4.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly Good!
I have read many parenting books, and I read this one because I was intriguted by the title...Passion is indeed one of the things that seems to be missing in the young people with whom I interact. I wasn't sure what to expect from Shmuley but I was pleaseantly surprised by the readablity and strength of the writing and content.

I highly recommend this book to...
Published on October 31, 2006 by Phyllis Sommer

3.0 out of 5 stars Don't remember purchasing this book!
Can't give an accurate rating as I do not remember ordering or reading this book, don't even remember seeing it around my home! Just gave a neutral, sorry!
Published 6 months ago by Patty K.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly Good!, October 31, 2006
This review is from: Parenting With Fire: Lighting Up the Family with Passion and Inspiration (Paperback)

I highly recommend this book to anyone who is struggling with the pressures of modern life on their family. It gives real-life advice for real-life families.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm grateful for the guidance, February 12, 2007
Hiasun "Hiasun" (Hilo, HI United States) - See all my reviews
This book included the guidance I've been looking for. Each of the five sections gave me something concrete to take away and apply. I didn't have to complete the entire book before I could begin applying new meaning to the relationship(s) with my family. I saw an immediate change in myself, and my family that increased with each new section. This is a book that I will KEEP in my personal library for many years to come, and one that I would appreciate having in print for some time, so that I could share it with my brothers/sisters, friends, and children when they come-of-age to have their own families. This is one of those books, I would run to the store to buy for anyone starting a new family.

Thank you for sharing yourself and your perspective with others.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!! Full of Passionate and Inspirational Truths, April 22, 2007
Boteach writes a tremendous and profound book for parents. "Parenting with Fire" fully lives up to its title. It presents not only parenting methods but an entire way of life that clashes with today's culture that pulls parents in every direction and divides families.

Boteach writes that "a lack of passion characterizes the new American parenting tradition, and so an uninspired life has become our principal legacy to our children, just as it was our parents' legacy to us." He goes about teaching a parent's duty to his or her children. He explains his philosophy of a parents' role as "PLANT"...1. Protection 2. Love, 3. Activity 4. Novelty 5. Tradition. It is a meaningul and relevant approach to parenting that leads the parent to focus his or her energies on the child above all else in life.

Boteach writes that the road back to inspired parenting and an inspired life is spending more time with your children. He has first hand experience of developing an inspired parenting child as the father of 8 children. He shares many helpful experiences of his family and from his work with other families.

This book is helpful to turn your focus of parenting where it should be and to adjust your parenting approach to one that is inspirational and passionate and will have lasting positive effects for your family.

I highly recommend this for parents.

Author of Shakespeare On Spirituality: Life-Changing Wisdom from Shakespeare's Plays

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended for ALL parents, May 26, 2007
I love this book and the philosophy of Rabbi Schmuley is so inspiring and really right on. I'm grateful to have stumbled onto his writing and his television show. He really can get to the heart of parenting issues, that it's so much more about the parents when the kids are having problems. It's a hard fact to face sometimes, and way more than many thought they were bargaining for when they planned a family. If mamy more families applied the wisdom of this book, I think we'd find such a better world around us.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wish i had this book earlier, April 17, 2008
I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS BOOK..IT IS SO EASY TO READ AND UNDERSTAND. ITS WORTH THE FULL PRICE. HIS TIPS WORKS AND HE SPEAKS FROM EXPERIENCE NOT FROM A PHD ....YOU WILL ENJOY THIS BOOK AND THEN PASS IT ON TO YOUR FRIENDS.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read to all parents, August 19, 2010
The book is a must read for all parents. Boteach approaches the topic of raising children with compassion and respect. This book has a lot to offer and so many things we need to think about as parents. As parents, we have an AWESOME responsibility to protect our children physically as well as emotionally. This book has opened my eyes to many ways on how I can be a better parent and have a stronger and stable family. Thank you Shmuley Boteach!

5.0 out of 5 stars Parenting With Fire, August 9, 2007
Parenting With Fire: Lighting Up the Family with Passion and Inspiration

I Love all of Shmuley's books. He does NOT give you the "Jewish way" he gives you the human way of doing things. He does not "preach" to you but makes you realize there is a better/different way. I will continue to purchase and take to heart his books and advice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best parenting book I've ever read!, July 23, 2007
Medusa (San Jose, CA) - See all my reviews
This was such a quick read and the author has a great down to earth style to his writing. I was very humbled by this book. I think it gives such excellent ideas about living your best life and creating the same for your children. I'm going to 4 baby showers this year and I will be giving this book as a present to every one of the moms!

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best books on parenting, March 14, 2014
Great book! This is not so much a "how to" book as it creates context for parenting with passion. Really worthy of your time and money. Shmuley has also written other amazing parenting books. Check out his "10 Conversations You Need to Have with Your Children". I don't subscribe to absolutely everything Shmuley writes on marriage but his parenting stuff is spot on.

3.0 out of 5 stars Don't remember purchasing this book!, February 6, 2014
Patty K. (Wellington, FL) - See all my reviews

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Parenting With Fire: Lighting Up the Family with Passion and Inspiration
Parenting With Fire: Lighting Up the Family with Passion and Inspiration by Shmuel Boteach (Paperback - September 5, 2006)
Used & New from: $0.01