5.0 out of 5 stars Good basic phone
I love this phone. I replaced my broken chocolate touch with this phone. For someone who doesn't want to spend the money on a data plan, this phone is a perfect fit. This isn't a smart phone, but it is great for someone who wants a touch phone. Good reception, easy to use and very thin and light. It does take a little getting used to if you have never used a touch...
Published on November 8, 2011 by sheldan

3.0 out of 5 stars So far, I'm not overly impressed by this phone. Junk.
Please read my 7/9/12 update.

My fiance and I both have LG Chocolate Touch phones. After nearly 2 years of use, my phone works perfectly, but her internal speaker started to fail, probably the result of too many drops in the driveway, so I replaced her Chocolate with a Pantech Hotshot, primarily due to the lack of basic phone choices (those that don't require a...
Published on November 9, 2011 by J. Caffarella

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 47 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars DONT pay ANYTHING for this phone!, September 11, 2013
This review is from: Pantech Hotshot (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)
Absolutely the worst phone I've ever had to use. It makes daily life much more frustrating and takes up valuable time. I wouldn't let Verizon pay ME to use this phone.

Where to start? Let's look at the touch screen. It is dumbly unresponsive, slow, and lags. This causes you to miss calls when trying to unlock. Also, the touch screen at times becomes completely unresponsive- requiring you to pull the battery out to reset the phone because you can't even unlock it.

Let's talk about texting. Near impossible to do it in a timely manner on this phone. The touch screen can't keep with what you're typing, so often it will lag- when the lag ends, the phone will miss certain letters you've typed and ultimately the entire sentence you just typed is ruined and comes out incorrectly. Along with this, the t9 word function SUCKS. Type a word such as "hello" and it will write hfkko - WTF?

This is also the only phone I've had that will DISPLAY ADS at any given time- could be texting, could be taking a picture- and ad banners run across the bottom of the screen. Seriously?

The camera is horrible, the memory space sucks, the phone randomly drops calls, and the navigation is slow and delayed. Oh, and the phone has randomly turned off at any given point since I've had it; even during important phone calls.

The second I buy an Iphone I am throwing this thing against the wall and never looking back.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent touch screen non-smart phone, August 30, 2013
This review is from: Pantech Hotshot (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)
This is an elegant (and low cost) alternative to push button flip phones for those of us who don't see going to a data plan and therefore do not need an i-Phone of equivalent. Nice software QERTY keyboard for texting and entering contact info. Pretty good camera. Good battery life and good audio quality. Probably does poorly if you try web browsing and other real smart phone features. But as a high end basic phone, it is excellent.

4.0 out of 5 stars loved it, August 27, 2013
This review is from: Pantech Hotshot (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)
I bought this for my daughter and she loves the phone. We have not had any problems with it since we bought it.

2.0 out of 5 stars A touchscreen phone that makes you not want to have a touchscreen phone, July 5, 2013
This review is from: Pantech Hotshot (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)
This is my second phone, my first being a Samsung Intensity. Now, I could talk good about that phone all day. It was a good no frills device, that did its job right.

This phone (Hotshot) isn't one of those phones.

I got an update to the firmware that was supposed to bring enhancements and upgrades to the phone, as far as I'm concerned, its still a bad phone.

Minuses
- Poor touch screen, locks up during texting. Occasionally deletes text from a message I'm trying to write due to the lockup.

-Battery life's average at best

-Phone is generally slow. Tends to run on the slow side for a lot of things. Lag = bad

-Poor camera. Sure, it takes video, something my Intensity couldn't. But its poor quality.

Slow processing and a bad screen are the two main complaints.

Pluses

+ Free 2 GB SD preloaded into phone. Unfortunately, you have to take the battery out to replace the card...

+ Music function is alright. Better then expected.

If I could, I'd give it 1.5/5 stars, but Amazon won't let me do that; Either way, avoid this phone. You could do better, far better, by putting up a little more money for anything else. Try a decent flip phone. They still make those, somewhere. XD

1.0 out of 5 stars I hate this phone, July 3, 2013
This review is from: Pantech Hotshot (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)
i absoultely hate this phone, this is the worst phone i have ever had ! the screen stalls, and powers off all the time !

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst experience ever with Amazon and verizion, June 19, 2013
This review is from: Pantech Hotshot (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)
This phone didn't work, tried to return in the 14 day grace period, phone was lot in shipping, they could see that and I still had to pay for this pice of crap for months till I finally got Verizon to make it right months later. I will never make this mistake again. Amazon is great for other things but avoid buying phones

1.0 out of 5 stars Mr. Freeze, June 19, 2013
This review is from: Pantech Hotshot (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)
This phone looks nice but it not!!!!! Verizon has replaced this phone for both my self and my husband 4 times in 18 months. We go it because we only need a basic phone with text messaging, we don't use a bunch of stuff that other phone offer. However, it freeze up all the time, it will all of the sudden decide to shut down and it can take a long time to get it back up and running again. I do not recommend getting this phone ever.

1.0 out of 5 stars I hate this phone, June 15, 2013
This review is from: Pantech Hotshot (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)
I have been stuck with this piece of junk for a year and a half now. I bought it online through verizon and it worked perfectly fine until a few months into my contract. Verizon wouldn't take the phone back and get me something new for the same price, so I was stuck with it. The texting on it sucks, when I text someone the touch screen will randomly stop working and it will lag or miss letters that I had pressed. When I make phone calls to places that use a touch tone menu, the phone will blink off and on and I will often have to re-call the number. The sound on my phone went out almost a year ago, so I haven't had any type of sound/ringtone at all. DO NOT BUY THIS PHONE. It is a big pile of junk. I wish that I could be reimbursed.

1.0 out of 5 stars Sucks, May 17, 2013
This review is from: Pantech Hotshot (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)
Worst phone ever. Has the worst text. Also the scream suck. Save your money and don't buy it trust me

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly sturdy, February 9, 2013
Daniel L Bertke (Hays, NC United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pantech Hotshot (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)
I dropped this phone in salt water, pulled it out and wiped in on my jeans. When I got back to the car, I took the battery out, feeling it was probably useless and dead. When I got home about an hour later, I put the battery back in and it worked! Haven't had one problem with it. This is, however, a replacement for a new one that had speaker problems. The guy on the line at Verizon suggested that I get a refurbished replacement since they are quality checked, whereas most of the new ones are not. Good tip!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 47 | Next ›
ARRAY(0x95777a38)

Pantech Hotshot (Verizon Wireless)
Click for more info