Top positive review
3 people found this helpful
Paris Hilton's A Track by Track Review
on March 14, 2013
I must admit I bought this album to laugh at it (And sure it does offer some of that), however this really is a wonderful fun album. A lot of reviewers have only mentioned how she's not really a 'star' (Which in of itself is hard to define now),that doesn't mean that this isnt good pop. They've also been incredibly cruel for no apparent reason, yes this may have all they claim simple melody and simple lyrics, but it's enjoyable (And incredibly well done and sleek that I didn't notice until someone pointed it out). No, I don't think she's the next Lana Del Rey, but I happen to think it's really enjoyable. The lyrics arent' deep, but the album is pure fun. I absolutely adore it and people shouldn't hate it because it's Paris Hilton. They should hate it because it's pop. Also, to my surprise her voice doesn't sound processed at all. That doesn't mean it wasn't, but if it wasn't her voice is actually quite pleasant.
1.Turn It Up- Sexy, club anthem. She's trying far too hard to be sensual, it's a very comical, if enjoyable song.
2. Fightin' Over Me- A good song if your into the style. It seems, though as if it's a Fat Joe and Jadakiss song featuring Paris Hilton. Reminiscent of the song Fat Joe did with Big Pun and Jennifer Lopez. Same lyrical concept of fighting over their woman, but `Feelin' So Good' was done better.
3. Stars Are Blind- A wonderful reggae laid back track, a stand out. Surprisingly naughty lyrics once you listen to it.
4. I Want You- Retro police sirens cover this song, it reminds me of `Grease', and as much as you think you'd hate it, it's hard not to love it.
5. Jealousy- Violin opening, is this a ballad? No, hardly that. It's a song about a friendship gone wrong. A biting song, a stab at Nicole Richie perhaps?
6. Heartbeat- It starts with an intro straight from Gwen Stefani's `Cool'. A song you could call a ballad, but not an album bring down. I love it, although you don't really get the feeling that the song is called `Heartbeat'.
7. Nothing In This World- An upbeat song with simple lyrics befitting Paris along with mentions of `I can do it so much better'. Someone took a que from Avril Lavigne.
8. Screwed- I wanted to hate this song from the beginning. Paris stole it from Haylie Duff, and I'm glad Haylie didn't get it. It's a faux rock song. Could have been on any teen pop album. Worst song on the album, but most notably not bad at all.
9. Not Leaving Without You- Who would have guessed that Paris pursued boys. From a listen to this song, my guess is most of them don't say no.
10.Turn You On- An opener worthy of the title, incredibly sexual. Paris turned down the Pussycat Dolls song `Don't Cha' and in turn you get Turn You On. I would say Turn You On is better, but it's not nearly as memorable or as fun as `Don't Cha'. This album could have used that kind of chart topper.
11.Do Ya Think I'm Sexy- I don't think it really matters if we think Paris is sexy, because Paris thinks she's sexy. I can't imagine any current record producer making this song, it has to be a cover I just don't recognize it. This would have made a good duet, but instead we have a sleek disco anthem. Not the best, but it's so unique I really find myself liking it.