Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Brett Dennen Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation Learn more

Color: One Color|Size: One Size|Change

on August 19, 2009
I feel really dumb for buying these. I've bought quite a few Park Tools over the years, and I honestly don't know why they charge as much as they do. Pretty much everything I've bought from them (with the exception of their PCS-10 repair stand, which is nice for what I need) seems to be overpriced, low-quality junk. These brushes are no exception. Here are my thoughts of each brush:

The gear cleaning brush - this can be pretty much thrown away immediately. The bristles are too short to be effective, not narrow enough to reach into a 9-speed cassette, and they also keep falling out. I threw it away already.

Tire and frame tube cleaning brush - this is not cracked up to what it's supposed to be. The wires that form the shape of the brush are too weak to apply adequate pressure for cleaning mountain bike tires. This brush made me feel really good about myself, because I must have Herculean strength with how quickly I destroyed it. I threw it away.

Frame cleaning sponge brush - the two different cleaning materials really just get in each others' way. This is the hermaphrodite of the bike cleaning world. I kind of felt sorry for it so I kept it, but I won't use it again.

Tapered detail brush - this is the only brush that I'll probably use a second time. It's actually kind of useful as an all-around brush, but I could probably pick up something at the dollar store that's just as effective.

Overall, I'm disappointed in this brush set - just go to the dollar store or big-box retailer and get a few general purpose brushes, steal one of your kids' toothbrushes, and you're covered.
44 comments|131 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 25, 2013
This set of four brushes can make any bike look superficially new. No matter how hard they tried to make brushes to fit every possible nook and cranny on a bike, there are always places that the four brushes just don't get to. I'm still searching for the right brushes to reach those critical wear locations. A good rinse and silicone spray works just fine for me with an occasional scrubbing on those muddy days. Keep looking, these brushes are not the answer to your bike cleaning woes.
on January 19, 2013
I needed something to clean the grunge out of my sprocket, and decided to buy the whole set just to have all the brushes. Works great for cleaning gears, rims, frames, any part that is dirtier than you want it to be.
on May 4, 2015
If you have a bike stand these will be great. If you're in an apartment and cleaning your bike in the shower, no brush set is going to make that dance any easier.

The cog brush wasn't well attached and came off straight away. I fixed it with superglue.
on May 17, 2014
bought these to combat the mud of the great northwest. Used the brushes once so far following a wet and muddy ride. Gotta say theses brushed made clean up much quick and easy. my only complaints is for the sprocket brush. This brush part seperates from the handle so you can flip it around and hit those hard to reach spots. this is great idea, only problem is the brush does not lock into the handle very well and it will pop out during use
on September 17, 2012
Overpriced for what is actually in the set... but that shouldn't be a surprise to anyone who has bought Park Tools products in the past. The only brush that I actually find myself using is the tapered brush, which you could buy in a hardware store for under 5$. The chainset tool literally fell apart on me during its first use, the brush falling out of the plastic handle (it looks like it's almost supposed to do this... is it?)

You can find better brush sets for about the same cost or less. Of course it won't match the blue finish of your other overpriced Park Tools.
on January 31, 2015
More brushes than I know what to do with. I would have appreciated specific instructions showing exactly what the applications are for the two largest brushes. They surely have better household applications. Good quality.
on April 2, 2015
The bristles on the double ended gear brush (the brush on one end, scythe-like toothy thing on the other) just fall out. I tried pinching the plastic around the brush... but it felt like it would break. That brush is completely useless.
on March 30, 2012
I only have one because it came with the Park Tool Advanced Mechanic Tool Kit from Amazon. It's definitely not something I would buy separately. It works like it is suppose to but one has to put in a lot of cleaning solvent just to make it work. My preferred method is to simply spray Rock N Roll Gold Bicycle Lubricant - 16 oz Bottle on the chain for 5 seconds as I spin it backwards and then spin it backwards as I hold the chain with a rag. It cleans my mountain bike chain just fine and I don't waste half a bottle of chain cleaner.
on October 14, 2013
I wanted to have a practical brush cleaning set for my bike instead of picking used brushes from home. All of them are designed for a specific use and work well,but the one intended to clean the cassette sprockets doesn't do very well because the brush falls off from it's nesting preventing you to make a deep clean on this parts. Park tool should redesigned this brush.