Customer Video Review     Length:: 6:48 Mins
Published 13 months ago by Desert Gypsy

3.0 out of 5 stars Read all the information and realize what you are getting...
Published 18 months ago by jdb

5.0 out of 5 stars Panda does it again! Even better than my first love, the Panda mini....edited to add RINSE TIP!, June 12, 2013
This review is from: Panda Small Compact Portable Washing Machine(6-7lbs Capacity) with Spin Dryer
Length:: 6:48 Mins

Although my old mini Panda (blue machine) is still going strong, my niece just had a baby this past year and I am sending the Panda mini off to her to help make surviving toddlerhood a little easier for her and her little man. I have upgraded to this new Panda small compact portable washing machine that includes the spin dryer too - all in one small unit! Since I am still living in an apartment with no washer and dryer or hook ups, this machine is even easier and better than the Panda mini/blue washer in every way for my laundry needs. With a stated 6-7 pound capacity, it has the ability to do larger loads, and with the electrically assisted pump I find that rinsing and draining are much easier! What more could I have wanted but an attached spin dryer which is now on board too; it does a fantastic job of wringing the clothes almost bone dry. Having loved the Panda mini washer for nearly two years, I am even more impressed and happy with my new Panda Small Compact Portable washing machine! Here are a few more notes and hints I have come up with for getting the best results with the Panda small compact washer:

Use a mesh bag with any articles of clothing that have long sleeves, or long legs, especially items that get very heavy when wet like jeans or sweaters. The agitator in the washer side is very powerful and therefore free floating long articles of clothing can get tangled or twisted together during the wash cycle. I have found that the clothing still gets perfectly clean when mesh bags are used, but with no tangling or damage to the fabrics.

When using the washer for the first time try adding the load of laundry with NO SOAP, just water and set the timer for 3-5 minutes. Frequently there is a great amount of soap residue and buildup trapped in the clothing fibers and you will see this as foam or even suds appearing when the clothing is just agitated with clean water. As you wash those same clothes in the Panda a second or third time you will need anywhere from teaspoon to about a tablespoon of high efficiency liquid soap per load depending on the type of fabric, type of detergent, size of load, and how soiled it is.

When not in use, leave both doors to the washer and spin dryer open. This will help any water droplets left behind to evaporate, avoiding any issues with moisture, mold or mildew.

I am attaching a detailed video comparing the two machines so if it has not appeared yet, please check back in a day or two. If you have a question that has not been covered here please use the comments section to ask; I will do my best to answer.

06/27/13 Edited to add: Regarding rinsing: The instructions do NOT state the following tip, but after using the machine for over two months I have tried this rinsing trick with great success. Because my method is NOT part of the original use instructions, I can only recommend you try this next tip "at your own risk". By following these steps, you can quickly and efficiently rinse the just cleaned load to be completely soap free AND you can save the soapy water for re-use with next load (assuming the water is not extremely dirty from the previous load).
Step 1: do NOT drain soapy side. Just transfer the wet soapy clothes to the spinner basket.
Step 2: with *both* spinner doors OPEN, add 5 minutes time on the spin timer. This will cause the spin side to continuously drain any water you will be adding while you rinse. For this step, to add water you can use a diverter/sprayer, the original hose, or small bucket with a pouring spout.
Step 3: When feel you have finished adding enough water to rinse the clothes, use the plastic screen gadget that is included with the spinner to press the clothes down, compacting as them as firmly as possible.
Step 4: Close the lid and allow the machine to spin the clothes as dry as possible.

Compacting the clothes shortens the spin time by effectively wringing at least part of the excess water out and also prevents a waterlogged, unbalanced load from making the whole machine "shimmy". This is also why it is a GOOD thing that the spin side is SO small - for optimal performance in spinning the clothes.

Step 5: If you still see any soap residue in the water being drained, re-set the timer for another 2-3 minutes and use either the hose provided or even a small measuring cup to slowly pour a small amount of additional water into the spin side inlet hole; the added water will be very rapidly dispersed into the garments and provide an even cleaner rinse. Repeat any of the steps as necessary but just make sure there is at least 1-2 full minutes of uninterrupted spin time left where no additional water is added in order to have the most water wrung from the clothes and have the shortest possible drying time. Good luck! - DG

08/18/13 Edited to add - Immediately after posting the original review I had submitted a revision with a disclaimer stating the source of the item(s) under review. I was not aware until today that the revision was not accepted or posted by Amazon, possibly due to the fact that the video portion of the review depicts TWO products with two different sources. To be 100% clear and transparent, I have created and posted over 800 reviews, and as of this edit, all except three items were purchased by me with my own funds; the reviews are either marked by Amazon as such, with a badge stating "Amazon Verified Purchase" or I often state where I purchased the item in the written review, ex. big box store, Walmart, etc. Since I am entirely new to having a product submitted to me for review, this video is unique as it features a product of both circumstances. The video demonstrates my experience two units; the one referred to as the "blue machine" I paid for with my own funds through Amazon.com in Nov. 2011. I received the "white machine" (the greater subject of this review) directly from Sepgo, Inc. at no cost to me for the purpose of testing and review in May 2013. Regardless of source , the opinions expressed are 100% my own with NO influence from any other person or company. Thank you to a youtube user whose question alerted me to the fact that my disclaimer stating such had not been added as requested; my integrity as a reviewer is very important to me and I am glad to have the opportunity to clarify the matter. Sincerely, -DG

4.0 out of 5 stars Spin dryer seems even smaller than advertised. Lol., January 27, 2013
I only give a 4 star rating because the spin dryer is incredibly small, but the washer appears larger than advertised. However this leads to spending quite a long time spin drying your wash-load piece by piece. Thus, I'm considering purchasing the Laundry Alternative spin-dryer which seems like it can hold a larger load to spin dry.

I've only used both aspects of the unit once, but the washer seems incredibly powerful and washes clothing really well. I like that it lacks a center pin to tear your clothing or get trapped/ wrapped around. This unit seems much better than their previous model with clear, blue, plastic siding. The previous model looks incredibly flimsy, this newer unit looks and feels very sturdy. I worry about the hosing on the new model, which might need to eventually be replaced. The hosing seems so soft and flimsy.

Warning: The unit gives off a powerful, acrid, plastic, chemical smell. It is incredibly pungent. Hopefully whatever it is will off-gas soon. My apartment smells pretty bad.

UPDATED REVIEW:
March 10, 2013
I have used the machine consistently for the past few months. No complaints, besides the speed of the spin dryer seems to have decreased. I'll probably have to purchase The Laundry Alternative spin dryer which is 2-3x as fast and will leave my clothes pretty dry. I don't use a tumble dryer, just a bamboo folding clothes rack. My clothes dry really well overnight.

Things I have been able to wash:
Separately: Mattress cover (Queen Sized Mattress), Fitted Sheet (Queen Sized Mattress), Non-fitted Sheet (Queen Sized Mattress).
I have also washed 2-3 sweaters at a time (considered a full load). This depends on their thickness and how much water they absorb. As for jeans/ pants, I've been able to wash 2-3 in a load. It all depends on how thick the fabric is and how much water it'll absorb.

4.0 out of 5 stars Average Joe Review, April 27, 2013
I was going to wait a couple of weeks to write this review... but I feel compelled.

Let me start out with I'm just an average Joe, on my wife's amazon account that we bought the wash machine on.

We've only had the Panda for 2 days, but we have used it about a month's worth thus far... so I feel I am experienced enough to write this.

This machine is GREAT! If you're like me, you hop to the reviews and usually get the same responses reworded over and over again and you get a general feeling for the product. My reviews tend to be more or less rebuttals or further insight to what others have said.

First off, let me start by saying this is my first time living in an apartment (3 years now) and ever having to deal with a laundromat... I HATE that. The Panda fixes it! I no longer have to time machines or strategically plan when I wash my clothes. The freedom of this alone is well worth the cost.

As for performance... you can read other reviews to get the ins and outs... I'll just say it does what a reasonable person thinks it will do. It cleans clothes and relativity dries them. This is not a high end washer and drier combo. It won't remove that red wine you spilled on your lap while eating caviar... but it'll get your clothes clean. I'm not sure why so many people expected the dryer to get the clothes 100% dry all while not having a heating element... it's common sense people. It dries them to barely damp, and a quick hang dry does the rest. If you are looking for more than any of this I have a simple solution... get a better job, get paid more, buy a house and get a great washer and drier... but for us average Joe's... this thing works great.

I've also read that the dang thing leaks. Yup... There was a little water on the ground after my numerous loads tonight. Not sure if it was user error or machine defect. I put the unit in the bathroom and wiped up the water with a towel after... it wasn't that much water. Now I know what you're thinking "but I don't want water on my bathroom floor." Do me a favor and remember your last time in the laundromat... (still remembering?) yeah... that's what i thought... who gives a crap about a little water on the ground? At least I'm not at the laundromat.

Overall... this thing works great for what it is. Do not expect a high end perfect washer and drier b/c honestly... if that's what you are expecting then maybe you need a dose of reality. But for us average Joe's just trying to get by in this world... this little machine makes life a whole hell of a lot easier.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Machine, April 25, 2013
Ok. I'm one of those picky people, I want a lot and I want it cheap. I bought my machine through a place in Canada because I couldn't get it shipped from the US to where I live. I live in Kodiak ALaska. Anyway I read the reviews and someone recommended Canada, it worked for me. If you are in the Lower 48 States order it from Amazon. The machine is compact, it takes up about as much space as a clothes hamper. You have to wash smaller loads, but the run time ranges 3 to 15 minutes, Pretreating stains and soiled clothes with a spray is recommended. I can wash about three of my shirts at a time 2XL, for my wife and younger kids about 6 at a time, it takes 3-4 minutes a load, I usually add the fabric softener at the same time as the soap. You only need a bit over a table spoon of detergent, much more and you'll find yourself rinsing two to three times, but the extractor helps.

My routine, add water, soap, and softner, wash 3-5 min, put in extractor, run and then run water into extractor pulling clothes out and puting them back in and run again. so twice through the extractor. If the kids clothes are dirty or mine, I run the wash longer, If I'm feeling energetic, I might do it twice. We hunt and fish and do outdoors stuff so we get dirty.

Don't buy this machine expecting to throw the clothes in and just wash them because it requires more than that. A little bit of elbow grease is needed to do the laundry, it doesnt fill up automatically and it doesn't drain automatically. You have to control the faucet to fill it, it does have a drain pump but you have to turn the knob on and then off when it's done.

It is a great machine and not to expensive it is fairly quite but it does make noise but it's not loud, my neighbors have yet to complain and sometimes I wash things in the middle of the night.

I recommend this to anyone living in an apartment or looking to save money on laundrymats. I can easily wash a queen sheet in it but I don't recommend it, I recommend taking sheets, blankets and heavy items to the laundry ie; towels are heavy. If you wash a towel, do two at a time and extract them one at a time, save yourself a little headache.

It works great for everything else, I were dicky Work pants they are heavy, I wash them a pair at a time, and extract them a pair at a time, time consuming, a little but worth it.

Like I said don't expect to throw your clothes in and go play tennis. It is a good machine it works well and it will save you money.

After using the (Extractor) dryer, We hang the clothes up and let them air dry, we hang them inside on a rack (we live in Alaska they freeze during the winter outside).

Like I said, the machine works great I recommend it. Our family size is (6) 2 adults, 2 teens and 2 elementary age. So if it can wash all of our stuff, it can wash yours.

We've had our machine for almost six months now and use it all the time. the younger kids even have fun doing laundry so teach them, you might even be able to get them to wash some of your stuff.

It costs me a $1.50 to wash and a $1.50 to dry a load in the complex, the cheapest washer in town is $3.00 to wash. So the machine has paid for itself and saved $$ for us already.

And as an added bonus the expression on your mailmans face will be priceless. Mine said it was the first time he ever delivered a washing machine, Tell me, you think he wasn't telling that story to his coworkers and anyone else who would listen.

Oh yeah, the machine is light also, weighs about 15 pounds maybe. My six year old easily moves it around when he wants to wash stuff or just move it out of his way.

Hope this helps in your decision. And yeah every now and then a flawed machine does get in the mix, but that happens with everything, I remember A Maytag that was a lemon.

3.0 out of 5 stars Read all the information and realize what you are getting..., January 19, 2013
We received this item yesterday and washed a few loads of underwear and shirts. The tub is fairly small and the spinner is even smaller. It does a pretty good job on these items, but we did have to load the spin side several times to take care of what was in the washer. Going through this process over and over, then rinsing all of it was time consuming. Today I started washing my blue jeans. I wear 38x34 which aren't exactly the size of a two-person backpacking tent. The tub will hold two pair but the agitator didn't work, so I had to wash one pair at a time. Washing, rinsing, and rinsing again along with pumping water out and refilling between all the steps took nearly half an hour per pair. It works but is very time consuming when washing a heavy item. Now that we have all the laundry caught up it will be better if we wash a small load each day. If it piles up it will kill the better part of a day. It works, but don't expect a regular washing machine. This will keep you busy with a lot of small loads.

5.0 out of 5 stars I don't know how I lived without it!!, January 16, 2014
Satske (Chicago, IL) - See all my reviews
Seriously this has been the best purchase for us!! There are two adults, one toddler, two cats, and one dog living in our three bedroom apartment sans washer/dryer or laundromat in the vicinity. We were looking around for a small washer and found this on amazon with rave reviews. So we ordered it 1/10 and arrived 1/15. It smelled a little plastic like so I spun it with fresh clean water then started doing laundry. IT WORKS GREAT!!! We did notice the water intake hose was a little flimsy but nothing a little ingenuity couldn't figure out. We attached a rubber band and a black hair tie (girls you know the one) to the faucet to keep it tight and hold it up.-----SEE END OF MY POST REGARDING THE HOSE----- I've been doing laundry since 3pm 1/15. It's now 4pm 1/16. And it's still going strong!!

PROS:
Small and convenient
Very light
Spinner gets clothes relatively dry
Timer
GETS CLOTHES CLEAN
Very powerful agitator
Only need to use about 1 tbls to 2tbls of detergent. SAVE ON DETERGENT!!!
Spinner will automatically shut off if someone opens the door, (SAFE FOR LITTLE FINGERS)
The amount that fits in the spin dryer is what you're supposed to put in the washer. If the washer is too full anyway it won't agitate.

CONS:
Not really a con but it is small, but not too small. Just can't do big blankets but HEY it's a washer right??
Water pump isn't too powerful, you will have to elevate it to make sure to get all the water out of the hose
Hoses are flimsy but nothing a little ingenuity can't overcome-----SEE THE BOTTOM OF MY POST!!!
Yes, the longer clothing/linen items may come out a little tangled but just watch it if it becomes too tangled.
The lint dryer doesn't really work--SOLVE THIS PROBLEM BY PURCHASING A LINT BRUSH

I understand that this product came out only a year ago so I'm sure they're still working out the bugs over there at the Panda factory (always wanted to say that) and will come out with an even better and more amazing one. The lint trap for instance, doesn't really work. I found that washing clothes by themselves that are lint magnets will help with the lint. Washing clothes that produce lint on their own helps even more.

This washer is great, I can't give it enough stars. We did purchase the warranty for it just in case but It's done well over 100 loads now and we haven't had any problems. I don't know how I've ever lived without it. This IS NOT a fully automatic washer. YOU WILL NEED TO DO WORK. However, if you've been handwashing your clothes(like me), don't have access to a laundromat, don't have a ton of money to spend, don't have a laundry hook-up, and want your clothes clean, GET THIS WASHER. We went though all the other brands searching through reviews and videos, this one by far is the best for the money.

We have it now semi permanently in the bathroom. I put the waste water hose in the toilet with the seat on it and the intake hose is connected to the faucet. This is truly an amazing machine. Don't waste time thinking about it, just purchase one and see for yourself!!!

UPDATE!!!! 2/11/14
It's not a month later and this washer is STILL GOING STRONG!!! I use it EVERY SINGLE DAY for about 5+ loads. That means this baby has to work sometimes up to 6 hours a day!!! Depending on how many times I wash. We use cold water, sometimes a little stain remover if need be. BUT IT GETS THE CLOTHES CLEAN EVERY TIME!!!! I cannot reiterate how much I love this washer. Hoses are still flimsy however I just purchased a shower diverter and a long shower hose to run across the bathroom to the tub. I know this will work fine. I will update again in a few months, we'll see how it's doing then.....

UPDATE 5/15/2014
I purchased and just set up this washer for my mother in law who has arthritis. She said it's brilliant! Mine is still working, no qualms with it, works just as well as the day that I got it. A few more tips: Keep the doors open to allow the machine to dry out when you're not using it. This prevents mold from developing. ALSO....

!!!!I HAVE SOLVED THE MYSTERY METAL RING THAT WAS INCLUDED IN THE ZIPPER BAG!!!
It's a clamp, silly me. You put it around the plastic tubing and clamp it to your sink. No need for hair ties, tape, etc. Works brilliantly, wish I figured this out sooner!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Impeller agitator causes severe damage!, July 11, 2013
alanbs "AL" (Los Angeles, Ca United States) - See all my reviews
Impeller agitator causes severe damage!
This review is for "Panda Small Compact Portable Washing Machine(6-7lbs Capacity) with Spin Dryer" model-XPB36 as sold on Amazon by seller "Sep United Inc.".

I really wanted this to be my laundry solution, but I'm terribly disappointed in the Panda Small Compact Portable Washing Machine.

I have followed the instructions for loading and usage, including using washing bags for delicates on everything to prevent the severe tangling/knotting that occurs. Any attempt to wash more than one shirt sized item at a time causes them to be damaged by the impeller type agitator.

*** Note-1*** WARNING The Panda uses an in-tub-impeller method for agitation.
No matter what you do your clothes will be pulled down onto the impeller and rubbed/shredded to some extent. If you load it to the point that free flow of the tumbling item(s) is restricted or not possible, then your clothes will be severly damaged by the rubbing of the impeller.... your clothes are likely to get knotted up because of this type of agitation. Knotted clothes do not get cleaned and do get rubbed/shredded by the impeller.

*** Note-2 *** The lint handling capability of the Panda is a complete joke. Lint removal is incidental to splashing through the little comb thingy. And because of the severe rubbing of the impeller you will find huge ammounts of lint is created and going down the drain and being left on your clothes. (Very noticible when you are doing mixed colors.)

*** Note-3 *** Do ONE ITEM AT A TIME and even then it must not twist/ball/knot during, so you can't set it up to wash and walk away, you have to monitor it closely and untangle with vigilence.

*** Note-4 *** Button, zip-up, do-up all catches of any kind.

*** Note-5 *** Turn everything inside out.

Because it was posted that someone had washed their Queen size bed sheets, I did my first load with my Full size top sheet (Queens are a little bigger). The tub and bed sheet was covered with lint, as the impeller was shredding at the cloth. I spent the next 90minutes removing and flushing the lint from the system and worrying that I had ruined it in my first use. Oh, and you would expect that with all that lint the internal lint catcher would have been full, but it is a joke of a thing that doesn't filter out more than a small amount of lint that may get splashed through it incidentally. (However, to its credit this did not kill the machine.)

Because it was posted that someone had washed their jeans, I did that and the knot ball of my 30Wx30L was badly rubbed by the impeller to the point that there was white patches of base thread with the blue surface threads worn off.

Okay, so I figured that I would just do a load of small items. Brand new cotton tube socks (6 pair. I never wear anything I haven't washed first.). They all ended up in a knot-ball and were shredded by the impeller. Once again the tub and cloth was covered in shredded material and socks looked like they were wooly sheep skin. (Would it be too cheeky for me to make a 'money down the drain' joke about now?)

So I tried using the Panda just like when I hand wash. I fill the tub with water and a little detergent. I take ONE item and wash it; a shirt, or pair of light pants/shorts (Not going to try the jeans again.), or only a couple pair of undies or socks. Then I hand wring the soapy water back into the tub, and spin the item and then rinse using my sink a couple of times (using a drop of fabric softener in the final rinse depending on the item), then spin for 3min for drying, then on to the next item. Yeah, one at a time just like when I hand wash.

BUT, THIS ISN'T WHAT WAS ADVERTISED AND NOT WHAT I PAID FOR! So I've clicked on RETURNS and messaged my intent to return/refund this purchase.

I requested the return and they refuse to pay for the shipping orginal or return, cost of the unit only. Because i'm west coast and the dealer is east coast i'm only getting 50% of the unit cost back.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent solution for anyone stuck in a "no hook up" type of apartment for a standard washer/dryer. And its actually portable., June 25, 2013
This little washer is quite impressive for the cost. Now let's be honest for a moment , if your the type of person that drops in a metric ton of clothes to wash each cycle ... you are going to have to change your ways. This little guy won't be able to process large amounts of laundry at one cycle. Its made for small loads but it does them very well , in fact compared to much more expensive solutions it does them better than I ever thought a 15 minute wash cycle could actually clean.

The only things required for this compact washer are : 1. A sink with a standard nozzle to attach the water feed hose to 2. A standard 120V outlet (it uses only a small amount of power compared to a full size washer) 3. A bit of patience.

I recommend you go head over to Youtube and watch the first video that pops up under search. The lady in that video does an excellent job on explaining on how to process a small load of laundry.

For the freedom that little washer provides it more than pays for itself. In fact if you pair it with a nice portable dryer , you get the total solution. Yes , it does require a bit more manual labor , you have to make sure you drain it completely after each cycle. I recommend lifting it up next to the sink you are using and snaking the drain hose at the bottom of the sink. This will aid the electric drain motor in quickly flushing out all the left over water and makes for a simple clean up.

To be honest I didn't think this little guy would work out that great but it truly is a simple solution that with a little extra work completely eliminates the need to hit up your local laundromat (this is a big plus if its an apartment laundromat) minus the large loads of sheets and such.

The only downside is that the spin cycle is a bit loud and if it becomes unbalanced it will cause the machine to start dancing. I've found that simply turning off the spin cycle and adjusting the clothing helps a lot but also consider moving the machine to a carpeted floor where it will have more padding and that should also help with the noise. Thankfully the machine spins so fast it doesn't need more than 5 minutes to whip out the access water from your clothes so the extra noise is only for a short period of time.

Panda also bent over backwards to help me when I entered the incorrect shipping address and was able to intercept it in time to make sure it went to the new address. Very impressed with that level of service. Also Amazon helped with that process as well but I expect that level of service , this is why I buy products on Amazon to begin with.

If you need a portable solution for washing your clothes , then this is it at this price range.

5.0 out of 5 stars A washing machine at home for less than the cost of an iPhone on Contract. Think about it., March 24, 2014
LeahPia77 (Brooklyn, NY USA) - See all my reviews
About two days after I received this washer and pretty much washed everything in my apartment, I sent a picture of it to the person I'm dating with the caption: "I have a new love now. Sorry." It's now two months later, and the love affair is still going strong.

I've read many reviews "complaining" about minute things like the lint catcher being pointless, how long it takes to wash etc., but I've rated this five stars because of what it does for what it is. It's not the giant Maytag at the laundromat, and if you want that, then this most certainly isn't the washer for you. However, if what you want is to do laundry in the comfort of your own tiny apartment (I live on the third floor of a Brownstone in Brooklyn) without spending oodles of money on dropping off laundry at the laundromat, or dealing with crowds in a narrow space where you have to compete for washers, dryers and folding space, then you will LOVE this thing. It has changed my life.

REASONS I LOVE THE PANDA COMPACT PORTABLE:
*This washer is powerful! I have bought the mesh washing bags as others have recommended, and it is the best idea (for those of you having issues with lint -- separating and using the mesh bags solves for that). You'd think that as small as it is it wouldn't do much, but it has a very strong agitator and gets the job done in a short amount of time. I recently spilled red wine all over a white tank, pre-treated with detergent, baking soda and peroxide for about 30 minutes and threw in the washing machine and the stain was all gone.
*It saves me from going to the laundromat. I used to do drop-off service at $12-$15 a pop (this washer will have paid for itself in 4 months or less). It was "convenient," but after having things lost, or other people's random items being included in my laundry, I was dreaming of a better way that I didn't see happening, and I'm so grateful for this as an alternative. For many reasons I would wash my own underwear, and still I would avoid the laundromat like the plague. I have a lifetime supply of panties because I'd rather buy more underwear than go to the laundromat, even just to throw my underwear in the washer and come back and pick them up when they're done. (I let them air dry.) No more lugging massive bags up and down 4 flights of stairs every week and walking around the corner with a massive bag on my back like some weird urban Santa Claus!
*I can use my own eco-friendly, non-irritating detergents and fabric softeners. I essentially had to use whatever they did in the laundromat even though I would never use those products on my own. I make my own fabric softener (water, vinegar, baking soda and essential oils) and I feel so much better about everything.
*I can take my time. It absolutely takes time to do laundry with this machine, but as another reviewer posted, whatever amount of time it takes is infinitely better than the nonsense you go through in the laundromat. I hate doing laundry in the laundromat, but the convenience of this machine changes the whole experience for me. I can be naked and do my laundry all day; I don't care about the time.
*I can wash pretty much everything in it. Like someone said, you need to do smaller loads, which I'm fine with. I wash all my sheets and duvet covers with ease. The only things I can't wash are my comforters (which I only wash twice annually since I use duvet covers) and large winter coats (again, not frequently washed). Such items will go to the drop-off as needed (i.e. maybe twice annually).

Those are the main things I can think of off the top of my head, but they're big ones. The lint catcher does suck, but who friggin' cares?! ***PEOPLE. THIS THING COSTS LESS THAN $200! YOU CAN HAVE A WASHER AT HOME FOR LESS THAN THE COST OF AN IPHONE UNDER CONTRACT!*** Think about that for a second. Do you know how much you'd have to spend to "set it and forget it?" I've spent WAY more on less efficient or convenient things, and I'm sure you have, too. This is all about perspective.

My biggest "complaint" is that it *IS* pretty loud, but I've thought of/read about some workarounds for that; all of which still make this washer worth it. The pros FAR outweigh the cons of this washer (which are few and minuscule), and I am so happy to have it. I've been telling everyone about it! If you're a New Yorker who lives in a walk-up and hates the laundromat -- this one's for you!

UPDATED TO INCLUDE INFO ABOUT SOME OF THE CHALLENGES:
Spin Dryer: I just read a couple reviews of people saying the spin dryer was a "joke" because it does not contain heat and doesn't get your clothes dry. I died laughing as I have NO IDEA why anyone would think it DID that. It doesn't say that it does. These people clearly didn't read the reviews or watch the video as suggested under the product details because if they did, they would know that it is basically a more advanced version of the spin cycle in a commercial washer in that it gets most of the water out of your clothes so that you can spend less time drying it in a machine, or air drying it. It's not supposed to get them bone dry. Further, this thing costs less than $200. Did you really think it would have a heated dryer? That's a lot to ask of a washing machine/spinner combo that costs less than $200.
Lint: If you have problems with lint, use the mesh bags and sort your laundry. This helps tremendously. I had lint galore the first couple times I used the washer, but once I got the mesh bags, it has significantly reduced. I still see some lint, but it's not anything a few shakes or a quick pass with a lint roller won't cure.
"Shredded clothes": The agitator is quite strong, so again, use the mesh bags.
Noise: If you live in an apartment building, the washer can be loud on the floor. One way to solve for this would be to use a thick exercise/yoga mat or two. I wash in the bathroom, so I use a thick bath rug most times.
"Crunchy clothes": I use my homemade fabric softener (water, vinegar, baking soda and essential oils) as well as Borax in the wash. Makes all the difference, even for the towels, and also has helped with the lint (which I see in the washer and not on my clothes anymore). They still have some crunch, but very little. I'm planning on purchasing the dryer companion shortly!

5.0 out of 5 stars Panda Power equals Clean Laundry and Wool Fleece, February 22, 2013
Just got delivered today. I am a spinner and I had some fleece pre-soaked and ready to wash. Which is one of the reasons I got the Panda as it is not an automatic washer. I soaked the fleece in the wash water, spun out the soapy water in the spin side for 1 minute and repeated 2X more. Then rinsed and spin, repeated until the water was clear and then spun for the full 5 min after the final rinse. It was very dirty fleece. Stuff I almost threw away. The spin dryer spun so much of the filth out of the fiber I will be able to spin this wool and use it. Maybe not for fine clothing, but it IS spinnable and usable. Next I did a full load of laundry. It was very dirty light clothing. A few lightweight skirts and some tees and undies. I washed for the full 15 min and then rinsed twice in the wash side and then switched to the spin side wetting fabric a bit between each 1 min cycle then when the water came out clear I spun for 4 minutes as that was enough and no more water was coming out of the drain tube. Yes, this machine requires a bit of user input and work to operate, but then you have full control over the wash and rinse cycles. My clothes did not come as clean as I like at the laundromat and due to a nasty dryer some of my clothes got nasty oily streaks on them. Along with the soap I used which is Charlie's Soap as it is made to get out such stuff it came out. The wash action is superb. Even with a full load it got great agitation. Most washer at full capacity don't agitate well. Even the front loaders. To get dirty laundry clean you must only fill them half full to get enough agitation. Which costs a lot at the Laundromat. The savings amount to 10 dollars a week and that adds up to 520 dollars a year. I did not count the gas it takes to get there or the coffee/sodas and lunch as that is offset by the cost of the electric and water to operate the machine. And I do laundry when we go for groceries anyway. It will still pay for itself in less than 6 months. And it uses less detergent. So, there is a savings there. I put the laundry liquid in an old dish soap bottle to accurately measure it and then with the really dirty stuff it is easy to squirt in a bit more until you get suds again. It only took a small bit dribbled in. They only let you give a product 5 stars. If I could I would give it 10 stars. Watch the video on YouTube to see it in action. There is no way I can get my clothes as clean washing by hand and I know just from the sweet smell, clean and bright colors and the feel as I was hanging them to dry they are CLEAN and not still half dirty as per the Laundromat in town. They used to get cleaner but to save dollars and make more dollars the Laundromats cut the soak cycle and a rinse cycle. I am very pleased with my short try out today. I can't say enough to praise this affordable and highly efficient washing machine. Some are automatic and take less work, but cost a lot more. More automation means less control and more electricity to operate and more money to buy. This is a very Green product. I will gladly do the extra work necessary that this machine requires. This baby ROCKS!

Rate and Discover Movies