4.0 out of 5 stars In dreams
It's no secret amongst fans of intelligent, adult sci-fi that some of the best genre films these days aren't originating from Hollywood, but rather from the masters of Japanese anime. Films like "Akira " and "Ghost in the Shell" display a quality of writing and visual imagination that few "live action" productions (post "Blade Runner") can touch.

One of the...
Published on September 26, 2007 by D. Hartley

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Art Style, Complex Story, Nice Concept
Paprika
Before I decided to watch this movie, I had heard a lot of hype about how good it would be. People were talking about this like it would be the best thing I have ever watched. It wasn't; it wasn't even close. This movie has a decent plot and art style. However, you never really care about the characters or feel like they are ever in any real danger...
Published on August 16, 2008 by KlownArt

‹ Previous | 111 12 1323 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous, original, and beautiful, August 10, 2013
This is a great example of Japanese film-making. I'd put it on par with Hayao Miyazaki's films, just aimed at a more mature audience. The animation is gorgeous, and the dream sequences were very original. I love how one dream in particular becomes quite terrifying in its insanity, even though there's nothing really 'scary' about it.

Regarding the plot, don't try to understand it completely. Like many Japanese films, not everything makes perfect sense to us Westerners; I'm sure some of it is lost in translation, but also in Japanese culture, it's not as important to give all the details to the audience. Usually they're left to use their imagination to fill in the gaps or resolve the contradictions.

And what a surprise at the end! I bet you didn't see that coming, but I won't spoil it...

5.0 out of 5 stars Oustanding, August 10, 2013
Amazon Customer (Cape Canaveral, FL) - See all my reviews
Great story, animation and ideas. Loved the entire concept and execution. I wasn't disappointed. Was recommended many times. Don't know what took Mesopotamia long.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great movie, July 22, 2013
Jose G. Trejo (Wichita Falls, Texas, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Paprika [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
It is a good movie, watch it online and knew I wanted it. So it was a good match the price for Blu-ray. It arrive on time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing feature, July 14, 2013
This review is from: Paprika (DVD)
Paprika is one of those animated films that keeps getting better every time you watched it. I recommended buying it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Anime is everything Holywood movies are not, June 28, 2013
This review is from: Paprika [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
What you will not encounter in this movie:

- Stupid conversations
- Non-sense action scenes
- Predictable development and ending

A must watch for everyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars super cool, March 22, 2013
This review is from: Paprika (DVD)
This movie is super awesome. If i say anything about this movie it would spoil the movie. But this movie is super awesome. It keeps you guessing and guessing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Movie!!, February 18, 2013
I loved anime, specially anime movies that make you think. This one does that, makes you question the nature of reality, the place of technology, and the responsible use of it al while entertaining you. I am giving it a four because I saw the version with subtitles instead of the English version, I had to keep pausing to ensure I read and understood everything.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic movie, February 6, 2013
This is an absolutely fantastic movie. I would highly recommend it to any fans of anime or Japanese movies in general.

5.0 out of 5 stars Where the real life ends?, and, where the dreams starts?, October 28, 2012
This review is from: Paprika (DVD)
I love it, because probably the greatest ideas of the humanity starts like a dream, if we can travel to this border and understand how the humans dream, maybe we can improve this world, but certainly it's possible to use for a non good reasons.

4.0 out of 5 stars "Odds and sods.", September 8, 2012
This review is from: Paprika (DVD)
Dreams and reality merge when someone steals the DC Mini and seeks to control the world. The DC Mini is an invention that would supposedly help the psychiatric profession by allowing doctors access to the dreams of their patients. Whether or not you believe in dream therapy is a whole other matter.
I have to say this is one of the weirdest animated features I've ever seen and that's a good thing. It is beyond bizarre; it's a trippy psychedelic funfest of strange images and an even stranger concept: a dream invasion. Some of the imagery involved is disturbing, some just frantic and fun; it's an odd mix that conjures up many strange possibilities. This is a film destined for multiple viewings.

‹ Previous | 111 12 1323 | Next ›

Paprika
Paprika by Satoshi Kon (DVD - 2007)
$14.99 $9.73