5.0 out of 5 stars Blazing and intense, very strong second novel in a trilogy, beautiful prose, well paced, another triumph for Lauren Oliver!
I have been a huge fan of Lauren Oliver since her debut novel, Before I Fall, which remains in my top five favorite works. Because of my high regard for that book, I eagerly blazed through her dystopian novel, Delirium. There were several reasons why I was let down by that book, possibly mostly due to high expectations. It was much slower paced, possibly because it was...
Published on February 28, 2012 by Christina (Ensconced in Lit)

3.0 out of 5 stars Good bones, bad execution
SPOILERS AHEAD!!!!

Like so many other reviewers, Delirium was one of my favorite novels of 2011 and I couldn't wait for 2012 when Pandemonium would come out. Delirium spends the whole novel getting the reader invested in Lena, her transformation, and her falling in love with Alex. The end had me dying for the next book so I could see what happened to Lena and...
Published on March 6, 2012 by Shawn F. McCoy

‹ Previous | 116 17 1881 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Exciting book!!, May 8, 2014
This review is from: Pandemonium (Delirium Series Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
Action packed! I was really surprised by how much I liked this second book!! It was great and suspenseful! This had to be my favorite of the series.

4.0 out of 5 stars Continuing the delirium, May 6, 2014
This review is from: Pandemonium (Delirium Series Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
Oliver does an exceptional job of continuing Lena's treacherous journey. Heartache and heartbreak lead Lena as she struggles to figure out who she is now that she is in the Wilds. I look forward to book 3 after reading the cliff-hanger ending that hooked till the end of the series.

4.0 out of 5 stars From kidnapping, falling for someone, death to escaping, a ratman, shock, and life Pandemonium definitely has a bit of it all., May 6, 2014
More reviews at <a href="[...]">Bookaholics Anonymous Online</a>

Unlike Delirium, Pandemonium is told in two perspectives. There's a then and now. I want to say I haven't read a book with that P.O.V but I probably have. At first I thought it would bother me, but as the chapters went on I grew to enjoy them more and more. Just like Delirium it was still too slow paced for my liking, but when you have a good story and characters you love to read about it can be overlooked.

POVs
Then: starts almost where Delirium left off with Lena running, and it takes us through her time beyond the compounds that were once her life. She is now living with the "invalids" in their little homestead. This is where we get to meet a whole new set of characters. These chapter show how they all work together to survive, and when it's time to move from one place to another.

Now: Lena is now sucked back into the world of the cure (She is after all part of a rebellion). She gets the job of watching Julian the son of Thomas Fineman, the founder of the DFA. When things go down at the rally it's up to Lena to figure it out.

CHARACTERS
Lena was back (duh) and I definitely think she has grown up so much from Delirium. She realizes now that what she believed in was only a twisted view of her government. I loved being able to see her be this tough woman in the "Now" chapters trying to save herself and others

Raven wasn't one of my favorite characters. I always thought that she had something she was hiding. I need to get the book that has her short story in it as well as Lenas mothers.

Julian is the son of the founder of the DFA (Deliria Free America) and is set to have his cure done in front of thousands, but on the day of the rally s*** goes down and he ends up underground with Lena. I don't know how I feel about Julian at the moment. I'm still wanting Alex I think. Julian starts off believing everything he's told just like Lena was. He's a pretty big baby if you ask me, but as the story goes on I think he begins to understand that he's been told lie after lie. I wanna say he begins to man up a little, but I don't know. Like I said I'm still on the A Train. (Ha A train get it? Alex Train. Yeah I know.)

ENDING
I can't decide if I want to throw this book like I wanted to with it's first one, or if I want to hug it, love it, and be all giddy. If you've read the books then hopefully you understand what I mean, and if not this is my second attempt to tell you that you need to read it. Don't be like I was and think "Oh, I'll get to it at some point" make it the point to read now. Okay? Okay!

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down!, May 4, 2014
This review is from: Pandemonium (Delirium Series Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
I knew it! omg.....the ending is what I've been waiting for. let the triangle begin. what a journey Lena has been on, can't wait for the conclusion. starting it right now!

5.0 out of 5 stars Had to read book 2, May 2, 2014
Even though this series is aimed at a teenage audience....my teenage granddaughter gave it to me to read....after reading the first book Delirium I had to order this next book in the series and then the next "Requium"

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book ever, May 2, 2014
This review is from: Pandemonium (Delirium Series Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
This book grasps your mind and sucks you in to a crazy adventure with feelings of love glory betrayal trust and surprise it keeps you glued to the end then wanting more don't waste your chance and read this book and many more like it

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing sequel!, May 2, 2014
Most sequels are not amazing at all. Lauren Oliver does not dissapoint at all with this book! Leaves you wanting more and more and more as you read more. Couldn't put it down.

3.0 out of 5 stars Teen read, April 30, 2014
I purchased this series for my middle schooler. She reads so fast its hard to keep up with her. She liked the books but said with so much out there it just wasn't one of her favorites series. It didn't keep her interest throughout. We have similar tastes in books. She told me not to waste my time reading the series.

5.0 out of 5 stars OMG!!!, April 29, 2014
This review is from: Pandemonium (Delirium Series Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
Totally captivating! This is such an exciting story! Highly, highly recommend this to any and every one! It's a must read series :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Best book in the series, April 29, 2014
Englishmajor07 (Greenville, SC, USA) - See all my reviews
This book rocked! The "new" Lena now has to come to terms with a hard lifestyle in the Wilds. Surprisingly, I really like the character of Julian in this book, which I thought would be hard after reading all about Lena's first love, Alex, in Delirium. The traumatic experiences and fight to survive shared between Lena and Julian in the story really allowed for character development and unlikely chemistry between both.

The ONLY thing I do NOT like is there is a bad guy (a "Scavenger") in Pandemonium who they call "the albino." I know someone from another country with albinism and it stinks that any time the condition of albinism is portrayed in media the people with the condition are bad guys/girls or bad luck. Sad, because that belief is existent in many countries and many people with that condition suffer because of this superstition! I just wish, maybe even once, someone with albinism would be portrayed as a non-scary character.

‹ Previous | 116 17 1881 | Next ›

Pandemonium (Delirium Series Book 2)
$5.99