Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc blink-182 Fire TV Stick Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on December 21, 2011
In Paris Adieu, Rozsa Gaston draws readers into the story (and inner thoughts) of nineteen-year old, Ava, a New Englander who struggles with a severe case of "lack-of-planitis" and the constant criticism of an unsympathetic grandmother. Much to her grandmothers' dismay, Ava recently left college and works part time at a gas station. That is, until she hatches a plan to work as an au pair in Paris. With vivid detail and humor, Gaston takes readers straight into the heart of Paris through the eyes and ears of Ava, to a seductive land, where we smell pastries from her favorite bakery and meander through famous parks and museums, where we meet the French lover who urges Ava, always self-conscious about her body, to feel comfortable in her own skin. Throughout, Gaston writes with a deep appreciation for sensuality that will keep readers attentive to Ava's every adventure.

Kim Nagy, Executive Editor,Wild River Review
Founder, Wild River Books
Author of the Triple Goddess Trials
on December 17, 2011
Congratulations to Rozsa Gaston! I have purchased on Amazon.com, and finished reading on Kindle and Xoom, Paris Adieu, which I enjoyed thoroughly. It brought back fond memories of being in Paris and things French. Rozsa's powerful messages, on finding oneself, exploring the world and respecting different cultures as education in addition to formal higher learning, and the importance of both physical and emotional protection in sex and relationships, should be shared with not just those over 21, but with any young women, or men for that matter, as well, who in this modern day, have been exposed to so much before finishing high school, and are contemplating experiencing life. Can the series or movie be far behind?
on November 30, 2015
I am a picky reader and it has to be a good book for me to bother with writing a review. This is one of those rare books that has not just really captured my attention, but really captured my heart. The charactors are so believable and realistic that you can almost put yourself in their place.Much less for those of us on a tight budget who are never likely to really see Europe in reality- unless you count movies/television- details are given that are so realistic that if you close your eyes and use your imagination that you could see yourself there. With Christmas coming up, I can't think of a better gift to give to a teenager to an older reader; this book appeals to every age group as for those of us who are older, can remember those magical days of our youth and for the younger readers, maybe they will learn lessons as as it truly is a more modern coming of age story. as well as a search for love that the foolishment of youth almost ruined, but does the possibility of a second chance available. Hey, its Paris! Anything is possible in the city of love!
This is my first time reading this author and honestly not my usual genre, but I truly hope to read more by Rozsa Gaston. Definately high class writing that takes you to another world! I cannot recommend this book high as it truly deserves!
on December 17, 2011
Well-founded in Intellectual Truth

If you have been young in Paris, or wish you had been, this is the book for you. Gaston's style paints a vivid portrait - breezy, but well-founded in intellectual truth.

Ariane Csonka Comstock, author of The Young People's Guide to Opera, Palm Beach Wit & Wisdom, and The Mental Diet
on June 18, 2014
Actually it was interesting as I've never been in any of the situations that this woman was trying to find herself. That said the writer got into a host of different lovers and even a parental trip that never developed into anything. It was like a maze ending abruptly. Sex was over done and boring. It was as if this woman was the total and the end, no one else existed at all. Her being able to get off was the amazing thing that only happened to her. What a bunk.
Like all of Gaston's work, Paris Adieu is full of fun and charm. After A Moveable Feast, it is the top book for anyone who remembers all of the frivolity and seriousness that go with the French and the City of Light.

Ariana Kaleta, Baroness von Trautenegg
on January 22, 2015
This is a really interesting coming of age story of an American girl, Ava, who learns that she has to be both "in the moment" and "comfortable in her own skin". I gave this book 5 stars because I really cared about the characters. I liked the way Ms. Gaston used the sex scenes to build the story. Unlike many novels of this type, where the sex scenes are an end unto themselves, the sex scenes that she has with 3 separate men are critical to understanding her growth.

I really enjoyed this book. If you are more interested in a good story than in erotic scenes, this book is for you.
on November 4, 2014
Inspiring, Witty, Romantic and Insightful. An entertaining must read for all women!
A perfect book club selection that is sure to spark a few spicy and thought provoking conversations.
You won't be sorry you read Paris Adieu and will most definitely walk away from it a more comfortable, confident and fabulous person. BRAVA!
on April 7, 2013
I could have out this book down and not picked it up again. I usually care about a character in books I am reading, and want to see what happens to them. This book was not overly interesting, set in Paris, with a number of French phrases- which I didn't care about either. It was not intriguing at all. I seldom find a book I do not enjoy, but this one was not worth the time spent reading. It seemed like the character was very one dimensional, and only cared about her sex life, which we did not need the intimate descriptions of the act!
on June 8, 2013
Ms. Gaston has captured the flavor of Paris as those who live there must experience it. Her characters are alive, believable and -- like most of us -- also have their human flaws. The story, a type of coming of age theme, can resonate with those of us who remember. I would certainly read another book by this author.