5.0 out of 5 stars fun, inspiring book
This is a great book which shows you one style of paper cutting. Claudia Hopf cuts beautiful cuttings in a German style, painting or coloring many of her pieces after she cuts. If you would like to get started in this style of paper cutting, the book offeres lots of information and patterns, as well as much inspiration.
Published on September 6, 2007 by B. Stoop

3.0 out of 5 stars Tea and Scissors?
A more folk art than technical art of cutting. The illustrations and examples as well as the templates make this great for the crafter - more serious techniques need to be searched out elsewhere.
Published 9 months ago by Kathleen Willoughby

5.0 out of 5 stars fun, inspiring book, September 6, 2007
B. Stoop (Greenville, SC USA) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Papercutting, May 18, 2008
This is a very good "how to" book. It has everything from the very simple to the more difficult patterns in it. I am very pleased with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Claudia Hopf papercutting book, December 23, 2007
I have been making papercuttings for over twenty years and I highly recommend the Claudia Hopf book, Papercutting: Tips, Tools, and Techniques for Learning the Craft. This book is a must for papercutters. The photos and patterns are wonderful !!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great resource for novice paper-cutter, February 25, 2010
I'd never done papercut before and found this book very helpful. I was able to start trying techniques quickly. It has example papercuts to try, from easy to very complex. It shows papercut examples from different cultures, as well. I recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Papercutting: Tips, Tools, and Techniques for Learning the Craft, November 2, 2007
Papercutting is one of my all time favorites and this book with Claudia Hopf's complete instructions, tips, and beautiful patterns is a Must! Great book and I highly recommend it.
S. Strong

5.0 out of 5 stars First time Paper Cutting, September 28, 2011
This review is from: Papercutting: Tips, Tools, and Techniques for Learning the Craft (Paperback)
Thrilled to open each page and to see wonderful patterns to use for a medley of possible Paper Cutting projects. It will add to my collection of items to refer to for future projects. I am happy to have ordered this item from the good folks at Amazon for doing an excellent job.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Papercutting Book, January 31, 2014
I bought this book out of curiosity. I do a lot of hobbies and enjoy doing paper sculpture. Frankly I didn't expect that I would do more with this book than read the history section. After reading the instructions for Scherenschnitte and seeing the projects I decided to do the cover example, I was hooked! This has become a fun and relaxing hobby and I have made at least one Scherenschnitte a day. Here I must admit that I have done professional paste up work in the past. The patterns in the book are full sized but to start I enlarged them to 115% to make them easier and so I could just use scissors. The projects are simple to complex and there are many subjects. The book includes tiny Easter designs to put on eggs, Christmas cuttings and even a unicorn in a glade. If you do decide to take up Scherenschnitte I recommend using a stencil knife. A stencil knife is a craft cutting tool with a pen shaped body, much easier to use. The author has written many books and has a pattern book called "Papercutting Pattern Book: 275 Original Designs" by Claudia Hopf. I do not have this book yet but Amazon has a look inside feature for it. I hope you find this review helpful.

4.0 out of 5 stars Suz, September 9, 2012
This is a great resource for appplique quilters! Fun designs to adapt to fabric - give it a try! The line quality is great to trace as needed for your project.

5.0 out of 5 stars The world according to Polly, July 25, 2013
This book tells it all. From the tools that you need to the paper and how to purchase it for your projects. I got it for my Granddaughter and then set about collecting the tools for her to make a paper cutting kit for her. I have also free handed some patterns for her. Once you get going the ideas just rain down on your brain and you are hooked. We will enjoy this well printed and informative book. I greatly admire the writer and the way she has put it togerher so that almost anyone can enjoy the craft. And hand made things are just as precious today as they were many years ago. This is a fine place to start and an easy book to understand. It is great for all ages.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice history of papercutting, July 12, 2014
Nice history of papercutting, but not that practical or functional for the crafter searching for actual patterns to use. I found the small pattern books more valuable to me in trying to further my mastery of the Scherenschnitte craft. (See American Collection of Scherenschnitte)

Papercutting: Tips, Tools, and Techniques for Learning the Craft
Papercutting: Tips, Tools, and Techniques for Learning the Craft by Claudia Hopf (Paperback - December 30, 2010)
$19.95 $15.47