Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

on October 4, 2012
This scanner is so nice and convenient to just have in my bag when I go to the library and want to scan articles in magazines or pages in books that cannot be checked out; in other words - reference-only material. It does a pretty good job at scanning to jpeg or pdf but here are somewhat negative things to consider along with recommendations for dealing with them:
1. You cannot see the immediate results of your scan so you always wonder if you got all the stuff on the page you were trying to get. Yes it does have some little guide marks to help you but sometimes a page will crease a little creating a shadow effect on the scan. This is especially possible on very thin magazine paper. My recommendation is you always take at least two scans of pages. The other idea I haven't tried yet is to find a piece of clear plexiglass at a building material store to carry along and place over the pages which helps to make them flat and the scanner will roll more nicely also.
2. The battery is a non-standard rechargeable battery called a CNP-50. If you leave it in the scanner it will slowly drain even when the scanner is off. I remove it after it use and put it in the nice bag they include. You might want to find a spare battery here at Amazon or someplace else to charge and carry along also. By the way; someone else makes a competitor scanner like this that uses easy to find standard batteries; either AA or AAA size.
22 comments|84 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 15, 2012
I got the handheld Pandigital scanner for Christmas last year and it looked great and worked well for the first few tries. It was quite effective until suddenly the scanner put up an error E05 message and would not scan again. I tried all kinds of things to get it to work, but nothing got it to scan. So I contacted their customer service line. I have not gotten any response from them. The service is too unreliable. And the product is broken. QVC sold thousands of them through their homeshopping network and you can go there to see the hundreds of negative reviews. These ones here may not be altogether trustworthy since Amazon doesn't have a clear history of selling these yet.
Buyer beware definitely with this company.
on February 5, 2012
Great price on Amazon for this handy little scanner. Is easy to calibrate, just remember to push the tiny little sd card in until it clicks, otherwise it will not copy photo. Great with photos and for scanning pages. Can easily be taken with you if you wanted to scan photos when visiting friends/relatives or copying articles at the library, etc.
TOP 100 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon September 13, 2013
I purchased this scanner on a whim, thinking I can copy pictures, documents, etc. after I received it, I found it a little confusing so I read the comments from other customers. They were very discouraging, but I read the manual again, since at first I couldn't get it to connect to the Internet. The problem is that the instruction booklet does not state to tap the scan button first. I sat there and decided to tap it to see what would happen, and like magic, it works. I urge all the unhappy customers take another look at this product. My pictures and documents came out perfect. This product got a bad rap by some, so I urge the manufacturer to correct the directions in the handbook.

Recommended If You Have Time And Patience. prisrob 09-13-13
on May 15, 2013
Works as advertised. Putting the micro sim card in "teethup" is annoying, but not being able to set the default settings to PDF and Standard, and Black and White is unthinkable. So every time it turns on, if you want black and white PDF you need to remember to set it otherwise you get large, color jpg files. (Which are saved in a different sub-folder.....just might frighten you into thinking you failed to scan).
on March 13, 2012
Collecting data and articles from the library with this thing has been great! The library charges a lot per copy when you have to copy books that can't leave the library and I've complained about this forever. My mom got me this scanner and its perfect. Saves me a lot of time and I can print the pages at home for way cheaper. And, I have pdf files saved so that I can reprint if necessary. Its been pretty nice. I have scanned with it, and yes it wasn't the most amazing quality, it worked and I have no complaints.
on March 5, 2014
Had a wonderful initial experience with the seller. The color of the scanner I ordered was not available and they called me to see if a substitution was acceptable. Once I replied, the item arrived very quickly. However, it did not work once the battery was charged. The error message related to a bad MicroSD card. I contacted the seller, and they right away shipped a new MicroSD card. The scanner did not work with the new card either, so I returned it. Unfortunately, the cost of return shipping was unreasonable, as I choose to ship UPS. The seller did ask whether I wanted a replacement, but if the new one didn't work, the cost to return is cost-prohibitive so I chose a refund instead. I was very much looking forward to using the portable scanner as I had read good reviews, but I doubt that will chose this model should I decide to purchase a portable scanner in the future.
on January 18, 2012
Not suited for scanning photographs at all. When rolling over the photo, it will bend the photograph's edges with its wheel. The scanned image is of very bad quality - you lose all of the finer pixel detail. Apart from a poor quality image, the scanner leaves roll marks on the image.
Scanning documents - the image turns out fuzzy, like a photograph taken of a document and not like a scanned copy of the document.
Also, I found it difficult to roll the scanner steady over the document without either accidentally folding the document or moving it. Even when it is held steady, it's not guaranteed that the image will come out exactly in the same proportions as the original. For example, with some photographs, one part of the photo was slightly larger, such as one eye on a photo.
Another major flaw is that it is hard to tell when the image is done. Once you press the scan key, when you are done it should increase the number of images on its display, but it sometimes does not, so I had to rescan the image and turned out that it appeared twice.
I would give it the smallest possible rating on amazon
on January 24, 2013
Beautiful, economical concept. This little device has been used to scan legal papers, pictures and receipts. I am able to create an electronic file now of documents vs. creating hard copies in a file cabinet. This is a wonder device for the price. It came with a 2G micro-SD card already in the scanner. It saves files as PDF or JPG. Opening the files on my computer was an easy process.

The only learning curve is understanding the digital instruction on how to turn on, scan and save a file. Need to play with it but it works great. And, it doesn't take up a lot of space. For me after each use I simply put it back in the box because it could easily get misplaced because of its size. I've taken store receipts and scanned as well as 8.5x11 sheets and scanned. Each came out like a nice copy.
on July 9, 2013
Dead on arrival - refuses to scan and gives an error message no matter what is attempted in order to fix things. Product is also missing the user manual that the Quick Start Guide claims comes in the box, leaving me to use Google as an inadequate replacement for the manual.
Customer service isn't exactly the most helpful.
0/10, would not recommend this item.