Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: In His Control, a sexy, full-length adventurous romantic thriller
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Stuff! Who needed stuff? Especially to buy it when it was easier for Ciara to steal. A man, not handsome - better - a Frenchman who was a cop called Jean Marc edged his way into her solo dance routine on the nightclub floor. That's all she needed when her intentions to steal the princess's diamonds were what brought her out there. Just one of these trinkets would keep her and the orphans in money for quite some time. A flick of her wrist and into the pocket went a bracelet - his pocket!!
What an incredible beginning to a story that just kept hooking me deeper. Plot twists and beautiful writing. What more could we ask for? Hot sex? That's in there also. It just gets better and better!
on March 2, 2012
I've enjoyed many of Nina Bruhns's novels and this was no exception. I loved the international flair -- I've always been a sucker for cops, but one with a french accent, too? Wow! But he wasn't just a sexy cop, just like the heroine isn't simply what she appears to be. The characters are complex and compelling. I love that the author can write great romance and thread it with suspense and action, too. This is a meaty story and well worth the price!
on March 6, 2012
The French Detective's Woman entices you into its clutches with its sexy hero, bad-girl heroine and plenty of exciting action. The romance is hot and the twists and turns of the plot are fun and unexpected. Once you start reading you'll be handcuffed to your kindle until your done reading.
on April 27, 2014
Set in Paris, this is the love story of Ciara, a jewel thief, and Jean-Marc, a detective set on catching her.

I was hooked on this book from the very beginning. I couldn't put it down. That is until about halfway through the book when the characters turned from charming and interesting to plain annoying. Jean-Marc, charming and irresistible in the beginning, became obsessive and it seemed that he cared more about possessing and controlling Ciara then actually genuinely caring about her. And Ciara, a strong and confident thief, seemed to turn into a mindless idiot whenever Jean-Marc was around.

***Spoiler Alert**** At one point Ciara is set up by a dirty cop, and is arrested by Jean-Marc and sent to prison. When she finally gets out he's waiting for her. He basically tells her that he realized while she was in prison that she was set up, but that she was still a thief and, therefore, deserved to do time. And he admits to sleeping with other women while she was incarcerated. Then he expects her to just forgive him. He even attempts to seduce her to get her back...and she falls for it! I'm sorry, but if a guy whom I'm in a relationship with arrests me for a crime I didn't commit, and then stands by his actions even though he knew I was innocent, I wouldn't just fall into his arms. Are you kidding me?

Overall I thought that The French Detective's Woman was a good idea. The story started out strong, but in the end it just fell a little short of the mark for me.
on August 13, 2012
Set in Paris, France an American girl with a heart of gold steals from the rich to help some orphans keep off the street to get a chance she never got, help out of gutter, and pushed towards a good future.
As she is waiting for her next mark to show up at the club, she almost gets distracted by the handsome Frenchman who joins her on the dance floor. Instant sparks. But he turns out to be the police officer who is trying to capture her.
She is trying to keep the kids safe and not get caught. while he is fighting his own battles, to trust the girl who has captured his heart.
Amazing book. Well written. Fantastic characters that you fall in love with. Im a sucker for a good cop book and this one didn't disappoint. some thrills and spice and everything nice. ill be reading more from Nina Bruhns.
on May 5, 2012
I could barely put this book down. Bruhns had me from the first few pages, and I didn't want to stop reading. I loved all the French elements to this book, from the setting, the scenery, to our delectable French Detective!!! Ciara is a compelling heroine, and you can't help but root for her. And the chemistry between Ciara and Jean-Marc is off the charts. The pacing in this book was perfect, every scene mattered, and it was a perfect romantic suspense. It had everything I love in a romantic suspense. Would definitely recommend.
on March 22, 2012
While the initial set-up was a bit of fantasy to swallow, I sat down for the meal and wasn't disappointed. The intense plotting drives us along from page one through to the end. There are few if any places to pause or reflect. The sexual tension between the hero and heroine sizzles from the start. (My only disappointment was that during one part of the story, the hero and heroine are separated, and the dialogue later seems to suggest that the hero was not celibate during that time. He supposedly pined away for her but paid for sexual services to quench his needs? That made it more difficult for me to like the hero. Of course, this author often casts her heroes as less than gentlemanly. Perhaps it is more realistic to think that a man with an intense sex drive and a need to dominate would not refrain from sex simply to wait for his beloved to show up and take care of his needs? But then again, this is fantasy and I want my cake and to be able to eat it too!) Because the hero is French, and ten years older than the heroine, it's quite easy to buy into his domineering, controlling nature. If you want a contemporary story in which the alpha male is authentically portrayed, this will be a good read. The best part of the story though is the heroine--clever, brave, full of unselfish motives, she plays the part of a modern Robin hood. She holds her own and earns the hero's respect both intellectually and emotionally. And did I mention the sex sizzles? Of course I did. This is a Nina Bruhns book. A bargain at 99 cents.
on August 10, 2012
I just finished this book last night, and I only started it yesterday morning. :0) I loved the back and forth between Ciara and Jean Marc, the intensity of their emotions, the realism in their personalities was in my mind perfect!

Through the whole book, I kept trying to guess where the author was going to take me, but at each turn I was surprised. The pacing of the book was spot on, the sex scenes were smoking hot and all the supporting characters were fabulous. I really have nothing to critique, this was a great book that I would recommend to anyone wanting a fast paced, well written contemporary romance.

Looking forward to more books by Ms. Bruhns. :0)
on March 15, 2012
I do like Nina Bruhns/Nikita Black, and while I did like much of this story, one aspect of it and the hero disappointed me. Maybe I'm being too romantic and not realistic, but I really didn't want to find that out about him. Without giving spoilers, I was willing to forgive and forget his part in what happens to the heroine (whether his action or inaction, however you want to look at it), but this other bit of news about him added some insult to injury in my book. And I wanted the heroine to be angrier at him for longer than she was.

Other than that, I was completely enjoying the story up to that point. I really like cop romance, and he was a fine, French detective. He's also practically obsessed with her (which is why I expected something different from him), and I do really like when a hero can't get a woman out of his head. Also, I liked that he was an older man (I think it mentioned he was 43 to her age of 31).

It's a fairly long romance (6480 kindle locations) with a good bit of action and excitement to it, a lot of story for $.99. The characters and the French setting felt authentic and well thought out. The sex was hot and dominating.

This would have been a four-star read for me if only Jean-Marc had not fallen off his pedestal. I just had a hard time getting that out of my head. I also wanted a bit more at the ending. I know Jean-Marc loved the h, he must have, but I wanted to hear more about that from his lips. Sometimes a verbal "I love you" helps seal the deal, and I would have loved an epilogue for that reason. I just wanted HEA locked down nice and tight after all that had happened.
on March 29, 2012
"Maybe she's the thief," Pierre suggested with a big grin at his discomfort.
Jean-Marc rolled his eyes. "Ah, oui. Bien sûr. While she had her tongue down my throat she miraculously nabbed the bracelet. And then she managed to hide it while I stripped her practically naked." He thumped himself on the forehead. "Gee, Why didn't I think if that?"

Über sexy possessive French detective - check. Adorable jewel thief heroine - check. Amazing location - check. Grinning factor - high. TSTL heroine - unfortunately yes.

This books was so damn good and unexpected. Before you start: you need a glass of cold water, a fan and plenty of time. I could not stop reading and I was so drawn into the amazing setting and I felt as if I was there with them. Ciara is the female version of "Thomas Crown" and Jean-Marc is a French hotter version of Pierce Brosnan. There was some BIG obstacles between them, like she's the notorious jewel thief and he is the chief investigator on the case. I couldn't imagine how they could ever get to the HEA.

"If I make love to you, will you confess?"
She smiled faintly. "To what? Being madly and completely in love with you?"