Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon The Jayhawks Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing DOTD

on August 16, 2011
To have one of these fanbooks is a must if you are a graphic designer. Gives a breakdown in cmyk to a pantone color. I had an old one that went back years, thinking it would suffice, but once I got this new one, I realized there was a big difference: in colour matching, in the whole rgb/cmyk thing. Get one! Note you should do your research on the pantone website. I use Illustrator and was confused by the different swatch books in the dropdown menu. The colour bridge actually replaces the outdated Pantone U and C swatch options that appear in Illustrator CS5. Illustrator CS5 also has color bridge Pantone colors as a swatch option.
Rated it just a 4 because it is a little confusing, although there are some explanatory notes in the fanbook itself.
on March 12, 2013
I use Pantone every day as it's the only game in town. Until "plus" I had few issues, other than the ridiculous price-and the "slight" color adjustments they've made to many colors a few years ago, the system worked well. That changed with "Plus". What I don't get is why they would completely mix up the numbering so the colors are in correct categories-for everyone. So now an index is needed, taking more time (does anyone from pantone actually work or ask professionals if they have time to mess around with this)? Hey Pantone-why not provide the option of either or??? Produce books categorized by color and another set by numbers-and let the designers use the color categorized books and the print professionals the number categorized books. In case you need this clue-do the same with the color chip books too.
on April 20, 2012
The paper that these were printed on is such low quality. As a printer I know this only costs them a couple bucks at the very most--- yet they can get away charging ridiculous prices because Pantone is the standard in our industry.

I will say though, I do like that this set includes the CMYK breakdown as well. This is helpful.
on October 5, 2014
Flimsy but a must have for a designer. The old set was sturdy paper this one is so delicate it can barely hold up to normal use. But is a designer "got to have" so what is one to do? Buy it anyway!
on April 27, 2012
I have always used Pantone solid or coated books and finally needed a more consistent "system" for color conversions than photoshop.

My disappointment is that these color books don't provide a simple linear color conversion. The color numbers from pantone jump all over the place and are no longer numerically chronological. That is quite unexpected, but i am sure there is some greater logic here. However, if you're looking for a simple system to convert pantone colors to cmyk etc - be prepared to jump around the book and see a system that is far from intuitive, and perhaps even be missing some of the pantone colors ( i think, as I said the book is not chronological so I am not sure if all the colors are there or what).
on July 9, 2012
Every graphic designer must be used this reference book to select colors on coated paper or uncoated paper, this is a very good reference because show the pantone color number, CMYK, RGB and HTML values for a better job
on July 22, 2012
This is a must have product. It's true that the paper is thinner, and since we have no other choice in this category, we have to accept it. Just have to be extra careful with the books. Otherwise, it's a valuable resource.
on December 1, 2011
The "ink" wasn't dry on my order yet when it was delivered to my door...in Australia! Came in a week...from America! In perfect condition! A lot of exclamation marks, I know, but I was pleasantly surprised to see the delivery guy at my door a couple of weeks before expected.

Whilst Pantone guides are expensive, they're an invaluable component in a graphic designer's toolkit. By purchasing through Amazon in the U.S. I saved over $100, even with the delivery costs added.

Cheers Universal Mania and Amazon!
(I do love exclamation marks!!)

Pantone Plus Series GP4002 COLOR BRIDGE Coated & Uncoated, Two-Guide Set
on April 22, 2012
Great product, the only downside was the registration code did not work on the Pantone website. Pantone has made me go through a drawn out process which included me taking photos of both books and emailing them to the company. To conclude, my books are still not registered. Apparently there is a batch of books with registration codes that aren't on record due to Pantones error.
on May 16, 2011
I bought the color bridge to assist me in purchasing t-shirts and other promotional products for our community blood center. It arrived quickly and in good shape. I have no complaints other than this type of product sure is expensive!