Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

75%
25%

on August 24, 1999
As an elementary school counselor, I have many children referred to me for support during their parents' divorce. This is the best book I have found for giving specific, insightful tips, targeting children's specific personality types. A quiet, introspective child experiences divorce differently than an extremely outgoing child. Dr. Nightingale gives tips for the whole divorce process, from beginning to end. Concepts are presented with gentleness and grace. As District Counselor, I have purchased a copy for each of the elementary school counselors in our district. We all use this book often and appreciate it!
0Comment35 of 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 27, 2000
This book is not just for very young children. My 11 yo daughter had so much anger wrapped around our divorce that we just couldn't even talk. This book was the break-through we needed to begin talking, crying, understanding, and moving on. She made this book her own, colored the pictures, and had us read it together multiple times, using it to begin discussions about the issues that troubled her.
0Comment26 of 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 1, 1997
Families that are transitioning through a divorce and the children, in particular, benifit highly from Nightingale's, My Parents Still Love Me Even Though They are Getting Divorced. My work as a therapist consists of many families with divorce issues, this comprehensive book is an excellent addition to my office. Many of the families I work with order a copy for their own use ( it is still in print and available). I encourage all persons interested in creating a healthy environment for those persons who are challenged with divorce issues to buy this book now
on February 11, 2000
I bought this book because I didn't know how to talk to my daughters about the divorce. Reading through this story gave us the words to discuss difficult issues. I recommended this book to the other parents in my divorce recovery group. They also were grateful to have a way to talk about divorce with their kids.
on June 9, 1997
I love this book. It helped me talk to my son about his concerns and feelings as we went through an uncomfortable divorce. This book helped me explain to him that he was not to blame for the problems between his mother and I. As he used the workbook pages it helped him express his fears and let me demonstrate that I heard his concerns. I was also able to show him that I will always love him, so much so that now, six months later, we talk a lot more than before and are becoming fast friends. Thanks for your helpful insight
on July 24, 1997
If you only buy one book to help your family through your divorce, this is the one to buy! Dr. Lois takes the fear and taboo out of divorce and makes it an easy subject to discuss. As a webmaster of a Single Parents Support page, I have read dozens of books and none have been as unique as this one.

This brilliant book is designed to be read WITH your children. Kids get a chance to read about familiar characters, colour, draw and discuss their similar feelings. By basing the book on Fairy Tale characters, children learn that even the most perfect of lives can go wrong.

This fantastic piece of writing asks questions as easy as "how did that make you feel?" to "What rules have the Judge made, and what do you do if someone breakes them?"

The children learn that fear and tears is OK and normal--even moms and dads cry and feel scared! Take the time, track this book down. You'll be glad that you did.

Jill Lassaline
on May 5, 2013
Target audience was for younger kids. Mine are 14 and 10 and they were bored. While good for younger children, this divorce has been going on so long, 2 years, that they are accustomed to the situation.
on February 18, 2014
Nice book except that it is way to wordy for a younger child to sit through. More suited for 10 & up.