5.0 out of 5 stars Thrilled so far.
Published on May 18, 2012 by Philly Steve

2.0 out of 5 stars Great while it lasted
I've been on a quest to find a great camcorder. I have a large HDTV, and need/want my videos from the camera to look great on my TV.

This camera was easy to use, the picture quality was fantastic, but it died in the middle of my vacation (roughly 20 days after purchase). It was very disappointing especially since I chose to record to the camera's internal...
Published 17 months ago by P. Cameron

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Thrilled so far., May 18, 2012
This review is from: Panasonic X900MK 3MOS 3D Full HD SD Camcorder with 32GB Internal Memory (Black) HC-X900M (Electronics)
This camera is a member of the 1080p/60fps club. I expect that in a few years, that spec will be pretty standard as the high end moves to 4K video. Until then, the X900M provides the most detailed and smooth recording available in amateur camcorders. If you plan to shoot it in a lesser video mode, it's advantages over other models diminishes. I plan to do all of my shooting at 60p. It has 32GB on board memory plus a 64GB SD card I have installed. It is sized nicely for my large hands. If you plan on recording mostly in 2D with the occasional fun 3D shoot, this camera is a good choice as it shoots superior 2D and decent 3D. Where the Sony and JVC 3D models have 2 dedicated lenses and sensors (one for each "eye"), this model uses an optional ($269) add-on splitter lens which feeds left and right info onto a single sensor array where it is either recorded as split screen 3D or recombined for AVCHD 3D (better). But is is NOT 2 full HD frames like a true dedicated 3D model (i.e. HDR-TD10 or GS-TD1). The effect is still quite good -- just not class-leading. The problem with the dedicated 3D models is the typically poor 2D performance. So your purchase should depend on how much 3D you intend to take. I'll probably be 80% 2D and 20% 3D, so this was the right camera.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nifty little camera, July 30, 2012
This little jewel should be called the "uber-light, do-everything-camera for the frequent traveler". Panasonic replaced all the chrome and high-impact shiny plastic housing found on the glamorous TM-900K with thinner and lighter plastic and reduced the weight by almost 2/3's to bring the 900X in at a tad under a pound. Amazing. The various control switches are a little funky but the end results are the same.... superb 60p video. After five years of lugging around my old Sony HDV (a brick) my shoulder starting aching from the get-go, but now I barely notice this camera is in the bag. THE CONS: As with every other camera on the market today the LCD is unreadable in bright light. In my opinion the image-stabilization doesn't quite live up to it's hype .... but I'll let Vegas 11 handle that. If you're just shooting scenery with added background music the built-in mic doesn't play a big role.... BUT, if you're videoing people talking to the camera farther than 10' away the built-in mic sounds tinny and almost worthless. Bite the bullet and plan on a wireless mic ..... no question. When shooting in 1080/60p (that's all I use) this sucker gets VERY warm and draws down the battery at a mighty clip. Get some bigger batteries and a couple extra SD cards. And finally, the author and editor of the user manual need to take a crash course in "Technical Writing for the Masses 101".... the manual is very poorly written. With all the nits I've just picked you might think there's something better out there for the same money. Could be, but I'm loving this little feather-weight.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love this camcorder, May 6, 2012
Bought this camera a few months ago. It shoots amazing video quality and decent stills (while rolling video). Very pleased with overall quality. Easily transferred to Mac and FCP. You can easily transfer via camera or via SDHC card. It has an external mic and earphone jacks which are nice features. You can add a light with the adapter provided. (I purchased a $35 LED light) Price has increased since I bought mine or I would have purchased another one!

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommended, January 5, 2013
Ali (Seattle, WA) - See all my reviews
I have to say that this is one of the best camcorders I have ever used in my life. The video quality is stunning and the low-light performance is extraordinary. I have to say that the three sensors this camera comes equipped with give it a huge advantage over other camcorders in the market right now. I don't know why so many people gave low ratings for this product .. to me it is excellent. I'd highly recommend buying this product if you're looking for an affordable camcorders with some great features and video quality. The only problem is that to manually control the setting you have to use the touch screen which I don't find very touch responsive.

5.0 out of 5 stars Panasonic HC-X900MK Camcorder, June 4, 2012
Udo (Bogota, Colombia) - See all my reviews
It is somewhat difficult to write a review on a camcorder with so many possibilities and so many functions which you have to learn to handle, when you received the camera only 20 days ago.
This is not my first camcorder and perhaps from this point of view the learning was faster then I thought, but I am still finding new functions after reading more carefully the instructions.
I like very much the LEICA Dicomar lens and enjoy the Superb Quality. On the other hand using the camera as a still camera with 16.0 Mega Pixels and flash included makes me think twice whether I should take my still camera along or not. With this camcorder you have All in One. The 32GB built in memory I am using for filming and bought another 32GB for still pictures.
I find it handy to use an external mic, cutting off the internal mic, for commentaries you may wish to make to your filming, because of the wind noise, although the camera has a "wind noise canceler".
It is wonderful to be able to choose between the LCD touch screen monitor, which in bright light is completely useless and the viewfinder. All in all, I am very happy with my purchase and as I go along, will learn a lot more about this camcorder, such as the manual use of shutter and speeds etc..

4.0 out of 5 stars So Far So Good!, November 30, 2012
I've been testing out this camcorder for several days now and I am impressed. Video quality is excellent as well as the still photos. Night time shooting is amazing as well. The added 32GB internal memory is a big plus! The 3.5" LCD screen makes recording under sunny skies very easy. The view finder is also very handy, but when shooting video through the view finder, it can be a little laggy even though the video is shooting smoothly. I highly recommend this camcorder for anyone looking for excellent video quality without spending a lot of money!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Camera, September 15, 2012
Bashar Elsbei (Gainesville , Florida) - See all my reviews
An excellent camcorder. Next step up would be to spend $2K on a semi-professional camera which was not in the budget. If you are looking to get the same results of a professional videotaping this would be an ideal choice. I've not spent too much time with it yet, but from the first test runs I had with it so far it performs up to the challenge and the picture quality looks fantastic. I would recommend it to anyone serious about video.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Camera! 1080p60 is great!, March 22, 2013
M&M (Minnesota) - See all my reviews
I upgraded from the Canon Vixia HF S200, and I am extremely happy! I have mostly used it for snowboarding videos so far, but will update the review when I use it for other purposes this summer. The main reason I got rid of the HF S200 is because I couldn't find a setting on the camera that worked good in the lighting conditions for snowboarding and I couldn't find a setting that could keep up with the fast motion.

The Panasonic HC-X900M immediately worked great for snowboarding. I just hit the 1080p60 button and let the auto iA mode run and I was filming great lighting and crisp videos. This is one of the very very few cameras that can record in 60p framerate. When I drop those videos in to Sony Vegas Pro, I can get amazingly sharp slow motion. The 60p can make it difficult for some computers to watch the raw files, but with a little practice and editing it is amazing. The x900 also has a wider angle lens compared with the vixia hf s200, although it could benefit from just a tiny bit wider angle, but this is just being picky.

I briefly was using the previous year Panasonic TM700, but had some issues with the camera having error messages and some fan noise. I have not experienced any of that yet with the x900. I also very much like that there is a viewfinder on this camcorder. The colors seem really good to me, and I think this camera is just amazing with indoor recording. Where my old camera was grainy, the x900 is crisp and peoples faces and color look perfect.

I do wish it came with a wall charger so that I don't have to charge the battery in the camera. Also the fact that you have to open the lcd screen to access the power button and batter is odd.

Amazing camcorder! I would recommend it for those with knowledge in video editing and those wanting some professional looking quality and slow motion.

5.0 out of 5 stars Panasonic for sure, July 9, 2012
ok i do video for special events and i got me a couple of this camcorders thay are really good and offer a professional result no need to buy those big camcorders anymore that the final customer wont notice the diference get 2 or 3 of this and work different angles and the must important thing be CREATIVE !!! Manual controls are really good too low light performance is a plus the manual ring the mic iput and headphone jack are also present on this unit,the amazing video quality is hard to beat,trust me i have several Panasonic products...several and i havent have a single problem yet with any of the products...Panasonic has my number one choice for eletronics...(sorry if any errors typing on a rush :) )

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome video camera, March 20, 2013
Charles M. Stewart "Mike Stewart" (Foothills of the Smoky Mountains) - See all my reviews
This video camera out performs them all. The 3 sensors record vivid, jump-off-the-screen videos even in low light settings. I use this mostly in small venues/clubs to record performers and bands. The quality is spectacular. Buy this camera. It is well worth the price.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›