4.0 out of 5 stars Good Messaging phone
I got this phone in green color last week for my wife. I got it for no charge.

Pros:
=====
1. Capacitive touch screen. Earlier version has resistive which not good enough.
2. Voice quality is good.
3. Recording a conversation is very simple.
4. Easy to do text messaging. Vertical keyboard out is easy use while adding phone entries...
Published on September 4, 2011 by V. Naik

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a good messaging phone
Published on January 28, 2012 by rlau

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Messaging phone, September 4, 2011
This review is from: Pantech Pursuit II Phone, Green (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I got this phone in green color last week for my wife. I got it for no charge.

Pros:
=====
2. Voice quality is good.
3. Recording a conversation is very simple.

Cons:
=====
1. There is a way to customize home screen, it's not well designed.
2. Photo tagging of caller only available for contacts in phone not in SIM.
3. Touch screen could have been better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great phone, April 12, 2012
This review is from: Pantech Pursuit II Phone, Green (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I have really enjoyed this phone. The messaging system is great, and the touch screen is up to par (something I had trouble with on my previous phone)
My only issue is that there isn't a lot of space for old messages. I text way over 350 times a day, it gets annoying to delete everything.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a good messaging phone, January 28, 2012
This review is from: Pantech Pursuit II Phone, Green (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
Sorry to disagree with the first reviewer but in my experience this is definitely not a good messaging phone. At first the product was fine, but after a while the phone would reset itself randomly after I sent a text message. The message would not be sent, and the phone wouldn't save the message either making writing long text messages a risk at times. Having your phone reset once in a while may seem alright once or twice but on some nights it happened as often as 7 times. I also had the screen locking problem mentioned in the other review and it can be a troublesome problem in certain situations. Say you were calling a prospective employer and leaving a voicemail, not being able to hang up can be a serious problem.

I have sent for a replacement phone and the replacement also had the above mentioned problems. I went to the AT&T store so they could factory reset it and the problem still persists.

To summarize
Pros
-Responsive keyboard when other problems don't restrict user input

Cons
-Phone resets sometimes when sending text messages
-Screen locks and you are unable to do anything with the phone sometimes
-Low space for text messaging requires frequent deleting of messages

1.0 out of 5 stars not a good phone, May 24, 2012
This review is from: Pantech Pursuit II Phone, Green (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
Looks and feels cheap, the screen resolution is terrible, touch screen sometimes didn't work right away,sound quality poor, keyboard inconvenient. I returned it after struggling with it for 2 weeks and felt a relief going back to my old Razor. I ordered an LG Expression instead, and it turned out to be so much better than the Pantech!.

3.0 out of 5 stars battry life sticks!!!!!!, November 2, 2011
This review is from: Pantech Pursuit II Phone, Green (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I am charging phone every day and charge doesnt last less than 16 hours. Alos I find the volume needs to be way high in order to hear. NO I don't have a hearing deficit!! Also the touch screen is abit off. I push the "8" and the "0" comes up.
overall the phone is okay. It will do until the next one in 2 years!

2.0 out of 5 stars I truly do not like this phone., September 11, 2014
This review is from: Pantech Pursuit II Phone, Green (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
Let me start by saying... I am not very picky about cell phones - so for me to say that this one irritates me, should tell you something. I picked this one because it one of only a few that didn't require a data plan. I also liked that it offered a slide out keyboard.. .and the green color was kind of nice. I can hear well on it during calls, and others can hear me well. That's about all it has going for it. Camera is grainy, alarm has malfunctioned on more than one occasion, keyboard is practically impossible to use without errors (I have tiny fingers). Over the course of a year, the following things have occurred (regularly):

-Calls don't end when I press end. I always have to push the button about 5 times to make sure it has ended.

-My ear randomly does things. Most recently, it has called a friend of mine several times while I am in mid-conversation with someone else. Luckily, it's a friend who thinks it's funny when it happens and not someone else on my list of contacts. I'm not pushing my ear up hard to the phone either, so I'm not sure how the heck it's happening.

-Battery life continues to go downhill.. and that's only with using the phone for calls and occasional text messages.

If all you're looking for is a basic phone for calls (and very infrequent text messaging), my mom has used the Pantech Breeze flip phones and they seem to work just fine. If you're looking for a quick messaging phone, I'd suggest looking further than the Pursuit ii.

1.0 out of 5 stars Started great, Ended terribly., November 27, 2013
This review is from: Pantech Pursuit II Phone, Green (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
Ok, so in the beginning I liked the phone a lot but after just months of having it, the touch screen began going out on it and became unresponsive at times. Also I had a hard time getting it to begin a text and it would not let me type. It would also not allow me to unlock it without sliding the phone open. Sometimes I would accidently hang up on people trying to pull it out of my pocket. Then just recently the screen messed and everything went pink and purple I could still see images but they became pixelated and the previously mentioned colors. I just switched to the Avail 2 since my upgrade is not ready yet and it is so much nicer in everyway but back to this product it is not worth the time and hassle it will give after you get it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Phone is okay but...., July 11, 2013
This review is from: Pantech Pursuit II Phone, Green (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I bought this phone, seeing a lot of good reviews. Despite them, my phone has some serious issues. It has rebooted itself before, and sometimes I have to reboot it to get it to work. It is easily unlocked. When I put it into sleep mode, it unlocks itself and has been known to butt dial random people, even though it's in my front pocket. It only works with Windows, so I can't load it on my Mac. Sometimes I would send a message and it would immediately say 'Sending Failed'. Most of the time it works okay, but I want a phone that I can rely on.

EDIT- my phone died

4.0 out of 5 stars Works good., January 20, 2015
This review is from: Pantech Pursuit II Phone, Green (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
Replaced my son's old one until his upgrade. Works good.

3.0 out of 5 stars New today..., August 15, 2011
K. Hunt (Michigan, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pantech Pursuit II Phone, Green (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
Only just got the phone today for my middle schooler, so am not really in a position to write a comprehensive review, but I wanted to say that in contrast to dream factory's review, we had no texting problems whatsoever. I like that it lists the texts as part of a conversation. The only issue I notice is a delay in response whenever I hit a menu prompt that asks "Are you sure... YES or NO?" and I'm touching the screen several times before I get a response. I'll give it a few days and report back. My daughter will put it to good use!