5.0 out of 5 stars This book will be your best friend, February 26, 2004
By A Customer
I loved this book.
Ellen Goodman is smart, funny, wise, centered and totally in this world -- which makes her the perfect person to help us through the maze of modern life. If you already know and adore her column, this new collection will once again make you laugh and cry and nod your head in agreement. She understands us, and our world, and makes it all make sense.
If you don't know her columns, this is a perfect introduction to her very sensible take on everything from babies to bombs, from political candidates to sexual stimulants. I bet you'll feel exactly the way I did: that someone very close was sitting in my living room and talking just to me.
A must-read for everyone -- especially women.

5.0 out of 5 stars captivating catch-up, February 27, 2004
This review is from: Paper Trail: Common Sense in Uncommon Times (Hardcover)
Goodman's brilliant insights are as fresh and needed now as the day they were written. This collection of her columns provides a captivating review of the major events of the past years that makes it hard to put down before reading just one more column. The topics chosen recognize that events have changed us in the past decade, yet many fundamental questions concerning our country, our families and our lives remain "unanswered." These questions require the kind of careful, humourful reflection that Goodman offers.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is a extra special treat, April 28, 2004
This review is from: Paper Trail: Common Sense in Uncommon Times (Hardcover)
I love Ellen Goodman's columns so this book is an extra special treat for me. It's so nice to have them all in one place other than cut out of the newspaper and stuck to the refrigerator door.
A must read! Debbie Farmer, parenting columnist and author of 'Don't put Lipstick on the Cat!'

Paper Trail: Common Sense in Uncommon Times
Paper Trail: Common Sense in Uncommon Times by Ellen Goodman (Hardcover - February 17, 2004)
Used & New from: $0.01