Imagine life without drama, meltdowns, and power struggles
From celebrity parents to everyday moms and pops, single parents to grandparents, most of us know what to do when our kids behave. But let's face it: family life can get downright crazy, and it's at those moments that we most need to keep our cool.
Family therapist Susan Stiffelman has shown thousands of parents how to be the cool, confident "Captain of the ship" in their children's lives. Based on her successful practice and packed with real-life stories, Susan shares proven strategies and crystal clear insights to motivate kids to cooperate and connect. Parenting without Power Struggles is an extraordinary guidebook for transforming your day-to-day parenting life.
You'll discover how to:
• Transform frustration and aggression into adaptation and cooperation
• Keep your cool when your kids push your buttons, talk back or refuse to "play nice"
• Nourish deep attachment with young and older kids
• Help your ADD'ish child survive and thrive, even if you’re ADD'ish yourself
• Inoculate your kids from negative thinking and peer pressure that lead to anger, anxiety, depression, or behavior issues
• Help children manage the emotional challenges of divorce
If you haven't read this book, what are you waiting for? It's perfect wisdom, accessible, and kind approach help parents (especially of teens) have healthy relationships. Read morePublished 23 days ago by J. Van Wagner
Put the tools being taught in the book to immediate use with my 4 year old and immediately saw an improvement in our relationship and our ability to communicate with eachother.Published 1 month ago by Shannon L.
This is a book we needed right now in our life with our 16 year old daughter!!!Published 1 month ago by Sally A. Bridge
This is a great resource for any parent who struggles with how to raise children who are good human beings/citizens and maintaining a loving relationship with them through the... Read morePublished 1 month ago by Jennifer Elaine Hale