Paperback more expensive than Hardcover??

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 7, 2009 7:43:25 AM PDT
PLooB says:
So the price of Market Wizards:

paperback $13.26
hardcover $12.21

I thought hardcover is always more expensive than paperback?

Posted on Sep 4, 2010 11:13:50 PM PDT
Pablo Ambram says:
i see this trend in many many books here in Amazon... especially used books. I am trying to figure it out too...

Posted on Jan 16, 2011 4:29:59 PM PST
check out brandon sanderson's "the way of kings". Hardcovers cost $14 but the paperback runs at $24!

Posted on Jan 10, 2013 12:14:50 PM PST
W. A. Wood says:
paperbacks are lighter... they fit into purses and backpockets... they get beaten up and worn. Hardcover books are not mobile. They belong on a bookshelf or library. The more "elegant" the book, the more the book is "bookshelf-worthy", then the better the chances are that the hardcover will be pricier. If it's a book made for convenient reading then the paperback has a higher market value.

Encylopaedia Britannica... Charles Dickens complete works... Alexis deTocqueville's Democracy in America... Adam Smith's Wealth of Nations.. collectible hardcover editions will be worth way more than the paperbacks!

Posted on Jan 26, 2013 5:07:11 AM PST
C. Taylor says:
Someone help me understand this one. This book sells used paperback from $89-$400+Sex in the South: Unbuckling the Bible Belt....yet, you can pick up the hard copy for only a few bucks. It blew me away, and I can't figure it out. I just heard it mentioned on a Dr. Phil rerun on OWN and thought it would be a laugh. Now, I'm perplexed.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Jul 7, 2009
Latest post:  Jan 26, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Market Wizards: Interviews with Top Traders
Market Wizards: Interviews with Top Traders by Jack D. Schwager (Paperback - Aug. 1990)
4.5 out of 5 stars   (206)