Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

on November 5, 2011
I knew this was RedOne behind the board here, man... I just KNEW it. It's getting to seem like everything truly excellent (and new) in production these days is coming from RedOne -- and his creativity behind the board is on full display, here. RedOne isn't playing around anymore, that much is for sure: he's hunting for some monumentally massive numbers within the industry, and by the sound of this, he's going to get them.

Random thoughts:

1. I love the atmospherics "pushing" the song here. Long a feature in Euro-trance, I have wondered for ages when somebody would grab the concept and knock a single out of the ballpark with it on the US chart. Call this "propulsive house" if you like, but there's a bit of "propulsive mariachi" at work here as well, if you ask me. I don't know if there's even such a thing as "propulsive mariachi," but if there is, then THIS is what it sounds like; I honestly thought this might break into 9/10th's time and go into a "flamenco house" at the break (there's no such thing as THAT either, but hey, feel free to sue me if it makes you feel any better). Using the synths as practically a separate drum track is LONG-overdue for use in a mass-market US single; this really should have preceded ON THE FLOOR in the initial push at radio for the album (it is slower, though... my ears have it at 120 BPM, while ON THE FLOOR strikes me as 130-ish (BPM)). I can kinda tell that you wanted to use higher-pitched tones for the bass-line here, while using the low end for traditionally higher-pitched melodic elements -- but I'll be damned if I can point to just where I think I hear that. One of these days you're gonna reverse them for real, and it's gonna be a MONSTER in club-land.

2. Lopez's voice here is in fine form -- she sounds, to me, sharper... almost as if she's naturally in F (which she ain't). A part of that, of course, comes from the contrast against the key used here: my ears have this in E (minor), so Lopez here sounds sharper (by comparison); still, what I think I hear from her does sound true -- i.e., it wasn't done electronically... she does, simply, sound better... is what I'm trying to say. The vox here are sharp, energetic, and focused. RedOne is not only an Einstein behind the board, but he also gets the best, vocally, from Lopez (in my opinion, anyhow) in a good long while.

3. All the usual good stuff applies, here: it's totally club-ready as-is, ringtones galore can be heard within it, and the re-mix potential is BEYOND massive. The (rapidly growing) Latin market is properly nailed (singing a few lines in Spanish towards the end feels absolutely correct), while the record still maintains a solidly mainstream US focii. I love the mariachi-sounding keys... and yeah, I know I already said that. The hook is ROYAL, man... the chorus is an instant earworm. The final result is MAJESTIC.

Props, RedOne.

You brought out the best from the talent in front of you, and it's really a truly exceptional record. This is what a producer is supposed to be, folks: RedOne, YOU TOOK LOPEZ TO A PLACE WHERE SHE EXCEEDED HERSELF.

5 stars, all around.

Simply beyond massive.
on December 10, 2011
she is so sexi and the song is great i like it i would like to have more songs from this new cd
on September 27, 2011
Jennifer Lopez kicks ass with this club banging song,I love it!It is on her "Love" CD and it a great CD and must buy if you have not got it yet, also "Papi" remixes are amazing, rather than just download "Papi" single, I say download "Papi" remixes or buy JLO "Love" deluxe CD you will love it!!!
on May 17, 2013
this is a hot song, i really enjoy running to it, thanks I love it, I will order more songs
on May 25, 2011
I haven't given Jennifer's new album a listen-through, but from what I have heard it is a rather mixed bag. If so, I don't think Lopez has much to sweat if there's more than one song even close to this one.

The opening to this is just a marvelous barrage of powered up synths that leads to a rapid fire beat, followed by Jennifer's party-ready (albeit unremarkable) vocals. She really just exists in this song to deliver the lyrics, which she does well. What really makes this song so good is the meaty backbone of a beat. I'm unsure why Jennifer's handlers would choose 'I'm Into You' over this as the next single, but this should definitely be the choice for third single. This is likely what 'On the Floor' could have sounded like given a bit more time and no Pitbull.

'Love?' may not be a solid choice for an album, but it seems to have a few gems buried on it. This is the pinnacle of such, worthy of download and ready for a party.
on March 16, 2015
good exercise music
on January 27, 2016
great
on December 23, 2015
Good.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
There is no question that Jennifer Lopez has had a lot of highs and lows with her career and her personal life. With her personally though, her love life has been destroyed again with her breakup with Marc Anthony, but her work on American Idol has been supreme with a new decade of fans. Musically though, it has been a lackluster thrive in her songs. Papi, the third single from her lackluster Love? album. I really felt that the song was more like a throwback to the rhythms of her 2000 J. Lo record, and not really as strong as she could've brought it out to be. I think she needs to find better from her own voice, and hopefully come back singing with something absolutely amazing.

Song: D