5.0 out of 5 stars Pantech Breeze III
Pros-

-Excellent call quality and volume.
-The microphone is good.
-The phone is customizable, but it is easy to keep the advanced stuff out of the way when you don't need it.
-You can get information without even opening the phone via the little screen on the front, and the notification LEDs.
-The notification system is nice. (this is from...
Published on August 22, 2011 by Brett Patrick

3.0 out of 5 stars Like the phone, but unable to use Bluetooth or USB transfer to Windows 7
I use this phone mostly for phone calls. I did not get a data plan, so no texting, web surfing, etc. Compared to my last phone, I have very few dropped calls or inability to make calls (network not available). The interface is fairly easy to navigate and locate different settings. Occasionally I take photos with the phone and the quality is decent.

My big...
Published on December 5, 2011 by Meg

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible audio quality, August 16, 2012
This review is from: Pantech Breeze III (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
There exists a market of people who buy a phone to be a phone, not a tiny portable computer with silly applications. This phone is intended to meet that market. It does not come with fancy applications, and its feature set is about as basic as they come. Nevermind that pressing almost any button at any time will cause a sorry excuse for a web browser to launch, almost certainly incurring fees on any phone plan that does not include data. Nevermind that its menu system is incredibly brain-damaged and fails to live up to the standard of barebones phones of even a few years ago. OK, so the phone is intended to generate data revenue and has a shoddy feature set; that's *FINE* for those of us who just want a basic phone.

The problem is that even as a basic phone this product fails miserably! The audio quality can be so poor that conversation becomes almost impossible. I'd love to use a nice wired handset to make up the difference, but in the unceasing war on standardized phone plugs, purchasing one that actually fits this phone is nearly impossible.

Seriously. If you're looking at this phone, go with something like a Go phone instead. That way you'll at least feel better about not wasting your money on a loveless 2-year contract with a phone whose only redeeming quality will be the satisfying crunch it makes when it finally meets its end.

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst phone I have ever used, January 14, 2012
This review is from: Pantech Breeze III (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I wanted a phone for calling and some texting. I don't really care about music, ringtones, videos, cameras, etc..

First off, the physical layout befuddles me. I cannot stand having the 'voice recognition' and camera buttons where I am expecting the call and end buttons. I constantly press the volume up/down buttons on the side during use--I had my phone completely silent for the first week of ownership. The numeric buttons in general do not have a good feel, they feel sluggish and unreliable.

The software gets even worse. You know those three short cut keys on the top half of the flip phone? Well, those are useless because you can only assign 9 pre-determined options to. You get things like pill reminder, alarm, tip calculator, and junk. You cannot set it to something like inbox or recent calls. Even worse is that once you press a shortcut button you need to confirm that is what you wanted to do.

I'm used to predictive text on my Nokia. I press five keys and it tries to guess a five letter word. If it doesn't know it I can have the phone learn the word. On the Pantech Breeze if I press five keys it will try to guess four and six letter words before it even shows my legit five letter word. I don't know how to make it learn new words. It doesn't have the word 'scum' in it's dictionary.

This phone attempts to do some kind of multitasking. If you go to a function that is considered an 'application' the phone will keep it in the memory unless you press the right key combination to fully exit it. If you don't the application stays in memory and eventually you'll get messages about not being able to more than 3 applications at the same time. There is no way to manage what applications are running unless you try to open more than three. Anything that is considered an application is useless, because they're things like email, instant messaging, and some kind of application manager. And I'm not sure what the application manager is, but it's never opened for me, it just sits there and twiddles it's thumbs. maybe it's download a bunch of stuff from the network or maybe it really doesn't do anything. Either way you lose.

All of the games are 'trials' and over complicated.

With that said, I would be able to look past all the negatives, except I have a hard time understanding what people are saying on this phone. I tried to have a conversation with my wife that consisted of me saying 'what' and 'excuse me' at least once in response to everything she said. On top of that I have been told that I am more difficult to understand on this phone. And for me this is the deal breaker. I needed a barebones phone that worked and this is not it.

This phone is not worth the penny I paid. I am using AT&T.

1.0 out of 5 stars WARNING! - PHONE DOES NOT WORK WITH WINDOWS 8!, May 10, 2013
Grayson Richardson (Austin, TX United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pantech Breeze III (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
Please be aware that the PC Suite software that comes with the Breeze III does not work with Windows 8. The USB driver is incompatible with Windows 8 (even when run in compatibility mode!) Pantech customer service is aware of this, but says a driver or software patch will not be available for months -- possibly not until 2014!

You simply cannot connect your Breeze III by USB to your Windows 8 PC to download pictures or interact with your PC in anyway. You can install the software, but it will not connect to your phone when you connect your phone by USB cable. There's no mention of this on their website (yet).

I spent three days trying to figure out how to connect my Breeze III to no avail, and I consider myself fairly tech-savvy. I finally gave up and called customer service. They knew instantly what was wrong with my phone. They were very nice and very apologetic, but they have no solutions and they don't expect to have a fix any time in the near future.

This was an extremely frustrating experience for me. I've never had a tech company tell me that they had no solutions, no workarounds of any kind to offer me. And I cannot believe they haven't posted this vital piece of information on their website. It's not mentioned in their FAQ or in their troubleshooting materials anywhere.

I don't know if this is just limited to the Breeze III or to all Pantech phones. But buyer beware: Pantech did not convey to me any sense of urgency or desire to resolve this problem for their customers.

4.0 out of 5 stars Just a well thought out phone, September 7, 2011
Jerry (United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pantech Breeze III (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
It is just a phone, it is pretty smart for being just a phone, but since I have an iPod Touch version 4, why would I want a smartphone?

I have had it a couple of weeks now and I have no complaints, I use it in the Breeze mode which covers everything you would want a phone to do. It works well with a Bluetooth headset. If you would like a case, right now the selection is very limited.

I bought the phone outright and use it on AT&Ts Go Phone network, which sure beats the other phones you can get for the price. I live out in the woods so direct connections through the phone is hit and miss unless you know where you need to go. I checked the Breeze with other phones and it seems to have as good or better range compared to the others I tested.

I use the Breeze in a Wilson Electronics 815226 Sleek Cell Phone Signal Cradle Booster for All Cell Phones with Mini Magnet Mount Antenna - For Single User booster and Wilson Electronics Home/Office Accessory Kit for Wilson Sleek, C-Boost coupled with a external Wilson Trucker antenna mounted outside on a pole (I would not fool with other antennas), I now have 4 bars where before I had no service.

Like a lot of the electronic stuff all access comes through a micro-usb port, so at this time you need adaptors or special units to use a lot of the features, such as playing music. In the Wilson cradle a Bluetooth headset is a must.

2.0 out of 5 stars New phone, November 22, 2013
This review is from: Pantech Breeze III (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I just got this phone a week ago. I'm a teenager and wanted a phone to text on. This is the phone you don't wanna get if you want to do that. It's a good phone and works fine but I would suggest to get a better one. It's makes a good phone for someone wh list going to use it all the time.

2.0 out of 5 stars Very poor buy from ATT - not worth the money even w rebate, May 2, 2013
This review is from: Pantech Breeze III (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I and my husband have had two Pantech Breeze III phones from ATT for eight months and we are very very disappointed. Worst flaw is that is turns itself off when you are texting a long message(!) despite full battery. Happens about once a week. Less important but still significant are very short battery life (his has 2 days with low usage), it can't receive photos from smartphones (our daughters' have two Samsung Galaxy phones). The files arrive but can not be opened. We can send photos but the quality is awful - much better from my Apple iPod. Final really irritating thing is that we have not received the rebate from ATT despite multiple efforts on phones and computers. It has been EIGHT MONTHS and they say "it's in the mail" but obviously it is not. Some contractor is now handing it and they are less responsive and responsible than ATT itself. Buyers beware!

5.0 out of 5 stars simple and nice, July 7, 2013
This review is from: Pantech Breeze III (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I love my new Pantech breeze 3! As a handicapped man I prefer the most basic of all gadgets. I got this to replace my old breeze ii. It is smaller than the breeze ii which adds to its appeal. I can put it in my old carrying case with a belt clip. I prefer these simple, basic phones over the smart phones as I have no need for all those functions. I only use my phone for calls.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good -- if you don't need a headset, May 15, 2012
This review is from: Pantech Breeze III (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I got a PanTech Breeze 2030 about a month ago, and it works fine. The major headache is that finding a headset that is compatible with the thing has turned out to be a nightmare: it uses a micro-USB connector (which is also used for the charger), and although the micro-USB is supposed to be the coming thing, as far as accessories go, it apparently hasn't come yet. The AT&T store where I got it has nothing except Bluetooth (which it works with), but which I don't really want.

5.0 out of 5 stars A PERFECT cell phone if you do not want/need a "smart" phone, November 30, 2012
This review is from: Pantech Breeze III (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
My first foray into "smart phones" was a first generation iPhone. I bought it shortly after experiencing a heart attack. Until that cardiac event, I never thought to carry a cell phone with me all the time. AFTER the event, I NEEDED the psychological comfort of knowing I could call for help from anywhere. At that time, the iPhone was in its second iteration, but I bought the first generation to save some money. It is a SPECTACULAR device that does all sorts of awesome things. Sadly, it does not function well as a telephone! What was worse, for me, was that making an emergency call took too many steps. While my cardiac experience was not like this, friends have told me about theirs: one was barely able to rip open an aspirin container to gulp down a dose! Going through the necessary steps to make a call on the iPhone may have been impossible for him!

1 - wake the iPhone
2 - unlock the iPhone
3 - open the cell phone app
4 - dial 911
5 - send

I decided I did not want or need a "smart" phone at this time. I do not like "texting" and do not need to search the web while I am on the go. I forwent the iPhone for a standard "dumb" flip phone. The Pantech Breeze III that I bought even has three programmable buttons. To make an emergency call takes me only TWO button pushes!

I have now had the Pantech Breeze tied to my AT&T service for more than a year. It is SOLIDLY built, has excellent sound quality, takes decent photos and videos for a phone and was customizable - although some of the options were difficult to access for my self-designed "profile." There is a second setting that provides for a greatly simplified pair of menus. VERY suited for those who are not technologically adept! The ONLY issue I have had is that some buttons that access the web in various ways are in places too easy to hit unintended. I got tired of being charged $2/month by AT&T when I had NOT downloaded ANYTHING ... when I had hit the wrong button by mistake and turned the service off immediately. This problem was remedied with a call to AT&T who simply turned my data service OFF.

I like the "flip phone" idea. If you have ever had your open phone make a call by itself, you NEED a flip phone!

IF you want, you can also use this phone as a personal mp3 player, although you will need to buy a special headset since the phone does not provide a standard earphone jack. The phone does accept a micro SD card!

I highly recommend this model.

1.0 out of 5 stars OK Phone but there is no software, August 25, 2011
This review is from: Pantech Breeze III (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
Just bought the phone. It appears to bo ok. The big problem is that Pantech released the phone before the interface software was finished. There is no way to interface this phone with a computer. Older Pantech software doesn't work and generic Windows dirvers can't recognize the phone. Support doesn't know when it is ever going to be available. I would put a hold on purchasing this model until they have the product complete.

ARRAY(0xa32098dc)

Pantech Breeze III (AT&T)
Click for more info