1,214 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars They delivered!
Published on September 25, 2012 by JackMeTickler

I'll state upfront this is not real Type 3 Paracord. Type 3 550 cord always has a colored thread to signify the maker, these are all white. That being said it still suits my needs for making paracord braclets, keychain, and lanyards. Unless you need legit paracord capable of 550 lbs of tension I'd get this. IF you're wanting the real deal go to a military surplus store.
Published 17 months ago by Nick

5.0 out of 5 stars They delivered!, September 25, 2012
I previously left a review that revealed how disappointed I was in the product. Not with the actual quality of the cord, which, for the price, I thought was pretty good but with the short measure. I purchased the 100ft length and was supplied with one about 93ft. As I said in the review, I paid for 100ft, I expected 100ft (even though the price was way below what you would normally pay). To their absolute credit, Outdoor Bunker profusely apologized and supplied me with another 25ft length of cordage in recompense free of charge. It is quite easy to see that mistakes do get made in the factory and Outdoor Bunker are only the suppliers, but it is evident that they do value their customers and they will not let them down as far as customer service is concerned. They were extremely prompt and courteous in dealing with my complaint and as a consequence of this, I received the extra cordage within a week! I rescind my earlier negative review unreservedly and have absolutely no hesitation in recommending that you buy from this supplier. Their customer service is second to none.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Paracord. One quick piece of info., October 23, 2013
Jeff "Brown Coat" (Pasadena, California United States) - See all my reviews
Just wanted to correct something I saw floating around on the reviews.

It is true that if paracord is going to be sold to the military (aka MIL-C-5040) it has to have an identifying colored thread, but that doesn't necessarily mean that it is of any higher quality, but just that it is labeled for military sale and likely has a more stringent quality control threshold.

The requirements for MIL-C-5040 (or at least the ones important to this discussion) are that it uses a total of seven, 630 denier (denier is essentially a measure of the mass of yarn per meter), 3 ply strands for it's core, and that it contain the identifying colored strand. (it's also limited to a few basic colors: black, brown etc. One of the easiest ways to tell that this isn't MIL-C-5040 is that it comes in hot pink).

Commercial cord is not REQUIRED to meet these measures, but often times does. In the case of this specific paracord, the internal strands are two ply not three, and thus not up to MIL-C-5040 standards. That is not to say that this is not extremely tough cord. I personally had this cord under a 400lbs static stress load recently and didn't see any damage or deformity from it, but I wouldn't actually rely on it for a life-saving application.

"Commercial Cord" is not a dirty word. There are manufacturers of commercial cord who are going to have higher standards than the requirements for MIL-C-5040 cord. Military manufacturers are trying to keep things cheap, and thus shoot for the minimum (stringent though they may be) requirements laid out by the government. Often times, outdoor enthusiasts are willing to up the price considerably to get something even tougher. I use a commercial paracord for a specific rock climbing application and while I would completely trust MIL-C-5040, the commercial cord is of far higher quality.

THE BOTTOM LINE: is that this cord, while not MIL-C-5040, is great. This stuff only uses two ply internal threads, but is strong, well made, and looks good. I'd trust it for anything short of a life saving application. I've used this stuff already for a monkey fist project, a woven dog leash and a few other odds and ends and am already ordering more. As far as ANY paracord projects I'll be working on, or general tie-down needs, this stuff is awesome. Buy with confidence.

If anyone has any corrections or other info they'd like to add, I'm sure it would be of great help to shoppers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast shipment, Good quality, January 12, 2013
This is the first paracord I have purchased other than cheap imitation chain store variety. After reading several other rewiews It seems that this is top quality paracord. We will be using it for Scouting purposes. I will buy from this supplier again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't beat quality or shipping!, November 5, 2012
This review is from: Paracord Planet Type III 7 Strand 550 Paracord - Made in the USA - Largest In Stock Selection of Paracord Colors (Sports)
This only took 2 days to recieve and the cord itself is as good or better than any other paracord I've purchased in the past. Great business, and I highly recommend this seller.. I know I'll be back for more purchases!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not real paracord Type 3, but good for making bracelets/lanyards, October 7, 2013
Nick (Kansas City) - See all my reviews

2.0 out of 5 stars Civilian Paracord, January 4, 2013
This is not "real" 550. It is how ever high quality civilian para-cord. Since everyone wants to know what im talking about, it has 7 inner stands with 2 strands woven... MIL spec is 7 inner strands with 3 woven strands in those... with that said this is the best civilian para-cord i have purchased to date but was hoping for "real" 550. Item returned no problems

5.0 out of 5 stars No problems with this product., December 21, 2012
Paul F (Michigan, USA) - See all my reviews
I have no complaints about this product. It's a great value at this price. It cuts easily and the ends can be melted to prevent fraying, but you have to do it immediately after cutting. Doing so may make it difficult to push through a cord lock (my purpose was to make my own "Lace Locks"), but a BBQ skewer helps push it through.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not that great of a product, February 19, 2013
I feel this paracord is not all that great. The internal core threads are kind of small. I have real paracord that I aquired while I was a parachute rigger in the US Navy. This Paracord Planet stuff is pretty wimpy. It works OK for bracelets and the like, but I would not use it for any survival situation. I went to Hobby Lobby and bought some paracord from them, it is a better quality and almost as good as the military grade, the inner cores are about the same size as military spec cord. Only problem with Hobby Lobby, they don't carry a ton of different colors. So save yourself disappointment, and find a different supplier. Would not recommend.

3.0 out of 5 stars 2-ply inner strands, April 26, 2014
This cord is nice, but the 2-ply inner strands without the single colored strand running throughout leaves me wondering as to the quality and strength of this cord. Real 550 is suppose to hvae 7 3-ply strands with a single colored cord running through. All in all the cord is nice and will get stuff done, but I'm not sure how much weight it can really handle.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, January 14, 2013
When I order paracord from Paracord Planet, I know it will be shipped very quickly and be exactly as it was described.