- Free 60-Day Tech Support: This item is eligible for FREE Tech Support for 60 days from the date of delivery. Over the phone, our trained technicians can help you set up, configure, connect, and troubleshoot so you can start enjoying your new purchase. Owners of qualifying products can reach Tech Support by selecting your product on the Contact Us page. Learn more
Panasonic VIERA TC-P55ST50 55-Inch 1080p 600Hz Full HD 3D Plasma TV (2012 Model)
Want professional installation of this product?
- Handpicked pros
- Compare estimates and reviews
- Buy directly on Amazon
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- 55-Inch Plasma display, 960 Hz Clear Motion Rate
- Infinite Black Pro Panel
- Vera CONNECT (Wi-Fi Built-In with Web Browser)
- TV without stand (Width x Height x Depth): 51-Inch x 30.5-Inch x 1.8-Inch, TV with stand (Width x Height x Depth): 51-Inch x 32.5-Inch x 14.1-Inch
- 1 Year Manufacturer's Warranty
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Special Offers and Product Promotions
What the press is saying:
"The affordable Panasonic TC-PST50 series exhibited outstanding overall picture quality, characterized by exceedingly deep black levels with great shadow detail, accurate colors, and solid bright-room performance. Unlike LCDs, as a plasma it has superb off-angle and uniformity characteristics. The styling is attractive and the feature set well-chosen, including excellent onscreen help options"...."The bottom line: With flagship-level picture quality for a midlevel price, the Panasonic ST50 series sets the value standard among videophile-grade TVs." ~CNET.com, (March 28, 2012)-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The ST50 series features 1080p Full HD resolution, an Infinite Black Pro Panel, and VIERA Connect with web browser and built-in Wi-Fi. Other unique features include 2D to 3D conversion and 2500 focused field drive.
VIERA Connect IPTV - More Fun Comes Via a Cloud ServiceVIERA Connect is a cloud service that provides access to apps in categories like video and music, social networking, games, news and lifestyle, sports, health and fitness. Learn more about the world of Smart VIERA and VIERA Connect here.
Enhance your TV Experience with Popular Apps
Popular apps on VIERA Connect include Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Facebook, Twitter, Wall Street Journal, and huluplus, all optimized for the best possible user experience. In the 2012 TVs, you can have an unlimited number of apps installed because those apps are stored in the cloud, rather than in the TV memory itself.
Learn more about "smart" TVs, how they work, what services are offered by different manufacturers, and exactly what you'll need to get started at Amazon's Smart TV Center.
Clicker - Video on Demand Cross Searching
Find your favorite movies and video content easily with one-step searching, which allows you to cross search from multiple VOD services. For ease-of-use, use the quick keyword input on VIERA Connect to help retrieve your desired content faster and easier. Customize your screen by grouping commonly used apps and displaying them on the screen for easier use.
VIERA Remote App Support
The VIERA remote app lets you use a smartphone or tablet device as a remote control. Tap and flick-based commands are intuitive. Use your smartphone as a gamepad for VIERA Connect game applications or your tablet as a touch pad to control what you do on the TV screen. Display the same web pages on both your VIERA screen and your smartphone with a simple flick. Simply "swipe" and share your favorite photos, music, and movies from your smartphone to your VIERA TV anytime.
Communicate with Family and Friends
The social networking TV app allows you to access social network sites and communicate with your loved ones while simultaneously watching TV. Watch live sports games while upping the excitement by chatting with your friends as the game unfolds. You can also record an original message and set it as your answering voice message. Callers can record messages onto an SD Memory Card (min. 512MB required), while you are away. *Skype camera not included with TV purchase
Share Content on the Large Screen with 2D-3D Conversion Unique Panasonic technology converts 2D images into high-quality 3D images. The technology generates a detailed depth effect for each type of image so the 3D effect is natural and realistic. Enjoy Blu-ray movies, DVDs and TV broadcasts in 3D. The Super Resolution function allows images that were converted to be displayed in sharp, clear 3D images. Learn more about Panasonic's true-to-life Full HD 3D technology here.
Learn more about 3D, how it works, and exactly what you'll need to enjoy 3D at home at our 3D Center.
The Perfect Smart TV Experience: A Suite of TechnologiesFast-Switching Phosphor
The use of fast switching phosphors has significantly reduced afterglow duration and reproduced clear 3D and 2D images. Fast switching phosphors are used in all full HD models.
3D 24p Cinema Smoother
VIERA gives you naturally flowing 24p images with the look and tonal characteristics of film, and familiar TV-like quality. Panasonic's advanced source analysis and frame generation deliver smooth, natural, and lifelike images.
Connect this DLNA-compatible VIERA HDTV and DLNA-compatible AV equipment to your home network, and you can watch movies, listen to music, and view photos from any room in the house. VIERA HDTV's Wi-Fi capability gives you even more layout flexibility. The ST50 series has built-in Wi-Fi so a wireless LAN adaptor is not required.
600 Hz Sub-field Drive and 2500 Focused Field Drive
The ST50 features 600Hz technology which allows for superb full-HD motion and still images. Panasonic uses its own unique image-analysis technology which allows for greater clarity with motion images. Each frame is displayed for a shorter length of time to reduce aftereffects. The ST50 also employs Neo Plasma Black 2500 FDD (Focused Field Drive) to provide a crisp image even when the content shows very fast motion.
Operate Multiple Systems with Just One Remote Control through VIERA Link VIERA LinkThe ST50 features VIERA Link, a technology that allows a consumer to operate all VIERA Link compatible AV components using only the TV’S remote control. Just point the VIERA remote at your TV, and the signal will travel over the HDMI wires to the right piece of equipment, whether it be your Panasonic Blu-ray or DVD player or Panasonic Home Cinema Surround System.
Deep, Rich Blacks with the Infinite Black Pro PanelThe ST50 series feature self-illuminating panels with ultimate black levels. Enhancements to the panel and cells help reproduce images with smooth, natural gradation and deep, rich blacks - even when viewed in bright surroundings. In movies, the true, deep blacks faithfully convey the intent of the filmmakers, adding power and realism to the viewing experience.
Environmentally FriendlyPanasonic’s commitment to sustainability and producing products that are ecologically sound is evidenced in the 100,000 hour life span of the Plasma Display panel and the lack of lead or mercury in the panels. Thanks to a newly designed phosphor process and rear panel process, Panasonic's plasma panels last for up to 100,000 hours before the brightness decreases by half. That's more than 30 years of viewing 8 hours a day. Plus with Eco Mode, Panasonic TV's turn off and adjust brightness depending on the VIERA's operating status. Settings can be configured by selecting Eco mode from VIERA Tools. The Power Save setting also adjusts screen brightness to reduce power consumption.
2012 Panasonic VIERA Plasma HDTV Comparison Chart
|Models:||50", 55", 60", 65" ||50" |
|High Definition Resolution|| |
1080p Full HD 3D
1080p Full HD 3D
1080p Full HD 3D
1080p Full HD 3D
720p HD 3D
1080p Full HD
|Mercury and Lead Free Panel|| || || || || || |
|Long Panel Life|| || || || || || |
|VIERA Link|| || || || || || |
|Game Mode|| || || || || || |
|Media Player (SD, USB, DLAN via LAN)|| || || || || || |
|SD Card Slot|| || || || || || |
|HDMI/USB Port|| |
|2D-3D Conversion|| |
w/ Face Detection
| || || |
|Wi-Fi Capability|| |
|DLNA (via LAN)|| || || || || || |
|Smartphone Remote Function*|| || || || || || |
|Fast Switching Phosphors|| || || || || || |
|VIERA Connect|| || || || || || |
|2500 Focused Field Drive|| || || || || || |
|Skype Communication|| || || || || || |
|Social Networking TV|| || || || || |
|E-Help|| || || || || |
|Infinite Black Panel w/ Louver Filter || |
|Pro Settings || || || || || || |
|3D Real Sound || || || |
|24, 576 Shades of Gradation || || || || || || |
|THX3D Certified|| || || |
|VIERA Touch Pad Controller|| || || || || || |
|96Hz Playback of 24p|| || || |
|ISFccc|| || || || || || |
|Online Movies|| || || || |
INPUT AND OUTPUT
Input/Output connections:3 x HDMI input (19 pin HDMI Type A) - Side,2 x (4 pin USB Type A),1 x Composite video / component video input (RCA phono x 3),1 x (RCA phono x 2),1 x Audio line-in (Mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm),1 x Network (RJ-45),1 x Digital audio output (optical)
Top Customer Reviews
1. You really need to adjust the picture settings on this TV (duh). Doing so will result in exquisite picture quality. I had heard that this TV gives "flagship quality at a mid-range price" and I am here to confirm that; Game of Thrones on Blu-Ray looks absolutely incredible. (Skip to the end of this review for my picture settings)
2. Virtually no input lag for Xbox games (crucial for FPS).
3. IR (image retention) has not been an issue whatsoever, even after playing Xbox games with a static HUD for a few hours at a time.
4. I am disappointed with the sound quality, mainly because other reviewers said it was better than most other TV's in this price range. While this may be true, in the end I consider it to be barely useable. However, when spending well over 1K on a TV you should probably invest in some sort of sound system also.
5. Buzzing has been nonexistent thus far, will update if I notice it.
1. Stand does not swivel.
2. Very slick styling; looks great in person.
3. Remote looks like it was made for a 1998 geriatric technology convention. (who cares about the remote, dude?)
4. There is no questioning the excellence of Amazon's customer service, but the "scheduled delivery" is worthless. Mine was scheduled from 9am-12pm. When it finally arrived at 5pm (lol) the driver said, "Nothing runs on time with freight." So be prepared to block out a whole day to receive this item (keep in mind this was my experience, not sure how common this is?). Amazon did give me $60 store credit for my troubles.
5.Read more ›
I have owned a 42" panasonic plasma for last 7 years and has always found it superior in natural color reproduction and movie picture quality when compared to LCDs.
It was a time to upgrade. I did look at some LCDs but never found them any close to plasma in natural color tones and movie picture quality. I think Panasonic offers the best quality plasma amongst very few plasma manufacturers left in market. So picked p55st50 which is at competitive price, superior than last years best rated vt30 and offers most features from higher line ups for 2012.
Here are few major features stood out to me. Will add/edit later..
- Amazing picture and color quality. Noticeable improved motion smoothness, vibrant colors
- profile is prettey slim. Around 1.5" thik. Thickness is uniform from top to bottom exept the edges on all four sides are thinner. The bezel is better(thinner) than last years st30 model. There is a clear plastic extention around the bezel which is not enhancing the the look and I guess is added to provide protection against any damage to the edges. There are no buttons on front of the pannel only the remote sensor the power light and I guess a ambient light sensor. The power, volume, channel and menu buttons are on the right side back of the pannel which easy to access when needed. The black bezel is almost non-reflective and offers no viewing distraction as I have noticed in some other brands. The new antireflective screen appers to be working well.Read more ›
You will receive your TV, open it immediately--admire its beauty momentarily, inspect it for physical defects, realize that it is indeed factory mint, plug it in, turn it on, mind blown. Well something like that. I have heard professional reviewers say there is no such thing as a perfect TV. But, this has to be the closest thing.
I spent 30-45 days doing research on what TV to buy for the basement of my new home--I went from looking at only LCDs (a mentality that is really 3-years old now), to debating between Samsung and Panasonic Plasmas. The research on reviews/pricing was clear--Panasonic's mid-range model edged Samsung's in terms of Quality/Capabilities. Still--this TV sits in the primary entertaining room in my new home, and the 2011 Panasonics just looked dated. Even though I could have save $200-300 by going with last years model, the glass trim and slim profile are just sooo Hot, particularly on a wall mount. Not too mention--the TV shed 24 pounds (or 28%) from last year's model. It differs slightly from the comparable Samsung's as the bottom two corners of the glass trim are cut at a 45 degree angle rather than rounded like Samsung.
I have had this TV for a little over 2 weeks now. I use my TV for PS3, TV (Dish), Bluerays (some 3D).
For Video Games: Truly stunning--I play a lot of FIFA 12 (soccer video game), it is fascinating to watch an airborne soccer-ball spin with complete lifelike detail. Zero Blur. Zero Ghosting. I use either the 'Vivid' or 'Game' picture presets for videogames. Colors are more rich, and the screen is a little brighter--good for Cartoons and Video games-- but a little to blue and bright for lifelike pictures.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I would suggest avoiding the purchase of this television. After owning it for approximately 2 years the audio began to drop out at a rate of every couple minutes for a duration of... Read morePublished 2 months ago by michael moore
My older Samsung 60inch LCD has a better picture than this. I have owned this TV for some time and when compared to other plasmas and LCD's it doesnt come close. Read morePublished 3 months ago by Eric Hofmeister
I Have had this smart tv for about 3 years now we did buy the extended service plan and a good thing we did... Read morePublished 5 months ago by M. Angulo
Love the picture quality but very frustrated it doesn't have more audio ports. I have an Xbox One, Apple TV, Bose surround sound, a cable box and gaming headset. Read morePublished 10 months ago by Eric
This set has an unfixable known issue with one of the circuit boards that Panasonic is unwilling to compensate for after the warranty has expired. Read morePublished 13 months ago by Michel Ballara
Like many others, the TV failed, in the form of cannot take any HDMI input. It's own internet tuner works, but horrible interface. Read morePublished 14 months ago by drift