Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now May4th

Format: DVD|Change

on August 13, 2015
These are really terrible movies, but they're fun to watch with the wife.
Not really interesting the second time you watch them. Plot is dumb, characters are dumb, most of the scares are dumb.
Dumb fun.
on December 7, 2013
This is "Blair Witch" on steroids. All the movies are well crafted on a low budget. Not that this method isn't being over worked...the "documentary" presentation, but these are REALLY good. Very subtle horror. I won't reveal any spoilers for any of them. It's best to just see all of it on your own. But some of the special effects...MAN, they will just take your breath away and it's the simplicity of them that works so well. The newer movie "The Conjuring" draws heavily on some of the effects used in these three movies. A note...do not watch the alternate version ending of the first movie. It could ruin the experience of the triad. And do understand this is a long story that goes from present to past. It's part of the charm. I haven't seen the 4th installment, but have read it has little to do with these three anyway so just enjoy these three and let me know how the 4th one is to you. The "Blair Witch" comparison? Watch the third installment...get to the end...you be the judge! ;-)
on January 26, 2015
About 2 1/2 years ago I saw the second PA movie first on Netflix. I liked it. It was also my first time seeing movies with found footage style filming. I then saw the 1st one maybe a month later or so and liked that one too. I didn't quite understand the direction the movies were going at first but eventually I got the story and how it was laid out. I am not a horror movie fan but if I do watch them its usually movies that deal with the paranormal. I hate slasher movies. I also have part 4 and I have the marked ones also on dvd. I can't wait for the 6th movie.
on February 8, 2016
These are great!! I am not a huge fan of the gorefest type movies like Saw. For me it is what you can't see that is more thrilling, suspenseful and scary. I just wish I had someone to watch them with as the wife wants no part of them. :P
on May 12, 2014
The first of the PA movies was interesting and scary because one didn't know what to expect. The ending definitely came as a surprise. But by the time of the 2nd movie, it was already played out and you can see that they were trying to extend their one-hit wonder into a longer streak. But the way they did it, bringing back some of the previous characters, because yes, it actually was a prequel, I was a little interesting to find out how all of what happened in the first movie actually came about, but still not so great. The third movie was just a tired remake of storytelling going back to the very beginnings of the family story, which I frankly could have done without. It simply did not hold my interest.
on October 3, 2015
#1 -- Not quite spooky enough. Alternate ending severely takes away from the reality the film appears to convey.
#2 -- Just as un-scary as the first one.
#3 -- This is the best of all three. We "meet" Toby, Kristi's invisible friend who seems to be the spirit/demon causing all the activity.
on December 2, 2012
I was so happy to see all 3 movies in one box! I watch these all the time and have had requests for them as a Christmas gift from several people as well. Good price too. Get some popcorn, turn out the lights and get ready to jump!
on September 25, 2015
Only giving 1 star because it is supposed to be a 3 movie collection. All I received in the sealed case was Paranormal activity 3. Very disappointed in the quality assurance from the manufacturer. I wanted to watch tonight, I guess i will have to go locally and buy the 5 movie set. I went onto Best Buy's website, and it is supposed to be 3 separate discs. I even put this disc into my player, thinking maybe they were all on 1. But, no.
review image review image
on February 28, 2014
If your looking for a back to basics Horror Movie (or set of them), Paranorml Activity (the first 3) is it. While it is typical "Found Footage" style, the story is about as simple and as stripped down as it can get. And that is what makes this Series GREAT!!!!!!
The story revolves around a pair of sisters who seemingly have strange occourences/hauntings that happen around them. The first half of each movie is a bit boring. But this is the set up for the last half of each film as things get progressively freaky!
So be prepaired to get literally scared with this trio of films! And the great part is, they put them in one package so you can watch them one right after the other!
Get your popcorn, your blanket, & make sure to be ready to be scared. This 3 pack is definately a must for any film collection
on July 22, 2014
Great Deal For Those Who Love PARANORMAL ACTIVITY,
and Also A Great Set For The First Three Films, Which For Me The Only HORRIFYING AND THE BEST SERIES In Paranormal Activity Franchise.

Plus All The DVDs Are All Special Edition (e.g. Theatrical And Unrated Version Of The Films)
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse