. I should have done better research on the net. It seems it is a common problem. Once fixed and should I have a problem with it, the tv will end up in the recycle bin and will not buy another Panasonic. I have a 42" Spectre TV for 3 years and not a problem. Hmmm a lesser known brand out performing a well known brand. In short, DO NOT BUY. Do your research. Panasonic is having alot of problems. I would not recommend this to anyone."
on December 2, 2013
I love it! I did have an issue with a vibration sound and since it was within warranty, Panasonic sent out a technician who quickly identified the issue as being caused by a small screw which was loose (apparently, this has occurred in other cases). He tightened it and no more problems since.

2D and 3D quality is also really nice! I also enjoy the built-in apps like Pandora, Netflix and Amazon Prime video.

No regrets!