Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

on November 5, 2009
PLEASE NOTE... Amazon has mislabeled this review. It was for the "Parasound Zbreeze" cooling fan originally.

I am an audiophile. I now own three of these. If you are trying to stuff electronics into cabinets, shelves, or other spaces (tight or not), this thing will keep even the hottest toaster monster amp cool. Worth every penny. It's ashame more people don't know about these little jewels. Well-made, elegant, and best of all... extremely functional!

Note: These were from Audio Advisor when in stock at Amazon and still available directly from AA if Amazon does not have inventory.
on June 27, 2014
I researched a lot of preamps before I found this one.parasound discontinued this model because of low sales,not because of quality! Every review was glowing. So far I'm very happy with it,it's features and build quality are second to none
on January 30, 2012
This is a great piece of equipment for cooling off your other electronic equipment. I had a tuner/receiver and a secondary amp in the same cabinet with no top or rear venting and this fixed my heat issues. I stuck the Parasound between my two devices to give them some room and allow heat to escape the top of the one devices while letting the other one "breathe" by not having it directly on top of my receiver and it works great. I'd say at least 10 degrees in difference. The fans pulls hot air in from the bottom and the exhaust is in the rear so it blows the heat from the rear of my cabinet toward the front. The power-on sensor via 12v cable (provided) and power-off delay are a great features. The Medium fan speed works great for me. The high speed is audible so if you can get by without it, then you will have a nearly silent device.
Only thing is I wouldn't recommend for enclosed cabinets, this device requires good air circulation from at least on open area.
The only other issue is that it's not the same width as most electronic components and does look a bit odd (like you are missing a piece) if you are particular with your equipment setup.
on June 24, 2015
This unit replaced the built-in phono stage on my Onkyo receiver... and wow! This is a huge step up in sound - just big, open, and spacious. A highly recommended and worthwhile investment for any vinyl fan who wants more of what they love. I have not yet used the USB out to digitize my vinyl and don't care if I ever do - this unit is worth 2X the price as a preamp alone.
on February 17, 2016
I am very happy with the sound and the convenience of this device. It really amplifies the sound of the record-player significantly.
The only thing I would request to the manufacturer is to put the switches for MC and MM and RIAA USB switch on the front panel.
on March 3, 2016
Great sound, extra lines-in make a nice little expansion unit. I don't use it for recording/ripping. Thinking of getting a second one since production of these has stopped, that's how much I like it.
on April 29, 2015
This preamp was highly reviewed and not just here on Amazon . . . but when I got it home and hooked it up it couldn't compete with the little $99. NAD preamp i have been using. I wanted the USB out feature for recording, but the sound is the most important thing. This unit gave a very sloppy sound to my cristal clear vinyl. The highs were shimmery non distinct, the bass was muddy and the mids were muffled. It's going back as soon as I can get it back in the mail. The search continues . . .
on February 9, 2015
I needed a phono preamp to enjoy the vinyl collection recently rescued from the distant past, having no phono preamp in my current receiver. The rich sound is much better than what I expected with much richer tones than I used to enjoy without a preamp. I am also sending the analog signal from a high quality cassette player through the available channel and found the sound enhancement to be exceptional for that often compromised media.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 2, 2013
I purchased this as I felt one of my components felt continually warm. This helps keep it cool and is very quiet. Up until the highest setting, you can't even hear it.
on March 24, 2016
Very nice phono preamp. Working nicely with plenty of signal to the Marantz receiver. Like the size and build quality - solid.