Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Panasonic WES9020PC Electric Razor Replacement Inner Blade and Outer Foil Set for Men
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on August 18, 2012
The WES9020pc has the 3 parts needed to restore the ES8243 to like new condition. The new shaver foil comes mounted in a new head. The 2 old blades pull easily off and the new blades easily snap on as replacements. For a lot less than half the price of a new shaver you can have a new shaver.
on February 18, 2009
The blades and foil are great and make my panasonic electric razor like new again. The Nano arc iv is the best electric out there, braun pulsonic (which I own) doesn't come close to the shave you get from the panasonic. I have owned every brand and keep coming back to the panasonic, plus you can shave in the shower with your favorite foam. Don't waste your money on hyped products like the pulsonic or norelco. Even the lower end panasonic models in the $99 range are better than the $300 pulsonic. Don't say you weren't warned!
on December 31, 2010
I've been very pleased with my Panasonic shaver since day one. It gives me a close, smooth shave with little effort and minimal skin irritation, performing better in both regards than the Norelco models I've used for years previously. It's also far easier to clean and maintain.

I purchased this replacement foil and blades set not out of necessity -- the originals that came with the shaver weren't worn out yet -- but to save myself the hassle of having a day come where the foil DID eventually wear out and I'd be without a shaver until I could get a replacement. I'm happy to say that changing out the blades couldn't be simpler (just pop off the old ones and pop on the new), and the replacement foil comes as part of a complete new plastic head "shell" assembly, the same one you routinely remove and replace while cleaning the shaver, so it's no problem to replace, either.

I do notice some improvement in shaving performance since replacing the originals with this kit -- not that the shaves I was getting had degraded badly at all, but I can tell the difference that brand-new blades make. Since the originals are still perfectly usable, I've put them away in the packaging from the replacement kit for safekeeping, as an "emergency backup" just in case I do something to damage the new ones.
on November 9, 2010
There is not too much to say about this product. The Panasonic Arc IV series razors are the best in my experience. They give a closer shave than other electric razors, and they are easy to clean because they are fully immersible. However, it is important to replace the foil on about a yearly basis. With repeated use, the razor gradually gets louder and seems to cut just a little less effectively. The changes are easy to miss because they occur gradually. Installation of this blade and foil brings it back to the very quiet performance and close cutting of the new item. While most of the advantage is probably gained by replacing the foil only, I opted for this combo offer.
on December 27, 2009
Panasonic shavers have very thin foil for closer shave (I guess!). As a result foil is very fragile. But it works very well, and changing the foil and blades was no brainer!!
on November 20, 2010
Purchased a Panasonic Shaver about a year and a half ago and it is the first time I am replacing the blades.
My Panasonic shaver is shaving like new again! Best shaver I have ever had! and I suspect I can get another year out of these blades.
on August 19, 2011
Panasonic products are high quality, precision manufactured items. I've been using these shavers for years, and I'm impressed with their durability. Generally, I'm able to utilize a foil / cutting block combination set for six months prior to replacement. I usually begin noticing a degradation in shaving quality just a few weeks before Amazon sends my next automatic six month replacement. I've owned Braun shavers, as well as additional brands. While Panasonics are not as popular in the States, I would not choose another razor.
on February 5, 2016
Just received this replacement for my husbands razor, and I love it! His old blades had gotten so dull it was taking forever to shave, and he was way to prickly to snuggle up to. The first morning after he used this replacement we were both pleased. His shaving time was cut down, and his face was still nice and smooth in the evening. Plus, the price of replacing just the blades for this type of razor is very cost efficient. So nice that a replacement part doesn't cost the same as a new razor, which has been the case with some other brands. These replacements blades are a win-win-win! Less time, less money, longer lasting smoothness!
on April 1, 2014
So the last time I bought this set was June 2012. In between I purchased just the blades. Basically I got 9 months on the original set that came with the shaver. 11 months on the next blade/foil combo. 10 months on just the blades. The shaver has been adequate but certainly not like when it was new. I think these replacement sets are not quite as good as the ones that came with the original shaver.

Basically at nearly $50 a copy x 2,almost equals the cost of a new shaver every other year.

Seems like I either have tough hair, and sensitive skin, or these shavers just aren't made like they used to make them.

Anyway, the shaver is still available new, and basically the same price I paid in Jan 2012. That may be my next choice rather than blades or foil, or I'll switch to another shaver that doesn't have blades that add up to the cost of the shaver in 2.5 years.
on January 22, 2016
I just received these last week and what a difference! I have had my Panasonic (ES8243) for several years and have been getting highly satisfactory shaves during that time. I had noticed for some time, however, that I was having to go over areas several times in order to get a smooth shave. After receiving an Amazon gift card for Christmas, I decided to replace my ancient blades/foil with a new set. I had quite forgotten what a wonderful shave this razor gives! I have owned several different brands of shavers (Braun and Norelco) and have never gotten as close and smooth shave as I have with my Panasonic, especially since I have put in the new blades/foil. I know I hesitated buying the replacement blades/foil because of the cost. That, however, will no longer be the case. The difference is just too dramatic to ever go that long again with dull blades.