Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Paradise of Bombs
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

67%
33%
Format: Paperback|Change

on February 21, 1998
As the daughter of a former U.S. Marine, I wasn't sure I'd like this book. I am pleased to say I not only like it, I fell in love with it. Scott Russell Sanders has more than a way with words, he has a love affair with words. In reading this book, I found a decent man, a thoughtful man of lively intellect. It is a pleasure to be in Mr. Sanders's company even if its only through the medium of the printed word.
on July 22, 2015
I also lived on Ravenna Arsenal, in quarters C on "The Circle". I am familiar with most of the people and places that he mentions. Mr. Sanders was a contemporary of my younger brother, so I don't remember him.
Personally, I loved living on the Arsenal. It was a hunter's paradise. I went to High School in Ravenna, Ohio and still go back for reunions. I don't ever remember any tanks on the Arsenal, but Sanders was there longer than I was.
Mr. Sanders is a marvelous wordsmith, but I think that he let his anti-war bias overwhelm his fairness and objectivity in his haste appear clever, avant garde, and sophisticated.

Jim Miller
Garland, TX
on February 21, 1999
While the philosophy underlying this work is reminiscent of Thoreau, Sanders writing is much more graceful and his personality more warm and human than the Walden Pond horned frog ever hoped to be. Sanders has a keen eye for the insightful moment and treats himself and his subjects to piercing, yet sympathetic, examinations.