5.0 out of 5 stars Good basic phone
I love this phone. I replaced my broken chocolate touch with this phone. For someone who doesn't want to spend the money on a data plan, this phone is a perfect fit. This isn't a smart phone, but it is great for someone who wants a touch phone. Good reception, easy to use and very thin and light. It does take a little getting used to if you have never used a touch...
Published on November 8, 2011 by sheldan

3.0 out of 5 stars So far, I'm not overly impressed by this phone. Junk.
Please read my 7/9/12 update.

My fiance and I both have LG Chocolate Touch phones. After nearly 2 years of use, my phone works perfectly, but her internal speaker started to fail, probably the result of too many drops in the driveway, so I replaced her Chocolate with a Pantech Hotshot, primarily due to the lack of basic phone choices (those that don't require a...
Published on November 9, 2011 by J. Caffarella

‹ Previous | 1 2 37 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap Phone, February 16, 2012
This review is from: Pantech Hotshot (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)
This phone is pretty cheap quality. It lets you listen to music while you do other things like text, but the catch is every time you hit a button or change screens the music skips. Its slow when texting, even without playing music in the background. Its very slow to send picture messages. I know no phone can send a pic message as fast as a regular text, but my old LG Octane was much faster. I like the design and features and just how the phone is set up in general, but its slow and glitchy which pretty much ruins it. I wish I hadnt broke my Octane, I dont think I can handle this phone for 2 years.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Simple use, July 25, 2012
This review is from: Pantech Hotshot (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)
I Have had no problems with this phone what-so-ever. If you are looking for a phone for the basic stuff( Calls and texting mostly) Then look no further. Have had this phone for 6 months or so and have had absolutely no problems. My Sister in-law has this phone also, and doesn't like it. Turns Out, if you have internet and like apps and whatnot, then this phone is a pain in the lower back area. However, If you want a basic, no-data phone that you will use primarily for the basic stuff. Then it has My recommendation.

2.0 out of 5 stars unreliable phone, December 31, 2011
This review is from: Pantech Hotshot (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)
I purchased this phone as a replacement for my beloved Dare phone which after 4 years the speaker gave out. This hotshot would lock up several times a day. It would ring and I would have to pop out the battery, turn it back on, wait for it to come back up...then call the person back..Ridiculas....it also would not stay synced to my car phone system..probably because of the previously mentioned problem...very disappointing.

3.0 out of 5 stars not the best phone, March 17, 2013
this phone is okay
i bought it as a replacement for my other phone.

pros: thin
light
touch screen
digital qwerty
battery life long

cons: freezes a lot
music always skips
when you use the digital qwerty, the phone freezes a lot

good starter phone
wouldnt reccomend it for heavy texters

1.0 out of 5 stars I hate this phone, February 4, 2012
This review is from: Pantech Hotshot (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)
This phone is horrible. I hate it. The predictive text gives you words that aren't even words. You can turn the phone sideways and type your text but if you have fat fingers don't even attempt. You have to press the screen really hard and it still doesn't work right. When you try to unlock the phone to answer you hang up on the caller. It is cheap and crap and I want my old phone back. You can't send a picture text with a message. Don't waste your time! $0.01 is way too much to pay for it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Bad, August 9, 2012
This review is from: Pantech Hotshot (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)
Not very touch sensitive, lags, hard to use and text. Would not recommend AT ALL. Also, very cheaply made. All this after one day of use. Wish I wasn't on a two year contract with this phone.

2.0 out of 5 stars Texting is impossible, December 30, 2011
This review is from: Pantech Hotshot (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)
My LG Dare tragically stopped working this week, and I was seriously devastated. I LOVE my Dare, and I'm still getting over it. I got the Pantech Hotshot in the hopes that it would be similar. It looks sleek, but...

The screen is so unresponsive and slow, and it doesn't respond at all if I use just my fingernail to tap the screen, which is what I'm used to doing. The vibration when I touch the screen feels cheap and texing is a nightmare.

It's difficult trying to text because the screen is so slow at picking up my touch. I have to slow way down and continually go back and correct myself. The way texting is set up is way different from LG phones as well. Instead of being able to hit "next" you have to scroll through a list of words the phone thinks you want. I haven't found a quick way to make a smiley face (on the LG Dare, you just press 1 two times), and I'm forced to navigate through the symbols to find a colon and parenthesis. To top it all off, the phone defaults to "g" instead of "i" when using the 12-number keypad (rather than the qwerty keyboard) for texting. "g love you"?? No. I want my Dare back!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a Fan, November 16, 2011
This review is from: Pantech Hotshot (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)
I got this phone about a month ago and I am not very impressed. The calibration on this phone is horrible. I have to touch the screen like four times for anything to happen.

1.0 out of 5 stars the WORST phone I have ever owned (and that's saying something, February 12, 2015
This review is from: Pantech Hotshot (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)
This is, without a doubt, the WORST phone I have ever owned (and that's saying something!). The touchscreen has HORRIBLE response - it was bad enough when I first got it, and after nearly 2 years I have to periodically beat it to get it to recognize that I'm trying to text on it! I can never get through typing an entire text on it without it skipping letters, freezing up, or suddenly erasing all I've written. It has decided not to allow me to see multimedia messages anymore - "Message Receipt Failed" is an all-too-common sight for me on it's pathetic screen. However, it is durable; there have been many times I've dropped it and picked it up hoping it would be dead and I could move on to new phone, but alas! It keeps on surviving. If you want to capture a fleeting moment with a picture, you'd better hope that moment has time to wait on the Hotshot's "camera" to load. Taking pictures/videos with this phone is about as enjoyable and easy as pulling your own teeth. DO NOT BUY THIS PHONE. I am looking forward to viciously destroying mine when my new phone arrives next week. SERIOUSLY. YOU'VE BEEN WARNED.

2.0 out of 5 stars Worthless, March 8, 2012
This review is from: Pantech Hotshot (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)
I thought the Pantech Hotshot would be a cool touch-screen experience without having to pay for a data plan. It is NOT anywhere near a smart phone. Myself and 3 others in my family all replaced our aging phone with this unit.

Being that I use an iPod Touch and an Acer Iconia Tab tablet daily, I may be biased towards text input that simply works.

The processing speed of the Hotshot is unbearable. It may take several seconds for a button press to be registered.

The biggest concern I have with my $0.01 purchase is texting. This is likely very important to many people these days and it does not work well. A word may be lost with slow processor speed and you only type 3 letters out of 15. Then you backspace ONCE, and it erases everything.

Additionally, the phone has CRASHED (ie shutoff and takes a long time to reboot) when making or receiving calls. I consider this a threat to safety in an emergency and I'm looking for other options. My LG env2 that I used in 2008 is still working better, and I may just switch back or get a SMART phone, not a mere touch screen.

‹ Previous | 1 2 37 | Next ›

Pantech Hotshot (Verizon Wireless)
Click for more info