5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what it should be
I've been using nothing but glass canning jars to store grains, beans and passta for 20 years now, and this fit right in with the ones I have. It also seems to be of equal quality, which is never a given when you're comparing with products made 20 years ago.
Published on November 28, 2011 by C. Delsol

2.0 out of 5 stars Be Careful
Published on May 13, 2010 by L. Lorenz

2.0 out of 5 stars Be Careful, May 13, 2010
This review is from: Le Parfait French Glass Canning Jar with 85mm Gasket and Lid - 1.5 Liter
I purchased the whole set of these canisters. I was thinking they were going to be of the same quality as the ones of my youth. I put everyday items in them and placed on my counter. I've been using them for a few months and the repeated use has caused the lips to splinter and "crunch". Unless you want glass in your food or just using for display, I would go another route. Really sad, I wanted to use these and now I have to look for something else.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what it should be, November 28, 2011

4.0 out of 5 stars classic kitchen jar, April 24, 2013
ACAR (Scaggsville, MD) - See all my reviews
We use these (we bought several sizes) for storage in the kitchen. We like glass for long-term storage and replacement gaskets are readily available via Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Le Parfait jars are perfect, January 12, 2015
KansasKate "KansasKate" (Little Town on the Prairie) - See all my reviews
We have lots of Le Parfait glass jars in practically every size, and they're all great. They provide a nice, tight seal; rubber gaskets can be replaced. We've never had one break.

Caveats: 1) All jars with this style of lid & clasp can be a bit awkward to pour from since the lid can flip-flop around. 2) Jars made in Europe are in metric sizes, and conversions in product listings are often approximate.

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't say enough good things about these jars, June 28, 2014
Can't say enough good things about these jars. They are all I have in my home. They keep food super fresh for a long time such as cookies and crackers. I do not use plastic so these are easy to put in the dishwasher and make my cabinets look more appealing than plastic bags and boxes. Will buy more in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Canning, sort of!, June 22, 2014
We make these wonderful pickled eggs with jalapeño. They sit in the fridge for 7 day before you can eat them. This is perfect for what I need!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent size and seal, March 23, 2014
Pros:
Tall size allows greater storage volume for a small footprint in a refrigerator
Seal is tight using a wire tension mechanism
Cons:
Must be hand washed
Tip:
Do not disassemble the sealing hardware. I had to replace the same model after my fiancee removed the sealing hardware to put in a dishwasher. We are now missing a critical piece.

5.0 out of 5 stars Trusted in French kitchens for generations, February 24, 2013
Le Parfait canning jars have been used in French kitchens for generations and are as popular as ever. There's a reason (or rather many): they're well made, resistant, incredibly durable, multipurpose and competely hermetic (the trick is to pull slightly on the tab after locking them). But a little expensive here... The Container Store (where they are marketed as "French Hermetic Glass Terrines) sells them at a fraction of the price ($3.99-$9.99 depending on size).

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the BIG jar, April 15, 2012
I bought this thinking it was the standard style of this jar seen everywhere. This is the LARGER version be aware of it's dimensions. Nevertheless it worked great. I purchased the 1 liter in addition for smaller items.

5.0 out of 5 stars bought it to do water kefir, January 9, 2015
Monique "pickle" (ALLEN PARK, MICHIGAN, US) - See all my reviews
really nice jar. will put it on my will....(that sturdy) ;)