Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

on January 22, 2014
I purchased this to attach my analog turntable to my Optical input for my Surround Sound System. As a former audiofile this is the cheapest and worst sounding setup anyone could ever make. I first noticed an unbearable line noise but after adjusting and separating the analog line inputs to the converter the noise was eliminated. BTW: If you do intend to do something like this make sure your turntable has a pre-amp in it.
on March 1, 2014
i bought a pair of surround sound digital headphones, but they needed a optical out on my surround sound receiver and it did not have one. so i thought the only out there is on the receiver is the headphone jack. then i connected the adapter to it by using the coax cables red and white and optical cable and the power cord. it works like a gem. the the headphones sound awesome. thank you very much.
on January 21, 2015
This unit was the answer to my connection configuration. I am connecting optical sound from my TV to my Bose Accoustimass sound system. At the same time I wanted to run separately my headphones to the Accoustimass system so that I could mute the TV and keep the headphones on. I also wanted to run my Bose Wave/CD through the Accoustimass system.

I am inputting TV sound and Bose Wave sound into the View HD Venus optical splitter (sold through Amazon) then out to the Bose Accoustimass and out to headphones. The View HD Venus is an optical splitter so it only accepts optical input and delivers only optical output. Bose Wave Radio only outputs analog so I bought this Panlong analog to digital converter so that I could send that signal to the View HD Venus splitter too. I now have Bose Wave digital input and TV digital input to the Accoustimass Sound system as well as digital output to headphones via the View HD Venus optical splitter. Even after the signal going through an analog converter and optical digital splitter the quality of sound is there.
If you make sure you have high a quality RCA cable for the input to the Panlong and good quality optical cable for the output the sound is very high quality.

I highly recommend. Well worth the money.
on September 18, 2013
Does what I bought it for. Using it to stream lap top headphone output to digital home theater. Much cheaper than buying a new lap to with HDMI out.
on November 15, 2014
It works well. I am using it to send input to my Vanatoo T1 speakers from an analog source. The reason I do this is because the sources on the speakers auto switch and I can have many devices connected simultaneously. The converter enables me to use the TOSLINK and SPID/F coas and I don't notice any degradation in sound quality from the analog source. The only reason I'm not giving it 5 stars as it would be even better if it auto switched between the two inputs based on signal presence. Because it doesn't, I have to buy another one. But since they are inexpensive it's a small price to pay. Awesome device.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 3, 2015
I bought this to solve an issue for a friend of mine. He has a pair of Boston Acoustics ba735 speakers that require a digital input. He is now able to use them on his new computer which has analog audio out (as most do). We used a 1/8" to 1/8" stereo cable to go from the audio out of his PC to the input on this converter, and a coaxial RCA cable to go from the converter to his speakers. The speakers now work perfectly, there is no extraneous noise at all and they sound as clear as ever.
on January 3, 2015
This converter saved me after I ordered a soundbar with only optical connections on it as a Christmas present. I'm not a sound connoisseur so I can't swear the sound is just like it would be if no converter were required, but the soundbar and TV work together now (as well as the other things plugged into the TV) which is all I needed. Whew! It also came a day sooner than expected. Thanks!
on December 21, 2014
This device works exactly as described and is priced right. I would have given it 5 stars if it came with clear instructions. Many purchasers might be more sophisticated than me and not need that but I did not realize that there was a TOS link port. If you know what you are doing, not like me, you shoul have no reservations about this purchase.
on October 30, 2013
This is an odd device that few people will find useful but if you happen to stumble across this review, the short of it is that the main uses of it are probably:

1 - Eliminate hum between audio components by using it as an optoisolator
2 - Convert an analog preamp output to digital output (digital volume control)

I bought mine for both reasons and I'm pleasantly pleased and actually quite impressed with the performance. I have an Emotiva XDA-1 and my gripe has always been that it did not have either a coax or spdif output so this solves that problem and does so quite well.

There have been no sync problems whatsoever and it's rock solid at 48kHz. Although I have a scope, I haven't bothered to do any in depth testing because the sound quality has not warranted me going to look for a problem that does not exist.

The only quirk with it is that SCMS copy bit is set on the output of this converter. It doesn't seem to affect the performance negatively and I have it connected via optical cable to this: Digital Optical Coax to Analog R/L audio converter so at least you'll know what definitely works with it.

Overall, this is a wonderful piece of technology at an amazing price.
on October 1, 2014
Plugged it right in when I got it and works like a charm. The perfect device for my need. I had 3.5mm analog mini out of my cable box and that needed to go to optical for my soundbar. It is working great!