Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on March 16, 2015
Greetings to whomever is reading, I hope you are well. I wanted to create a review once a year has passed to provide information on the performance of these pens from Paper Mate.

When I first obtained the pens in the previous year of this month, I did experience a problem where two of the pens (Green, Aquamarine and Magenta) have leaked ink from the nib while writing. Aside from that issue, the pens write well and display a beautiful color on various surfaces. The rubber material aids in holding the pen with comfort and ease.

During this year, I have noticed two pens have leaked inside the casing (I will upload images to display those pens, along with how they write for me on paper.) The amount of ink that has leaked around the Orange pen's casing has stalled the pen's tip from protruding when I want to use. I am planning to contact the company and asked is this suppose to occur as time progress.

I still currently use the pens and enjoy using them for creative uses. As to whether I would recommend to others, I am currently undecided on this due to the minor problems I have experienced. I hope my review has been helpful to whomever is reading, you can ask questions regarding the product if you are interested. Have a good day.
review image review image review image review image
22 comments| 109 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 26, 2013
I love pens. I like to find the perfect pen. I once did, but they were only available through a pen printing company and wholesale, but I had to buy a minimum of 400. Luckily I work for a company that uses them for promotional items, because I bought 400 pens just because I liked how it wrote.

So now you know I'm serious.

When I saw the commercial for InkJoy Pens, with the colorful pens gliding all over the place, it was beautiful. It was like pen heaven. I had to have these pens. Perfect writing, they said. Smooth, flowing ink without a hitch. So I bought them. They were an add on item for Amazon Prime, so I had to wait to buy something else just to get them. I waited two long days.

I got the pens. Look how pretty in their package. All colorful! And the grips... they looked comfy!

I turned the package over and it mentioned how you had to remove the ball of wax from the tip. Often this shows quality. Much like the pens I ordered 400 of.

So I clicked the retractable pen, flicked the wax off, and began to write. Wait. These are just like BiC pens. It's not like cutting a hot knife through chilled butter... It was just... scratchy. And the ink skipped. And it had track marks through the lines. So I decided to try another one. Ah yes, aquamarine... surely you won't be a let down. Same. Magenta; Same. Orange; Same. Green.... WORSE! And so I decided maybe I need to actually write-write with them, you know instead of making scribbly circles and half writing your name. So I turned the paper, decided to write my to do list for work. I'll put the date in magenta. Ah, that's not so bad. The title of my to do list, in purple. Ok, that wasn't too bad. It skipped a little, that's ok, I see multiple colors on my paper and I got excited about it! First item, aquamarine. Kinda scratchy. Why pens, why?

Then I decided to write my sub-bulleted list under that item in green. And as I got on the third word, the pen stopped. It just stopped with ink... So I did that scribble thing on the side of the notebook as one does to get it going. No ink. Gave it a lick. No ink. Then scribbled really hard to the point where it went through a few pages.

I took a moment and realized, there is no InkJoy here. Corporate marketing got me once again.

Two stars for the pretty colors. But seriously, don't buy these pens. Paper Mate, you should be ashamed of yourself for allowing such a product for leaving your factory doors. You indeed are part of the Pen Fifteen club.
2525 comments| 325 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 12, 2011
The black, blue, red, and green are all what you'd expect from any pen (although the red seems particularly vibrant to me). The other colors are all dark enough to be read, even the orange, so I can use every single pen in this pack for my notes. Each pen comes with a wax coat over the ball point so that the ink won't dry out before you receive them. All the pens worked right away without having to scribble all over a piece of paper, so I'm quite satisfied. I'm looking forward to making my class notes colorful and interesting.

Update: Two years later, these pens are still working. However, if you try to write more than a sentence at one time, they go dry. If you wait a few seconds they'll start writing again, though. Good for underlining and circling notes, but no good for actually taking them. For this reason, I tossed out the black pen but still use the colored ones.
on January 6, 2013
I really wanted to like these pens as I love all the colors. BUT...They blob and leak. Pretty useless. Very cheap pens....and Oh, I called Paper Mate's customer service to tell them and they didn't seem to care at all. Waste of money!
on December 20, 2014
I bought the 8 pack. You can't beat the price and it's free shipping.

The colors are great. They are not light. Easy to write and clean lines.

I like the clicker pens because I always lose the pen cap. These pens are fitted my need.

The metal clip engraved with two hearts. Cool!
review image
on June 1, 2014
Wow, are these pens bad. Not only did every single pen in the package leak and leave blots from the first use, the tops and bottoms of two of the pens unscrewed themselves after only a few hours in my purse. I got these at a very nice price and am wondering if they were priced so low because they were faulty. I've never had issues with Paper Mate pens before.
on January 18, 2015
These pens are nice pens BUT they do not work with the spirograph that they are offered as an add on with. I wanted pens to supplement the spirograph I bought my niece for Christmas and assumed that these pens would work with the spirograph as they were offered with it BUT they DO NOT. I was not very please to find this out on Christmas morning when my niece tried to use them. However, she loves just drawing with them and they work well for drawing. Just unfortunate they don't work with what I intended.
VINE VOICEon January 18, 2012
Size: 8-Pack|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I have always loved using colored ink. So, I was excited to try these out. The pens I received look exactly like the picture Amazon has posted. The pens are a nice range of colors and work beautifully for crafts and writing in journals.

These Paper mate pens are cheaply priced, so I was afraid that they would not write smoothly. I had nothing to worry about. After removing the wax protective covering, the pen worked right away. Not only did it write smoothly, but I noticed that the ink comes out in the perfect amount. Some colored pens have too much ink to come out and they result in ugly smears. You do not have to worry about that with these pens. After a few seconds the ink is dry and will not smear.

The pens themselves are click pens and are comfortable with a soft grip. I have been using most of the colors for about 3 weeks now and I have not encountered any problems. I would definitely recommend them and you can't beat the current price.
on June 20, 2013
Colors are pretty, clicker works ok. The plastic tip is thick and blunt, and the pen tip doesn't protrude very far from the barrel. I sometimes get the feeling I'm writing with my eyes closed as I can't exactly see the tip of the pen on the paper. That creates a big dislike for these otherwise acceptable pens.
review image
on October 24, 2013
I admit it, I'm a pen junkie. But these pens are too junky for me. Three of the pens had leaked around their protective wax balls and created such a mess inside the barrel that they would not click out and I had to dismantle them and wash them before they could be used. Taking the wax balls off of the whole set left my hands covered with ink. YUCK!

Because of this gunky ink half of the pens would not write immediately and had to be cleaned a lot. The ink does NOT flow smoothly over the page, it scrapes over the page and I often have to trace back over letters that have been skipped. Little blobs of ink are often left on the sharp curves of letters, too.

About half of the pens don't click well. They get stuck in the out position or they click out but don't lock into place so writing with them causes the tip to retract suddenly.

PRETTY COLORS suck you in to this product. Don't be a sucker. Buy some other pens.