5.0 out of 5 stars Good basic phone
I love this phone. I replaced my broken chocolate touch with this phone. For someone who doesn't want to spend the money on a data plan, this phone is a perfect fit. This isn't a smart phone, but it is great for someone who wants a touch phone. Good reception, easy to use and very thin and light. It does take a little getting used to if you have never used a touch...
Published on November 8, 2011 by sheldan

3.0 out of 5 stars So far, I'm not overly impressed by this phone. Junk.
Please read my 7/9/12 update.

My fiance and I both have LG Chocolate Touch phones. After nearly 2 years of use, my phone works perfectly, but her internal speaker started to fail, probably the result of too many drops in the driveway, so I replaced her Chocolate with a Pantech Hotshot, primarily due to the lack of basic phone choices (those that don't require a...
Published on November 9, 2011 by J. Caffarella

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 47 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Not recommended., June 13, 2014
This review is from: Pantech Hotshot (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)
At first I thought this phone was nice. It was new and sleek and had a touchscreen.
Then I started using it for a while. It went from exciting to dull very quickly.

Texting is a nightmare. It constantly misreads the letter I hit and generates odd words that nobody would use on a regular basis causing me to search through a list for the word I was trying to use. Sometimes I don't realize it changes a word to something else and I end up sending someone a message that makes no sense. Which means I have to send it again after I fix it. (Not the worst thing in the world but it gets annoying after awhile.) When using the qwerty keypad, it is slow and registers that I hit letters I didn't, regularly requiring edits.
I've gotten the hang of the texting issues after having the phone for several years but every once in a while it likes to freeze completely while texting and not register that I hit anything for a while. When it finally catches up it just inputs the last key I hit. So I type several words until I realize it's stuck, when it finally does it's thing, only one letter shows up. That is unless I hit the backspace last. Then it decides to erase the whole message.

Using the phone for calls is okay. The sound is clear for the most part and it's a comfortable phone to use. Occasionally I get a text message in the middle of the call which causes the screen to light up. Sometimes this is no big deal but sometimes it decides to register that I am hitting buttons and before I know it I'm talking to no one.

The camera on in this phone is basic. It works well in high sunlight but that's about it. Dim lighting is blurry and if I move the phone from the subject before a few seconds after hitting the button it turns out a really blurry mess. Most of the time an image is blurry.

When I finally put music on my phone I thought it was the coolest thing ever, until I started listening to it. It skips every time the phone does anything. Every time I push a button the music skips. Or when the display turns on and off it skips. It even skips when the screen is off and it's just sitting there. The music volume options could be better as well. It is either really loud or, when I turn it down to the lowest setting, a little less loud. Especially when I'm trying to use headphones.

The battery has been pretty good. It stays charged for several days if I'm not constantly using it. It charges quickly and I'm pleased with the battery life.

Another good thing about this phone is it's surprising durability. It's thin design means it's hard to hang on to and I've dropped it quite a few times. In the sink, on the sidewalk, skidding across the floor, and often down the stairs. It's held up for a year or two but recently I dropped it flat on its face and the screen cracked. Where it cracked was especially over the proximity sensor for making phone calls. As a result the screen no longer turns on during calls making it impossible to enter numbers or hit the end button. This means I can no longer make phone calls or check my voicemail. It still works for texting and receiving calls but it's a hassle not being able to check voicemail.

Overall this phone has served its purpose but I will not be getting another one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Phone, January 23, 2014
This review is from: Pantech Hotshot (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)
We bought this for our daughter who isn't quite ready for a smartphone. It's perfect for all her. She loves it!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, December 9, 2013
This review is from: Pantech Hotshot (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)
When I First got it it was okay. Then it would have random things pop up that I didn't even push. I would have it on the table and it would bring up pictures. It almost seems like it's haunted.

1.0 out of 5 stars DONT pay ANYTHING for this phone!, September 11, 2013
This review is from: Pantech Hotshot (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)
Absolutely the worst phone I've ever had to use. It makes daily life much more frustrating and takes up valuable time. I wouldn't let Verizon pay ME to use this phone.

Where to start? Let's look at the touch screen. It is dumbly unresponsive, slow, and lags. This causes you to miss calls when trying to unlock. Also, the touch screen at times becomes completely unresponsive- requiring you to pull the battery out to reset the phone because you can't even unlock it.

Let's talk about texting. Near impossible to do it in a timely manner on this phone. The touch screen can't keep with what you're typing, so often it will lag- when the lag ends, the phone will miss certain letters you've typed and ultimately the entire sentence you just typed is ruined and comes out incorrectly. Along with this, the t9 word function SUCKS. Type a word such as "hello" and it will write hfkko - WTF?

This is also the only phone I've had that will DISPLAY ADS at any given time- could be texting, could be taking a picture- and ad banners run across the bottom of the screen. Seriously?

The camera is horrible, the memory space sucks, the phone randomly drops calls, and the navigation is slow and delayed. Oh, and the phone has randomly turned off at any given point since I've had it; even during important phone calls.

The second I buy an Iphone I am throwing this thing against the wall and never looking back.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent touch screen non-smart phone, August 30, 2013
This review is from: Pantech Hotshot (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)
This is an elegant (and low cost) alternative to push button flip phones for those of us who don't see going to a data plan and therefore do not need an i-Phone of equivalent. Nice software QERTY keyboard for texting and entering contact info. Pretty good camera. Good battery life and good audio quality. Probably does poorly if you try web browsing and other real smart phone features. But as a high end basic phone, it is excellent.

2.0 out of 5 stars A touchscreen phone that makes you not want to have a touchscreen phone, July 5, 2013
This review is from: Pantech Hotshot (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)
This is my second phone, my first being a Samsung Intensity. Now, I could talk good about that phone all day. It was a good no frills device, that did its job right.

This phone (Hotshot) isn't one of those phones.

I got an update to the firmware that was supposed to bring enhancements and upgrades to the phone, as far as I'm concerned, its still a bad phone.

Minuses
- Poor touch screen, locks up during texting. Occasionally deletes text from a message I'm trying to write due to the lockup.

-Battery life's average at best

-Phone is generally slow. Tends to run on the slow side for a lot of things. Lag = bad

-Poor camera. Sure, it takes video, something my Intensity couldn't. But its poor quality.

Slow processing and a bad screen are the two main complaints.

Pluses

+ Free 2 GB SD preloaded into phone. Unfortunately, you have to take the battery out to replace the card...

+ Music function is alright. Better then expected.

If I could, I'd give it 1.5/5 stars, but Amazon won't let me do that; Either way, avoid this phone. You could do better, far better, by putting up a little more money for anything else. Try a decent flip phone. They still make those, somewhere. XD

1.0 out of 5 stars I hate this phone, July 3, 2013
This review is from: Pantech Hotshot (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)
i absoultely hate this phone, this is the worst phone i have ever had ! the screen stalls, and powers off all the time !

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst experience ever with Amazon and verizion, June 19, 2013
This review is from: Pantech Hotshot (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)
This phone didn't work, tried to return in the 14 day grace period, phone was lot in shipping, they could see that and I still had to pay for this pice of crap for months till I finally got Verizon to make it right months later. I will never make this mistake again. Amazon is great for other things but avoid buying phones

1.0 out of 5 stars Mr. Freeze, June 19, 2013
This review is from: Pantech Hotshot (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)
This phone looks nice but it not!!!!! Verizon has replaced this phone for both my self and my husband 4 times in 18 months. We go it because we only need a basic phone with text messaging, we don't use a bunch of stuff that other phone offer. However, it freeze up all the time, it will all of the sudden decide to shut down and it can take a long time to get it back up and running again. I do not recommend getting this phone ever.

1.0 out of 5 stars I hate this phone, June 15, 2013
This review is from: Pantech Hotshot (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)
I have been stuck with this piece of junk for a year and a half now. I bought it online through verizon and it worked perfectly fine until a few months into my contract. Verizon wouldn't take the phone back and get me something new for the same price, so I was stuck with it. The texting on it sucks, when I text someone the touch screen will randomly stop working and it will lag or miss letters that I had pressed. When I make phone calls to places that use a touch tone menu, the phone will blink off and on and I will often have to re-call the number. The sound on my phone went out almost a year ago, so I haven't had any type of sound/ringtone at all. DO NOT BUY THIS PHONE. It is a big pile of junk. I wish that I could be reimbursed.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 47 | Next ›