Panasonic vs Zojirushi rice cookers? Anyone have experience with both Panasonic and Zojirushi rice cookers? Both seem to get mostly 4 star or above reviews, and features seem similar at each price point. Can anyone comment on which one is the better?

Thanks!
asked by T. Bryant on November 6, 2010
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 answers
A
I've lived in Japan for around 15 years, and have experience with both. They're equal quality. The rice cooker market is so competitive here that the major brands (Panasonic, Zojirushi, Sanyo, Hitachi, Mitsubishi, etc.) all end out producing equal quality products, because if they didn't, the inferior product would quickly disappear due to lack of sales. Non-major brands may have some quality disparity (i.e. if you make a lower quality rice cooker, but cheaper, then people may buy it anyway because of the low price point), but the majors all cost about the same, have the same features, and have the same quality.
bugbread answered on December 12, 2010
Comment | 7 of 7 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Thank you. That puts my mind more at ease.
T. Bryant answered on December 12, 2010
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Check to see where it was made- makes a big difference.
Even with the same brand, one can be made in China (Macy's, Target)
and Japan at another dept.store.(Don Quiote, SHirokiya)
miao meow answered on April 30, 2011

A
Good point. Can anyone confirm where the Panasonic rice cookers are manufactured?
T. Bryant answered on May 1, 2011

A
The one I bought yesterday is made in Thailand.
Still debating about keeping it.
miao meow answered on May 1, 2011
Comment | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
A rice cooker is a rice cooker...having a panasonic vs zojoroshi is the same...I guess its like a iMac as opposed to an HP...both are good..but one looks cooler...I guess..lol...if u eat rice everyday then invest in one of these..if not goto target and get one of those $20 deals..
deng.. answered on November 30, 2010
Comment | 0 of 12 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›