Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: ParaNorman: A Novel Extended Free Preview
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on July 17, 2012
I looked forward to reading this story and I was not disappointed. I will certainly look for more "Paranorman" so my children can also enjoy this wonderfully written character and everyone in his world.
on November 18, 2015
paranorman a novel by elizabeth cody kimmel - wonderfull one of my favorites to read - i know i know why am i reading kids book -it was free and i have nephews who like me to read to them - this is great to read to little kids funny and weird and - i dont want to spoil it - the end is really good thats all i will say - and this no matter how strange you are to others just be your self and it will turn out all right in the end.
on October 18, 2015
My God daughter and I listened to the book on a short trip. We both enjoyed visualizing the details of the book and recalling scenes from the movie. We also giggled at new areas not in the movie. Just plan good Halloween fun!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon December 27, 2014
Elizabeth Cody Kimmel is best known for her "Suddenly Supernatural" series, which is now up to Volume four. That series features a young girl who can see ghosts and who is often called upon to right wrongs on behalf of her ghosty visitors. So, I guess it was a natural choice for Kimmel to undertake the ParaNorman novel. She brings the same sly wit and mix of fun and adventure and age appropriate menace to this project.

As we find out early on Norman can see and communicate with ghosts. He's comfortable with that and with who he is, but family, classmates and neighbors aren't so open, and so he leads a lonely and often bullied life. Luckily, Norman forms a friendship with another outcast kid just as the ghost threat action picks up, so we get to switch gears to Norman and friends facing a lot of heroic ghost busting action, instead of more mopey sour Norman.

This book starts out slowly in the sense that Norman's family is written to be a bit over the top in terms of their disappointment in Norman and lack of support for Norman. (This is a change from the Supernatural series, in which the heroine has a strong, loving and supportive family). In response, Norman is written at first to be sullen, grumpy and a bit sour. I guess this builds dramatic tension and sets Norman up to be a hero down the road, but snide family interactions get old for me pretty fast. Luckily, just when one begins to wonder if there's anyone in this to root for the plot kicks in, the action heats up, Norman finds a friend, and we leave the sad-sack Norman behind and start the fun part of the story. The book takes off from there.

There is a lot of sly humor slipped in to the story, and some sharp scenes and observations, so the book has a fairly wide appeal with older readers probably getting a little more out of the writing. I always think that's a good thing. The upshot is that you end up with a ghost adventure, a family story, a friendship tale and some school-daze and bully humor, all wrapped up in a well-written and well-crafted package. That's not bad.

Please note that the free Kindle preview is almost 1/3 of the book, so it is pretty generous and will provide a very good sense of the book. (Also please note that I have no connection at all to either the author or the publisher of this book.)
on April 15, 2014
I really wanted to read the book after seeing the movie. This book is cleverly written and I really like the characters. Norman is very relatable, and reminds us that we all have a little something different about ourselves. I also like that this book is spooky without going over the top. What I don't like is that it isn't the full book, its only an extended preview. I can't complain because the price is right, but now I have to go out and buy the book to finish the story.
on June 9, 2014
LoL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!,33$$++::://::++//))::-&&$$--++$$+++&&++$$$&&+++::+++++++$$$((5(_(4_& minecraft
minecraft fourums and plus I have a sonic classic heroes in the island of haste oh ya I'm going to be on the island is boring now that I was living in the race for wii games and family members year older people who likes TheDiamondMinecart mods for pc crafting mod mcpe script mods
on June 28, 2014
This story takes you further into Norman's world, from undiscovered classrooms of Blithe Hollow Middle School to background family drama. It is a DEFINITE must-have for fans of the movie! If you left the film wanting more than this is perfect for you. I loved following Norman, Neil, Courtney and less included characters like Salma around this extension of the film.
on June 16, 2014
I actually thought it was the whole book, dont get mixed up on that folks. anyways I didnt knpw.it said preview. lol. but it was great and not scary at all. I've seen the movie and this is just great, almost a twin. get it? a twin af books? ha! It felt like I was watching the movie yet I was.reading it! #toatsMCgoats#
on April 24, 2014
This is a partial story about Norman who sees ghosts - and talks to them. Norman is normally picked on so this just adds to the pressure of being different. Norman tries to help the ghosts and that leads to weird situations for him. To read the rest of the story you must purchase the full book.
on September 20, 2014
This is a fun story. If you've seen the movie, you know how it goes. It's a little dark and sad in some spots but the entire story is really about tolerance and acceptance. My 9yr old has read this multiple times to herself.