5.0 out of 5 stars works real well,thank you for making it.
Published 5 months ago by lenny

3.0 out of 5 stars Adequate
Published 6 months ago by R. Baker

5.0 out of 5 stars works real well,thank you for making it., March 1, 2014
This review is from: Panlong Analog to Digital Optical Coaxial Audio Converter Adapter with 3.5mm & RCA Inputs (Electronics)
i bought a pair of surround sound digital headphones, but they needed a optical out on my surround sound receiver and it did not have one. so i thought the only out there is on the receiver is the headphone jack. then i connected the adapter to it by using the coax cables red and white and optical cable and the power cord. it works like a gem. the the headphones sound awesome. thank you very much.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what I expected at the right price, September 18, 2013
Does what I bought it for. Using it to stream lap top headphone output to digital home theater. Much cheaper than buying a new lap to with HDMI out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Did the trick, May 16, 2014
worked as described, system hooked up easily and i was able to convert my analog sub connection to an optical on my pc, shipped fast and it wasnt too pricey

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, May 8, 2014
Was able to hook a sound bar to a 27" LG TV , everything works and there is great sound

4.0 out of 5 stars Got it for a wireless headphone set to hook-up to a new cable box without RCA, February 17, 2014
Father in Law LOVES IT! Easy to setup, and a really long cord for the ac adapter. Love that the plug was a little smaller, but that's only because I have a power strip.

3.0 out of 5 stars Adequate, January 22, 2014
R. Baker (Amarillo, TX United States) - See all my reviews
I purchased this to attach my analog turntable to my Optical input for my Surround Sound System. As a former audiofile this is the cheapest and worst sounding setup anyone could ever make. I first noticed an unbearable line noise but after adjusting and separating the analog line inputs to the converter the noise was eliminated. BTW: If you do intend to do something like this make sure your turntable has a pre-amp in it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Working perfect, January 12, 2014
its working as expected..seemelessly, and more than than its very less expensive. I did some more research, and this is cool.

5.0 out of 5 stars Poor Man's Optoisolator, October 30, 2013
This is an odd device that few people will find useful but if you happen to stumble across this review, the short of it is that the main uses of it are probably:

1 - Eliminate hum between audio components by using it as an optoisolator
2 - Convert an analog preamp output to digital output (digital volume control)

I bought mine for both reasons and I'm pleasantly pleased and actually quite impressed with the performance. I have an Emotiva XDA-1 and my gripe has always been that it did not have either a coax or spdif output so this solves that problem and does so quite well.

There have been no sync problems whatsoever and it's rock solid at 48kHz. Although I have a scope, I haven't bothered to do any in depth testing because the sound quality has not warranted me going to look for a problem that does not exist.

The only quirk with it is that SCMS copy bit is set on the output of this converter. It doesn't seem to affect the performance negatively and I have it connected via optical cable to this: Digital Optical Coax to Analog R/L audio converter so at least you'll know what definitely works with it.

Overall, this is a wonderful piece of technology at an amazing price.

3.0 out of 5 stars Didn't need this item, May 16, 2014
When I bought my sound bar for my HDTV, the salesman at Best Buy said I would need one of these to connect my audio system to the speakers. However, when my son who is an electrical engineer visited on Mothers' Day, and was going to connect my system, he said this was not needed. So, I haven't used it.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Simple Solution for Analog to Digital Conversion, March 19, 2014
A very affordable way to upgrade your system to high quality digital performance without the high cost normally associated
with Analog to Digital conversion.

Rate and Discover Movies