Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on December 27, 2012
I am the type of person who likes to read reviews on items before I buy them, I noticed there were no reviews for this dryer so if there are any others out there like me, here you go!
I love this dryer, I was a little bummed it wasnt on prime, but the shipping price isn't so bad. I searched for quite a few dryers similar to this and they are at least 150 dollars more than this one, the Avaya dryer is very similar to this dryer and many of the reviews stated there was a loud screeching noise when they used their dryer, I have not had this problem with the Panda dryer when it is loaded properly, if you overload it, you will get a high pitched noise.
I have the Panda portable washer that holds about 5.5 pounds of clothes so i can do about two loads in the washer and put both in the dryer and it works fine. It does take awhile to dry, but it's better than the 2 days of air drying and now my clothes aren't all scratchy and rough from air drying.
No laundry hook ups? hate the laundry mat? I dont think you can go wrong with this dryer.
The only downside to this review is i havent received my electric bill yet to determine how much this will cost me, but other reviews for the Avaya dryer said it didnt raise it too much, so we will see.
Hope this review helps!
1010 comments| 185 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 19, 2013
This dyrer is really good for an apartment. I'm by myself and it does a great job. My electric didn't sky rocket either!
A couple of dollars it went up. WELL worth it.
on April 7, 2013
At $199. plus $50. shipping (delivered to my door) with excellent packing, a very good buy in my opinion. I would definitely recommend to a friend.

I live in a tiny NYC apartment - no room for a small or even stacking W&D. I already have the Panda portable washer and am happy with it. Only complaint is it's plastic - sturdy, but still, plastic. Washing and only air drying leaves clothes stiff and towels kind of scratchy. Plus the inconvenience of having a drying rack in my bathtub almost all the time!!!

BUT THIS LITTLE PANDA DRYER IS FABULOUS!!

It is all metal, with a stainless steel drum. Several choices of cycles. AND incredibly quiet. I often just set and go to bed. No problems, no loud vibration and no neighbor complaints. It comes with wall mounting hardware - handy, but I didn't have room to do that.
With this dryer, clothes (and towels ;) !!!) come out dry, soft (warm) & fluffy with no static, even without dryer sheets. Just like the full size Maytag I used to have (in larger quarters). This dryer, although small, easily dries a couple pair of my jeans and 2 or 3 regular size bath towels or, all my socks, underwear & pj's. Doesn't dry as fast as the big guys but is much faster than the small combination W/D's - like Haier etc. that many apartment dwellers have bought in the past. I use it about once every 3 or 4 days. I can't speak to the cost of the increased electric usage because I haven't gotten a bill yet. Likewise, I cannot comment on long term performance and durability. So far I've been pleasantly surprised with it.
I'm single so I don't have a lot of laundry, but still, dragging my dirty clothes to a laundromat several blocks away and then back again is a chore I just can't face any more. Now I can do my wash in the privacy of my own home, anytime I want. And now, I could even dance around my apartment naked while doing the wash - unlikely, but I could if wanted!!
Ahh, freedom is sweet!
66 comments| 114 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 1, 2014
My hubby and I rent a tiny one bedroom house, we have been here almost three years. I fell in love with this house immediately, the only thing I don't like, is no washer dryer hook up. The washer and dryer arrived a day sooner than the first expected arrive date. I can wash two loads in my compact panda washing machine and dry them both at the same time. I love that there is an air dry option, high heat, low heat, and cool as well. I get the feeling it will keep our normally freezing bathroom very toasty this winter. The plastic pieces for the vent are stupid, has to be straight up or it falls down and points the air at the floor. In a few weeks I will be purchasing the dryer vent so I can point it out the window. It drys, I feel at the same rate as a regular dryer, I never fill it, usually just half way. I do not like the lint filter at all, the felt part is very hard to keep clean and every time I look on here to buy some replacement's they are always out of stock, the lint filters hardness to clean and it's terrible availability is why I only gave this a 4 star.
review image review image
22 comments| 90 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 19, 2013
Looks so adorable but works perfectly but I wouldn't leave it in a room with the doors closed for it leaves the walls and everything in the room moist sometimes even wet
Drys everything well but I wouldn't put towels or sweat pants, jeans with the rest of the clothes because it takes long its better to put them last
on February 3, 2013
I have had the Haier portable washing machine for around 2 years now and hanging everything up was getting really old. That's where this cute little dryer comes in. I have a 2 year old so between us, that's a lot of laundry. I saved for 2 months for this dryer and was so happy when I could finally afford to buy it. I love it. It's so wonderful and convenient.
on December 27, 2015
I like it.

This has probably been the best user reviewed as well as economical model on the market today, but I expected a better result. It runs better then a 1990's machine, but it's not the 4 towel drying monster that I've read... Two large towels will range in time between 1.5hrs to 2 "for me" in the North-East (70 degree day). Also, a regular full load of laundry will take 1.5 hours, where a 1/2 load will take 45mins. Living in 1 of the largest cities in the US (with 1930's wiring) the 110V / 1400W (translates to 12.72 amps) hasn't caused a fire in "my apartment." At the end of the day, I don't think that I can find a better product that will work with my electrical constraints, so although my expectations are tempered... I like this machine.

FYI:
I need my machine to be very portable, so I put it on a 11.5" x 18" mini-dolly. Although it barely fits, the smooth legs do slip off, so I needed to lock the dryer's mini legs in place. I did this by screwing down round mini tins to the dolly's corners, and wrapped velcro (2 sided, no tape) around the machine and dolly. I used the soft side of the velcro against the machine (prevents scratching), but I also used a little tape-down scratchy pieces on top of the machine pointing up. This way the velcro not-only-sticks-to-itself, but it also doesn't shift aroound on top of the machine.... Finally, I cut a piece of Yoga-mat a little larger then the dolly, and place it under the machine to prevent dryer movement during use...
review image review image review image
on January 25, 2015
After having this dryer for a little over a year we're definitely seeing why it only comes with a 1 year warranty! The belt broke a few months ago after having it about a year. We've not been able to find a replacement for the belt online. After taking the dryer apart to try and repair it, we're seeing planed obsolescence at it's finest in many of the parts. We're still not sure where to purchase replacements for these parts! At first it did a pretty good job for us and we were happy with the purchase, BUT... Be honest with yourself... how many WET items add up to less then the 9lb limit? That being said it does do a fair job for one or possibly two people, don't expect it to dry more then one outfit at a time... A pair of jeans and maybe two shirts max and expect when the warranty runs out the dryer has been well planned to wear out too! Without options for replacement parts!
55 comments| 39 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 26, 2016
Seems to work fine. Lint trap/filter in the back is inconvenient to change (minus 1/4 star); otherwise good design.

Slight problem minus 1/4 star: the black belt that moves the tumbler drum might fall off during shipping. This is because there's a spring-tensioned wheel, so if the machine is tipped upside down in shipping, it might come off.

The website where you're instructed to register - [...] - minus 1/2 star - it doesn't work, and the phone number listed on it didn't get me a response. By the way, it seems you can order for cheaper there (free shipping) - I didn't know that until too late.

Still, the 888 number included on the card got me a daytime answer direct to a good english speaker who told me what the problem likely was and that I could fix it myself. Eventually I got an email with instructions.

4/5. Good value. Order from their website since they have free shipping there.
review image review image
on December 30, 2012
great appliance--so happy with it...I don't have to run out to do laundry --I can stay home and do it..The filter is a little awkward and hard to get it out but otherwise it is wonderful..