Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Paper Mate Profile Retractable Ballpoint Pens, 12-Pack, Black Ink (89465)
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Size: 12-Pack-Ballpoint|Color: Black|Change

VINE VOICEon March 26, 2011
These pens are absolutely the best pens I've ever used and I now use no other pens but these. I write a lot of books as a hobby and usually my hand gets tired quickly with ordinary pens because you have to use more force to get them to write. These Profile pens glide across the page and write smoothly every time. Also, you never have to scratch them on something to get them to work - they write the first time, every time. Additionally, there's no cap to use since it's retractable, preventing it from drying out. The price for these was great for a 12 pack since buying them at the store for a pack of 2 is close to $4, so these were a great bargain for price and quality.
11 comment|95 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 21, 2012
To start off, I want to let everybody know that I write with my left hand. Yes, I am a lefty. A lot of people who write with their right hand don't understand that it's tough for a lefty to get the right pen. Righty's obviously have a completely different writing style than us lefty's! Getting to the point, this is the only pen I ever use now. This is one of the easiest pens for me to use, and the way it writes is extremely smooth. I don't have to worry about getting the ink of my pinky finger that every left dreads because we drag our hand across the writing surface-the ink dries fast enough so that doesn't happen. I am sure that this pen is great for everybody, both lefty's and righty's because ever since I started using them, a whole bunch of people at my school now have them! By far, this is the best pen ever. I highly recommend it to you, and to all lefty's for that matter! Only downside is that it runs out of ink pretty quickly if your a lefty, don't ask me why, I don't know, but I don't care because of how awesome the pen is. While writing this review, I can't believe how much I am saying about a pen. I got a ton of them on Amazon for less than $15.00 Bought three boxes at one time!
on March 2, 2012
I just bought a pack of these at Staples for $1 or two less than here on Amazon. These pens are the bees knees for me. It was a quick sale because I'd already enjoyed the black versions of these pens, but when I saw this colorful pack I was sold. Bubbly colors, even the green writes smooth and true unlike many other green ballpoints that show up sort of sick, streaky, and washed out on the paper. Magenta is just a little pinker than magenta, but still pretty magenta. All the colors lay out just right, brown is brown, navy is navy and orange is orange. The lines always look substantial and not ballpoint anemic, but they're still ballpoint! I loved that the basic 3 colors were included too, so no need to buy a separate pack of those. They have a tendency sometimes to collect extra ink around the tip like the gelly pens, but a quick tap or swipe on some scrap paper gets the gob off easy, and the gob looks kinda cute if you leave it and use it somewhere in what you're writing or drawing. I use it to build up my capital letters and make them bolder, but to some it might be annoying.

Love these smooooooooth pens.
on December 28, 2010
About 5 years ago I had surgery on all the fingers in both my hands and have since then found it difficult to write for long periods of time. I have tried numerous pens to find one that is comfortable to hold and easy to write with since my job requires that I write a lot and typically for extended periods of time, I found these pens at the Atlanta Airport, of all places, and find that the grip on them is thick enough that I can hold it and yet thin enough that I don't feel as though I have a gigantic pen in my hand. Besides the grip being perfect, the ink also comes out easily, more like a gel pen instead of a ballpoint, and they last for a long time! Typically if I can make a pen last for a month it's close to a miracle, these last on average a month and a half for me, if I use the same exact pen everyday. I HIGHLY recommend these pens to anyone, especially for people with difficulty holding things.
on February 20, 2012
I don't remember the exact price I paid for these when I got them, but it was a really good savings. These are my favorite pen because of how bold they write. They're really nice and thick on the paper, but, if carefully used, they can make delicate pen sketches as well (as long as you keep a paper towel nearby to collect the ink that builds up if you choose to draw with these). I even have one of them setting next to my laptop as I write this review. The added colors that this set has is fantastic! I love all the colors offered in this!

I would not recommend this product to:

people who like gel pens
people who prefer pencils so they can erase mistakes
people who like thin point pens
i tried these pens based on the reviews here. overall, it's a good pen. however, i write fairly small so i found the 1.4 point thickness a little difficult to work with at times. i really wish it also came in 1.0 point too since i love everything else about the pen... the build, the handle, and the ink flow.
on June 13, 2011
These ballpoint pens have a larger tip, so they are bolder than normal pens. Usually light colors are difficult to read, but the orange and pink are are clear and legible. The ink is so incredibly smooth, it's such a pleasure to write with them. This is the fourth pack I have purchased.
on January 4, 2010
I like this pen very much and find myself searching for this exact pen when I need to replace my pens. I like the 1.4 mm point because it makes a bold ball point line that looks close to a fountain pen type of line. It writes easily and smoothly on all kinds of paper textures. This is important to me because I spend a lot of time handwriting on charts and hospital records so fatigue is an issue. Only downside is that the ink does tend to run out sooner than most ballpoint pens and towards the end of its life, it gets a little goopy so you might get inkspots on your paper which is why it gets 4 instead of 5 stars. However, if you're like me, you're more likely to lose your pens before they run out of ink so it's seldom an issue.
on May 2, 2015
Very disappointed in these pens. They do not write nicely and the ink does not comes out smoothly.
review image
on August 12, 2007
I get so tired of blue, red and black ink - and the gel pens are OK but sometimes you just want a pen that has a good flow to it. These are it! I take these pens every where with me - great for doodling during those long meetings, they are better than highlighters for some things. But if you like college ruled or narrow ruled paper - these might be a bit difficult to use.