5.0 out of 5 stars Good basic phone
I love this phone. I replaced my broken chocolate touch with this phone. For someone who doesn't want to spend the money on a data plan, this phone is a perfect fit. This isn't a smart phone, but it is great for someone who wants a touch phone. Good reception, easy to use and very thin and light. It does take a little getting used to if you have never used a touch...
Published on November 8, 2011 by sheldan

3.0 out of 5 stars So far, I'm not overly impressed by this phone. Junk.
Please read my 7/9/12 update.

My fiance and I both have LG Chocolate Touch phones. After nearly 2 years of use, my phone works perfectly, but her internal speaker started to fail, probably the result of too many drops in the driveway, so I replaced her Chocolate with a Pantech Hotshot, primarily due to the lack of basic phone choices (those that don't require a...
Published on November 9, 2011 by J. Caffarella

‹ Previous | 1 2 37 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars highly recommended if you want a mediocre phone for 4 months tops!, March 10, 2013
This review is from: Pantech Hotshot (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)
I renewed my contract with Verizon last year, and wanted a basic phone that didn't require a data plan. So this one looked nice. It had a big touchscreen, cost me a penny and was RED. wow! I had to get it. I initially had no problems with this phone, but maybe my standards were just ridiculously low. Fast forward a year and a half: battery barely holds a charge, phone turns on and off without warrant, touchscreen freezes up so that one backspace erases the whole text or it only records the 1 out of 10 keystrokes. If I don't password lock the phone, I'll butt dial two or three people. Last night I butt dialed 911. 10 minutes ago, I had this P.O.S. sitting out next to me. I WASNT EVEN TOUCHING IT. suddenly we're 30 seconds deep into a ghost call to the vet, and they probably heard the entire sex scene of the movie I was blasting. Nice going, scumbag phone.

So needless to say, this phone has been a marathon of patience testing. I just ordered a new phone and I can't wait to pound a dozen nails into this one.

2.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Bad, August 9, 2012
This review is from: Pantech Hotshot (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)
Not very touch sensitive, lags, hard to use and text. Would not recommend AT ALL. Also, very cheaply made. All this after one day of use. Wish I wasn't on a two year contract with this phone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Simple use, July 25, 2012
This review is from: Pantech Hotshot (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)
I Have had no problems with this phone what-so-ever. If you are looking for a phone for the basic stuff( Calls and texting mostly) Then look no further. Have had this phone for 6 months or so and have had absolutely no problems. My Sister in-law has this phone also, and doesn't like it. Turns Out, if you have internet and like apps and whatnot, then this phone is a pain in the lower back area. However, If you want a basic, no-data phone that you will use primarily for the basic stuff. Then it has My recommendation.

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap Phone, February 16, 2012
This review is from: Pantech Hotshot (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)
This phone is pretty cheap quality. It lets you listen to music while you do other things like text, but the catch is every time you hit a button or change screens the music skips. Its slow when texting, even without playing music in the background. Its very slow to send picture messages. I know no phone can send a pic message as fast as a regular text, but my old LG Octane was much faster. I like the design and features and just how the phone is set up in general, but its slow and glitchy which pretty much ruins it. I wish I hadnt broke my Octane, I dont think I can handle this phone for 2 years.

2.0 out of 5 stars unreliable phone, December 31, 2011
This review is from: Pantech Hotshot (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)
I purchased this phone as a replacement for my beloved Dare phone which after 4 years the speaker gave out. This hotshot would lock up several times a day. It would ring and I would have to pop out the battery, turn it back on, wait for it to come back up...then call the person back..Ridiculas....it also would not stay synced to my car phone system..probably because of the previously mentioned problem...very disappointing.

1.0 out of 5 stars I hate this phone, February 4, 2012
This review is from: Pantech Hotshot (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)
This phone is horrible. I hate it. The predictive text gives you words that aren't even words. You can turn the phone sideways and type your text but if you have fat fingers don't even attempt. You have to press the screen really hard and it still doesn't work right. When you try to unlock the phone to answer you hang up on the caller. It is cheap and crap and I want my old phone back. You can't send a picture text with a message. Don't waste your time! $0.01 is way too much to pay for it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a Fan, November 16, 2011
This review is from: Pantech Hotshot (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)
I got this phone about a month ago and I am not very impressed. The calibration on this phone is horrible. I have to touch the screen like four times for anything to happen.

2.0 out of 5 stars Texting is impossible, December 30, 2011
This review is from: Pantech Hotshot (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)
My LG Dare tragically stopped working this week, and I was seriously devastated. I LOVE my Dare, and I'm still getting over it. I got the Pantech Hotshot in the hopes that it would be similar. It looks sleek, but...

The screen is so unresponsive and slow, and it doesn't respond at all if I use just my fingernail to tap the screen, which is what I'm used to doing. The vibration when I touch the screen feels cheap and texing is a nightmare.

It's difficult trying to text because the screen is so slow at picking up my touch. I have to slow way down and continually go back and correct myself. The way texting is set up is way different from LG phones as well. Instead of being able to hit "next" you have to scroll through a list of words the phone thinks you want. I haven't found a quick way to make a smiley face (on the LG Dare, you just press 1 two times), and I'm forced to navigate through the symbols to find a colon and parenthesis. To top it all off, the phone defaults to "g" instead of "i" when using the 12-number keypad (rather than the qwerty keyboard) for texting. "g love you"?? No. I want my Dare back!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Phone, January 23, 2014
This review is from: Pantech Hotshot (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)
We bought this for our daughter who isn't quite ready for a smartphone. It's perfect for all her. She loves it!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, December 9, 2013
This review is from: Pantech Hotshot (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)
When I First got it it was okay. Then it would have random things pop up that I didn't even push. I would have it on the table and it would bring up pictures. It almost seems like it's haunted.

‹ Previous | 1 2 37 | Next ›
ARRAY(0x9f2f3de8)

Pantech Hotshot (Verizon Wireless)
Click for more info