4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Good

Published 19 months ago by RunnerDude

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Good, November 30, 2011
This review is from: Pantech Jest 2, Black (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)
My previous phone (A LG EnV3) was a terrible phone, so I was looking forward to getting a new phone. The only thing I do with my phone is text and make the occasional phone call so I didn't want a smart phone, however, I did want a phone with a QWRTY key board. I also did not want a touch screen; therefore this phone was perfect for me. It was a nice cheap phone (free when I updated my contract) that fulfilled all of my wants. The phone also has a demo of UNO that you can play as many times as you want. The only thing that is annoying about the demo is that after every game you have to load the game back up all over again, but hey, free UNO games so nothing much to complain about. I haven't played with the internet features and e-mail features because I don't use that kind of stuff on my phone, so I cannot review that part for you. I love this phone; the only thing I don't like is the battery life. My old phone could last a week on a single charge with very little use. I could leave this on my bookcase fully charged for three days, not even touching it, and it'll die. Someone told me I had some kind of setting on in my phone somewhere that was killing it, but I have yet to find this feature. I forgot to mention that this phone has a SIM card in it and the headphone jack is not a standard size, it's the small one a 2.5mm I believe it is called so I have not used it to listen to music on, other than the speaker which works fine.

Overall, this is nice little phone if you just want to text and make a few calls, but if you want something fancy then you should look somewhere else.

4.0 out of 5 stars It works, March 16, 2012
This review is from: Pantech Jest 2, Black (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)
It's a phone and it works like a phone does...I don't need it to play music or to watch videos or to post on social sites. I have had no issues with battery life or dropping calls. If you're looking for a basic phone without bells and whistles, you can't go wrong with this.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT PHONE, June 21, 2012
Joslin (Nome, Alaska) - See all my reviews
*Functionality*

I had one of the original Pantech Jest phones that had the touch "Ok" button, and while I liked the functionality and overall design, that part drove me INSANE! I HATED it!

With this version, having the actual buttons present is a relief. No more having to double tap or triple scroll to get the button to work.

I am a college student who definitely does not want to pay for all the data plans and web fees so this phone, which can be purchased without a data plan, is great! The camera is good and has the basic features you would expect from a basic phone. Making calls is easy, texting is a breeze and using the built-in apps is seamless! The only thing you MUST do with this phone is customize the settings, but that is the fun part of a new phone.

Some reviews complained about the background, which is something you can change. Another review complained about the backlight shutting off, which if you customize your backlight setting to stay on longer then it will. Want to see the text messages in a thread format? Just change the settings! This little phone has all kinds of settings that can be customized easily to make this phone work for you! I love it and wouldn't trade it for anything!

*Durability*

I dropped this phone about 4 stories from my college's football field bleachers through the crack in the seat straight to the ground. The ONLY thing that happened was the battery back came off and the screen had MINOR scratches, otherwise the phone kept working.

I have spilled liquid on it, dropped it in the sink and in a puddle outside and it still works just fine!

This phone has literally been through every possible test anyone could put on it and it still works very well. If and when I do upgrade to a "Smart" phone I will definitely keep this little phone as a backup!

*Overall*
This phone deserves 6 stars for being the best quality phone I have EVER had. You will not be sorry if you purchase this phone!

4.0 out of 5 stars Not too bad!, November 30, 2011
This review is from: Pantech Jest 2, Black (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)
I've had this a little over a week now, and I'd say I like it.
I upgraded from a Samsung Intensity, which gave me frequent "butt dial" problems, and a camara that failed consistently.
The camara on this is good, and it has even better video (although I haven't transfered it yet). I haven't had any accidental dialing, and I like the way it fits in my pocket and hand.
The dial buttons have given me some problems for one because they are so very small, and my chunky frozen fingers didn't deal well with them at first. I'm over it now, and the most recent annoyance is that the dial pad doesn't include normal phone related alpha-numerics so when i was forced to call 1-800-Progressive for a car issue this morning, I got very frustrated trying to figure that out. Obviously that's not something most people will need to deal with on a regular basis.
It was easy to set up the way I wanted it and the battery seems as good or better than my last phone (which was good on batts, too).
It just takes a little getting used to!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great basic phone!, November 8, 2012
This review is from: Pantech Jest 2, Black (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)
This phone does everything someoone with a need for a basic phone could expect from it. This doesn't take up much space, and is quite a savvy little phone. Better than most basic phones.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it ...knock on wood..., October 5, 2012
This review is from: Pantech Jest 2, Black (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)
I got this phone a few months ago after reading some scathing reviews. I was really worried that it would crap out on me. But this is the best phone I have had. I don't use the internet on it so that isn't an issue.So I can't really give a review on that, but I'm sure if I was using the internet I would hate it. But using it as a phone and a medium to text it works perfectly. I had heard that the keys were too small they are the perfect size for me and I think I have average sized fingers. I have had none of the problems that people have claimed to have had with it malfunctioning...knock on wood! The only negative is that it does feel a little flimsy. And I am very clumsy so I'm hoping with a case that will be remedied. Over all I love it its the perfect phone for me, a college student that has a tablet and doesn't need a smart phone with an expensive data plan.

2.0 out of 5 stars Bad Keyboard, September 14, 2012
This review is from: Pantech Jest 2, Black (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)
I bought this phone online from Verizon and it was immediately apparent that the W key barely worked - you really had to pound it to get any response. Because it was brand new, Verizon replaced it free of charge. However, the keys on the new phone quickly had a lot of problems. Unfortunately, it is now more than a week old and I would have to pay for a new phone at full price. I would not recommend this phone to anyone - it has something fundamentally wrong with its keyboard.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE!, May 4, 2012
This review is from: Pantech Jest 2, Black (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)
I love this phone! It's very easy to use and a very nice design. It is the perfect phone if your looking for something simple but very nice. Also, it's small size makes it very cute;)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good phone, October 10, 2011
This review is from: Pantech Jest 2, Black (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)
This is my very first "contract" phone. I'm happy with it but some features don't have me too impressed. For one thing; the camera....everything looks yellowish through the lens and when you take the picture. 2. The QWERTY board. VERY small buttons indeed! 3. I was disapointed that it did not come with some kind of protective case to keep the screen protected. I guess, other than that, it's a good phone for the money....

1.0 out of 5 stars Water damage from what?!, September 19, 2012
This review is from: Pantech Jest 2, Black (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)
This was one of the only non-smart phone options available through Verizon so we pretty much had to try it. After ~6 months it started freezing and after about 8 months it stopped working entirely. We went to the Verizon store and they said it was water damage; we should have gone in when the glitches started I suppose but the only 'water' the phone was near was being in my boyfriend's pocket during a storm right before it stopped working. He wasn't drenched by any means and I'm surprised the phone got wet at all, not to mention the fact that it broke because of a little moisture or humidity. Not worth it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xa3fda858)

Pantech Jest 2, Black (Verizon Wireless)
Click for more info