Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Pantech Renue, Black (AT&T)
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM

on November 8, 2012
I traded a smart phone to go back to this type phone. I like it's size,manuvering,and the not bulky-big feel of the load in my hand or purse. Clear tone and works well for me.
on May 27, 2013
Recently I sold my iPhone back to AT&T and replaced it with the Renue. The Renue is not a smart phone but I'm finding it does nearly everything I did with my iPhone, with the exception of a few apps.

For someone who wants a phone for messaging and social media this is an excellent option. My data plan with AT&T is even cheaper with this phone.

I really love the opening screen. Pushing the top button gives you the time, a mute slide, phone, messaging, camera and voice buttons plus an unlock that takes you back to your last application. Once you unlock the phone there are 5 main screens you can slide through, each customizable. I like the option for creating and adding bookmarks here for easy access.

The browser is fast and works better in limited internet situations than my iPhone did. I had opportunity to test this recently after an emergency in our county left our cell phone grid overwhelmed. My husband's iPhone flailed when the signal switched to the edge network but my Renue stayed calm and surfed on.

With the Qwerty keyboard I am sending more texts than ever. I find the keys responsive and they have been easy to get used to. It is much easier for me than trying to text from an iPhone touchscreen.

One drawback, however, is the way this phone handles group messages. That is a nightmare and I've not found a good workaround yet. I've added a memory card and maybe that will help keep my phone from locking up with incoming messages. ****UPDATE November 2013: There isn't a way to clear or update T9 dictionary. The only option is to reset and clear the entire phone.****

I do not like the Facebook app from Facebook and much prefer the Facebook that is already installed. The Renue also comes with Twitter installed and that works extremely well. I've created a bookmark to Twitter DM pages and use that to quickly send messages to a few contacts with much less fuss than I got from the iPhone.

Loading music and other files is very easy with the PC Suite software. Just plug in the USB and transfer files. Sound quality is good but there are only 7 levels. 1 is still fairly loud. There is an earphone jack and I think the sound quality is very good.

The phone size and weight are something I'm very happy with; it simply feels good in my hand. I haven't gotten a case for it yet but the back battery cover is grippy and that is a feature I like. The slider is smooth. The screen resolution is not iPhone quality but the camera quality is just as good as my iPhone3 was.

This phone is a great choice for people like me who primarily use their phone for talking, messaging, social media, and an mp3 player. The Renue would be a poor choice for people who use their phone to access multi-media content, video, flash and game.
on September 20, 2013
There are specific features I'd gotten used to on my old LG and Samsung phones, and maybe I got spoiled? I can't block phone numbers (ie: I have a friend who FREQUENTLY dials me by accident by sitting on the phone so it helps to block him, and he can just leave a voicemail, right?) and you have to have SOME kind of data plan (per use) to receive picture and video messages. I also can't forward texts. These are things that were standard on my old phones, but do not appear to be options to even add on this phone.

The touchscreen isn't as insanely sensitive as some suggest - in a month or so of use, I haven't hung up on anyone by touching the phone to my face during a call (though the touchscreen becomes active every few seconds during a call, so you can use the keypad, say, if you were listening to voicemail and wanted to use the menu options). So, maybe it's possible, but not something I've had a problem with. The aspects of the negative reviews here that I was worried about are not problems for me and I can't imagine them being a problem. It's a decent little phone overall, especially if you're looking to skirt a mandatory data plan, but I do wish I'd known about the minor issues I mentioned here before buying, because I might've sought out a different phone from a maker I'm more experienced with so I could have the same expectations instead of finding these surprises.
on July 23, 2013
Plain and simple, slipped on a rock, dropped my Pantech on a rock, opening the case slightly, bounced into the water, sank 3 feet for about a 1/2 minute until it could be retrieved. I could see the lit screen through the water, pulled it out turned it off, dried it off with my shirt. Turned it on a bit later and it works as if nothing has happened... Nice job Pantech!
on June 17, 2013
I get less service in places than I did with my old samsung but lower service was mentioned in some reviews. The keypad is easy to use (i have small fingers) I'm not impressed with the calendar. Camera isn't top shelf but takes decent enough pictures for me. Over all I'm mostly happy with it.
on October 22, 2013
I absolutely loved this phone. It's not a smartphone, which I actually really like about this phone. It's definitely nothing fancy but still has its charm.
The only bad thing about this phone... it doesn't work. I've had it for a month and the battery has been garbage since day one. In the beginning, it would randomly turn off. So annoying. Now, it doesn't turn on AT ALL. I will charge it and it will tell me full battery. Right after I unplug it - won't work at all. Horrible. I really, really, REALLY loved this phone when it did work. AT&T won't do anything about it and neither will Pantech. Amazon wouldn't let me return it after 30 days, so basically just a huge headache and waste of money. Bought an Htc One in the end and couldnt be happier.
on September 16, 2013
Wanted to give zero stars but it wouldn't let me. I thought I was doing something to ease my footprint on the environment by purchasing this phone. Turns out I'm probably spending more through all the charging... This is by far the worst phone I've ever owned and I can't wait to get rid of it. The workmanship is shoddy, the phone gets hot if I talk more than 5 minutes, etc. etc. I was going to limp along for another year but can't do it... Don't buy this phone! And it adds insult to injury that I actually had to pay for it!
on June 21, 2013
This phone is great. I love it it works really well and you can find cute cases . It is hard to text a pic but you can do it. The key board works really well. Over all it is a great phone.
on August 21, 2013
This phone is an unbelievable piece of s***. My first one lasted 15 days and reset more than 20 times/day. Got insured for a second one, which was reliable at first and then the touch screen stopped working. Got insured for a third one and now I'm not able to send texts or calls. DO NOT BUY THIS OR TAKE EVEN IF IT WERE FREE.
on June 7, 2013
PANTECH RENUE...I have had this phone for over 3 months now and i got to say that i was kind of inpressed! I was expecting a normal slidder keyboard nonsmart phone but i was supprized on how much they could fit into a nonsmat phone. For startes its thin even when the keyborad is closed, there a five costonmisable home screens, and they managed to make the phone out of about 70% natural and recycled products! This phone is easy to stream throuhgh contacts, and web. Though the web on this phone is a little slow it is still reliable. The keys on the keypad work great and are very responsive. lf you are a teen and you dont want a smartphone and you love to text then this phone is for you! If you are someone that uses a phone for more buisness terms then maybe not so much. Personaly i think pantech did a great job in making this phone.
I HOPE THIS HELPS YOU!! Good luck in finding a great phone.