4.0 out of 5 stars Cuutee :)
This is a pretty adorable phone. The keys are purple, the sides are purple, and the circle around the camera is purple. I call sometimes but mainly I use my phone for texting. This phone can take abuse because I've dropped it three times and slam the keyboard back if I'm in a hurry.

MESSAGING: The keys (on the keyboard) are very thin. They aren't thick...
Published 23 months ago by annacat

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware of SOS
This phone has an SOS button which can not be locked or disabled, and the PHONE calls 911! My daughter had this phone brand new, for a total of THREE days before I demanded AT&T replace it. On day 2, it called 911 FOUR times. Once when it was sitting on the table! Nobody near it!! Having the police show up 4 times is a bit
embarrassing. Not to mention they were going...
Published 21 months ago by pattyk

4.0 out of 5 stars Cuutee :), February 18, 2013
This review is from: Pantech Swift, Purple (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)

MESSAGING: The keys (on the keyboard) are very thin. They aren't thick whatsoever underneath but I think its easier to text that way. The symbols aren't all on the keys though, you have to hit a symbols button (which is on the keyboard or you can touch it) There are two ways to text. If you don't slide it out, you can text the hard way in my opinion: three letters on one button. If you do slide it out you can text the easier way which is using the keyboard. Also when you use the keyboard it gives you a bigger typing space.

CAMERA/VIDEO: don't expect much. I can barely take a picture that shows up and DON'T even try to record a video. the sound quality is horrible and the picture quality.....you can't even tell what you're recording. I would suggest having an IPod or IPad or something like that to take pictures with, because you can't count on the phone.

AT&T SERVICE: oh let's skip this. they aren't helpful at all so if there's problems.......good luck :/

CALLING: Calling on here actually sounds pretty nice. It's clear most of the time and there are speed dial options to make it faster. You can dial numbers touchscreen or keyboard.

PRELOADED APPS: my AT&T, AppCenter, AppManager, AT&T GPS, Web, YPMobile, Mobile Email, Facebook, AT&T Social Net, MySpace and Twitter. I don't know how well these work because I don't have internet with my plan :(

OVERALL REVIEW: I would've given it 5 stars except that it randomly turns off and then turns back on and the camera/video quality. Otherwise it's very cute and if you're looking for a non-smartphone but still an okay phone, a Pantech Swift is what you should get! :)

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware of SOS, April 18, 2013
This review is from: Pantech Swift, Purple (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
embarrassing. Not to mention they were going to start charging me for 'calling' 911
falsely! I don't recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad for a dumb Quick Messaging phone, June 18, 2013
Ladyjn13 (Granada Hills, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pantech Swift, Purple (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
When I was eligible to get a new phone from AT&T under contract, I picked up an LG Xpression from a local big box retail store. They basically paid me to take it. I did this back in November 2012. Unfortunately the one feature I needed, working with my Ford Sync was a nightmare. Fast forward to last Friday evening, June 14th. I was so fed up and received no help from LG because they blamed everything from the version of the Bluetooth chip they installed, to my contact list, etc. I called a couple of times and received different answers each time.

Fed up and frustrated, I called AT&T to see what they could do to help. Now I don't know if it helps that we have been such a long time customer of theirs, 20 years next February, but help they did. They did an advance replacement for me of a Pantech Swift. I have to say I could not be much happier. It is not a perfect phone but is pretty good for what it is.

Features & Responses from other reviews:
- Camera: works just fine. One needs to take the time to stop moving and take a quality picture. Granted, I've got a good eye and can compensate. I can handhold an SLR to 1 second and still take a clear picture with a short lens.
- sliders, touch screen, and autolock: I disabled the autolock when the backlight turns off and extended the length of time the backlight remains on. Voila! Additionally, I set the touch screen to offer vibration feedback so I know I am actually touching it. I do not seem to have any touch response issues.
- Battery Life: no matter what phone I have, I plug it in at night when I hit the sack. I'd have to report, "No problems here!" Although, I do understand that this requires discipline.
- Factory programed 911 button: for the life of me, I cannot locate this button. There are 3 mechanical buttons on the phone 1) [top right] SCREEN LOCK/ON&OFF this is one button, 2) [bottom of display] CLOSE OPEN PROGRAM, 3) [top left] VOLUME which is actually two buttons up and down.
- Slow processor and Internet speeds: remember, this is not a Smart Phone and laugh all the way to the bank because you have not been suckered into the always connected data pocket bleed.
- Phonebook update issues with Ford Sync: no problems here, new/existing contacts are updated without issue, but slowly.

I do have one complaint, which is why this review is only 4 Stars. This happens to be a quirk with the phone, Ford Sync, and the Phonebook. Synching the phone the first time and downloading the phonebook was flawless, or it seemed that way, until I schedule through the names in my Phonebook. They were all listed by the First Name field, which was blank, not the Nickname field like other phones. All my Phonebook contact we entered with "No Name" for the contact name. I had to retype all my contacts and add change each of these entries.

Other than this one time hassle, I'm please with the phone.

July 6th Update:
I've had this phone almost a month and still love it! I used the AT&T Phonebook to update all my contacts and reloaded them into the phone. All is good and I still cannot locate the Emergency 911 button that other people complain about. Is that on a different model, if such a creator exists? Oh, I purchased a screen protector and purple snap on cover. I really dig this phone, it's sooooo purple.

4.0 out of 5 stars SOS, August 18, 2013
This review is from: Pantech Swift, Purple (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
This phone is awesome. Better than the Pantech Pursuit 2. The only problem that I have with it is calling 911 on accident. It was in my pocket and called 112 and 911 a few minutes later. Even if it's locked it'll still call. For people carrying it in their pocket beware. Just pug it in a purse or turn it off. Other than that I love it!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect entry level phone for kids who just want to text, June 25, 2014
K "Drew" (Back East, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pantech Swift, Purple (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
Why pay for a smartphone when your young child just wants to text their friends. This works great. Small, simple, easy to use. My child had no issues with the phone for over 2 years. Some reviews may be slightly poorly written. Good luck!

4.0 out of 5 stars Ehhh, February 26, 2014
This review is from: Pantech Swift, Purple (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
My phone screen cracked today I am surprised it even lasted this long lol Its a great phone but I was really rough with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this phone, August 18, 2014
This review is from: Pantech Swift, Purple (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I love this phone. The price is right, It makes calls and can be heard just fine. I do not want to pay for the extra charges of an i-phone so with AT&T I only pay $45.00/month with this phone and get internet and FB etc for that price along with unlimited calls and txting. This phone is perfect for those of us who can't quite fit our fingers on the touch screen to txt with. the QWERTY slid out keyboard is great cause the keys are raised just enough to tell you're hitting them. this phone is cute but that's not why I love it. I have had my grandson chew on it, dropped it in water more than once and it's been tossed around a lot and it still works just fine. I'm actually going to purchase a couple more so that when it does finally wear out I'll have replacements.

1.0 out of 5 stars The phone was delivered on time and in good shape. I took it to AT&T to have ..., October 27, 2014
This review is from: Pantech Swift, Purple (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
The phone was delivered on time and in good shape. I took it to AT&T to have them put my broken phone SIM card in the used phone I had just purchased. Found that the used phone had all the previous owner's info in it and she happened to be a Witch. My wife was afraid that the phone was cursed and made throw it away!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a well thought out device, November 12, 2013
chrisser (monkeyville USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pantech Swift, Purple (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
My company purchasd this phone for me without my input. I wanted a text capable phone with a built in keyboard. I suppose this device satisfies that requirement but...

#1 Lavender? I'm as confident of my manhood as the next guy, but this is the only item in my posession that is purple. At least it isn't pink, I suppose.

#2 Lock/unlock. I keep my phone in my back pocket. I thought the lock/unlock feature was great, until I started pocket dialing people. Turns out that if you slide the keyboard, it also unlocks the phone. Well, guess what happens when the phone's in your back pocket? The keyboard slides, the phone unlocks, and pocket dialing hilarity ensues.

#3 Password protection. I thought the solution to the lock/unlock button would be to turn on the password feature. Except some genius decided to put the SOS button right there on the password input screen. So now instead of pocket dialing my contacts, I'm pocket dialing 911. Genius, sheer genius.

What's ironic is you have to hit something like four keystrokes to delete a stupid text message, but dialing 911 can be accomplished inadvertently with your posterior. Who decided we needed to be triple-sure we didn't delete a text message by mistake, but sending emergency services on fool's errands by mistake is just peachy? Is this actually considered a feature?

#4 The menu system. Would a little customization be all that hard to provide? Most of the icons go to Internet-based (and thus data plan required) services. You should be able to disable icons on the menu for things you don't want, or at least move them around.

#5 Quasi unlocking. I haven't quite figured the details of this one out, but if your phone is locked and you get a voicemail or text, you can click those notification icons and get into some sort of quasi-unlocked state where you can move around and initiate a new call/text, but the phone is still locked, so you'll have to unlock it to proceed. That would be annoying in itself, now add in the password feature and you're unlocking/entering the password mutiple times in the course of listening to a voice mail or reading a text. It's really nuts.

Phone quality is fine. Keyboard would be better if it didn't make different sounds depending on what keys you hit, but otherwise usable.

Overall, if I had a choice (which I unfortunately do not), I would not choose this phone. 10 or 15 years ago, I might have overlooked the quirks, but not today. I suspect many of these issues could be solved with a software update, but my searching indicates there isn't one on the horizon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, September 30, 2014