Do you think Paramount should be held accountable for "lying to the public"

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 2, 2007 5:21:26 PM PDT
Alright, I admit I bought this set "nused" when it first came out in 2001, so I am not disappointed. The kicker was that Paramount made exclusive commentary through all DVD sellers (including Amazon) that this will be the ONLY way to get all 3 films. 3 years later the individual release copies come out. Same discs as the box set, except (I think) disc 5 of THIS set was not reissued. My point, though is this, the box set still sells everywhere, and at a much lower price than the 3 individuals combined. If they had discontinued the box set, I wouldn't be making an issue, but since they didn't, in my opinion Paramount lied to the public saying the box set would be the only release. Now its 2007, and notice, they are ALL (box set and individuals) still easily available. Therefore I ask you, friends, should Paramount be held accountable for lying to the public that this would be the ONLY release of Godfather on DVD?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 13, 2007 9:35:53 AM PDT
Showquest says:
Good god, get over it. Is this really your biggest gripe in life? Gimmee a freakin break. You have redefined the term, "primadonna."

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 14, 2007 9:17:58 AM PDT
you should be held responsible for believing them

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 25, 2007 10:22:44 AM PDT
I don't think they are lying. It is true at the time (Oct 2001)it was released, it was the only way to get all 3 movies. It wasn't until two years later Paramount announced the release of the 3 films individualy in response to demands from those who did not want all 3 films. A lot of people do not like part 3.

This set is now a lot cheaper than it was when I bought it-I paid over $60.00 for mine.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 24, 2007 5:34:45 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 24, 2007 5:35:03 AM PST
El Grande says:
I think that the manufacturer of my car should be held accountable for the fact that my car is worth less now than the day I bought it two years ago. :-)

Good luck, Eric, finding a box set of DVD's that ISN'T cheaper than buying the films individually... Or a set of ANYTHING for that matter (CD's, VHS tapes, books, fine German cutlery, fancy pots and pans, living room furniture, Pepsi, candles, pens, batteries, and that's just a sampling what's in view of where I sit).

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2007 4:47:45 PM PST
FYI, Senor Grande, my point was NOT about the box set being cheaper. You are saying something I already know. My point is that in 2001, Paramount distinctly made a public statement, that the box set of the trilogy is THE ONLY WAY you will be able to buy these films, and then they turn around and release the individuals 2 years later. While Melvin makes a good point, in my opinion, Paramount should have still issued a new statement recanting the old one and that was my greivance with them.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 25, 2008 8:57:37 PM PST
Ryan Rogers says:
Why should Paramount make a new statement? Just to tell you that you can buy them individually.

Up until they individually released this was the only way to get all three movies. Making a new statement would be a stupid movie. What if they discontinue releasing them individually? Should they go out and make a new statement?

It'd be getting pretty absurd.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 25, 2008 11:24:12 PM PST
Well, My question is: Why does it matter? We now have a choice-to buy the box set or the individual movies. I think you are making an issue out of nothing. I think it is now common knowage that you can buy the movies individualy. Just Drop it, OK?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Jul 2, 2007
Latest post:  Feb 25, 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Godfather Collection [VHS]
The Godfather Collection [VHS] by Marlon Brando (VHS Tape - 1997)
4.6 out of 5 stars   (2,118)