Your Garage Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Blake Shelton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation Learn more

• Customer Reviews

on August 6, 2009
I read many other reviews about how others were surprised at how sturdy this stand is, but I was still surprised myself once I got it in my hands and put my bike up. It is big, strong, and durable; this really will last you at least most of a lifetime of biking. Fully extended it can put the top of the bike over your head, so no worries about having to bend into uncomfortable positions to get anything done. "Portable" might be a bit of a stretch, as there are lighter and smaller stands out there (like the Park Tool PCS-11 Super Lite Home Mechanic Repair Stand), but this will still fold up and should fit into most cars without taking up too much space.

I went ahead and chose this over the less expensive Park Tool PCS-9 Home Mechanic Work Stand to get the quick-release clamps, which I recommend; after all, you want to spend your time working on the bike, not the stand, and getting back out on the road or trail, right? Every little bit of frustration and effort saved helps.

This stand has surpassed my expectations. I should have bought this long ago, like when I was in school and my bike was my primary transportation!

Be sure also to check out the Park Tool AK-37 Advanced Mechanic Tool Kit if you are just getting started with a home workshop.
44 comments|139 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 21, 2009
I selected the PCS-10 because it was advertised to have a better bike clamp than the PCS-9 that can hold recumbent and other unusual bikes. For the moment, I have a very traditional bike, but who knows what my next bike will be? Why not spend a little extra and get a stand that will work with whatever bike I decide to get in the future?

I'm glad I spent the extra money. The bike clamp is awesome. No doubt it can hold any kind of bike ever made. The entire stand is easy to adjust and very sturdy. This stand will last a lifetime.

The stand design is elegant -- simple and functional. The stand easily folds up when not in use.

Another home run for Park Tools.
on June 24, 2009
I never understood why people use bike stands. All they are is floppy alluminum tubing and will never hold a real bike.

Boy was I WRONG. This stand is great!! I use it alomst weekly with the kids bikes (always craching into something or breaking of some part) and it easily holds my Giant Mountain Bike, my Wife's Trek, without any wiggle.

I have even managed to change pedals fairly easily, without much sag or flop. I could see a bottom bracket might be a little harder, but I don't know, this things is beefy.

I love the grip and the size, and I wouldn't even think of going up to the next level in price or build, because I can't imagine I would ever need that level of stability.

FYI - make sure you get the somewhat over priced tray and handlebar holder. Even though they are simple (and relatively cheap material) they make a world of difference. So I guess they aren't really over priced . . . I just like to complain!
on July 31, 2013
This stand is for the most part sturdy and heavy as others have commented. Unfortunately the piece that attaches the clamp to the main shaft, as well as the piece that connects to the vertical pole and allows telescoping height adjustment are made of plastic. There are metal screws which are used to clamp the plastic pieces to the metal are easy to overtorque and cause deformation of the plastic hole that the screw bolt sits in, resulting in a free-spinning screw.
on September 12, 2009
I purchased the Park Tool PCS-10 Home Mechanic Repair Stand as a birthday present for my son-in-law, who has been rebuilding several old bicycles for fun. When I saw his Bianci 10-speed suspended rock-solid at eye-level I knew I had made a great choice. The PCS-10 is much bigger than the pictures indicate, yet it folds up into a compact package for storage. The clamp works very well, and once the bike is in its jaws you can rotate it to just about any position you need for a convienent work position. I also purchased the Park Tool tool tray to keep tools and parts organized and at hand. This stand really makes doing both routine maintenance and repair/rebuild bike work a pleasure. No more sore knees and aching back.
33 comments|35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 25, 2009
I am fairly new to roadbiking but prefer to do my own wrenching and be independent of high priced, snobby bike shops. I have a decent array of shop tools and am mechanically inclined. I decided to invest in some specific bike tools, a good repair book and a quality repair stand. When this Park tool arrived and I unwrapped the package it was everything I imagined a bike repair stand should be. Outstanding construction with multiple positions to hold the bike in any configuration. I truly feel that with the tools I have, the repair book and stand I can repair or adjust just about anything on my new roadbike. In my opinion this is a bike tool that one cannot be without if you are serious about doing home repairs.
on August 14, 2009
As the old saying goes, "You get what you pay for." This bike stand costs more than some but is not the "high end" model either. For me, it's the perfect bike stand for someone who does their own bike maintenance- great easily adjustable clamp, sturdy and easy to move around. Also, when purchasing the bike stand, get the handle bar clamp, too, you'll be glad you did.
on June 25, 2011
I have wanted a Park stand for years, and finally convinced my husband it was the ideal mother's day present. Yay!

Why get a bike stand?
* With a little practice, home bike repairs are both more convenient and far cheaper than taking your bike into a shop.
* Any drive train or brake repair will go much better if you can get the bike off the ground and spin the crank, etc.
* Any repair that requires you to remove wheels will be far quicker and damage your bike less than if you attempt it without a stand

PCS-10 Pros:
+ folds & stores easily - doesn't take up much room
+ adjustable height - raises the bike so you don't have to bend down
+ the pcs-10 has a quick release clamp - so glad I opted for this. It's easy and it accommodates a wide range of tubing diameters and shapes. The clamp also rotates to get the bike at the angle you want to work on it.
+ it's stable

PCS-10 Cons:
- Your friends will want to borrow it or ask you to repair their bikes for them
- mine scratched first time I had it out when I extended the legs - something must've been in the tube and 'keyed' it the whole way down.
on October 14, 2015
I have an e-bike and have bought 2 other bike stands that stated they would hold 70 to 100lbs. My bike weighted only 55lbs when bought. Both could not hold the bike even before all the assessories were added. You only have to look at the pictures I provided to see that this Park Tool PCS Home Mechanic stand practices what it preaches. As you can see I have added a lot of assessories. This all metal stand kicks butt.
review image review image review image
on March 15, 2011
I bought this stand after reading the awesome reviews others have written. I think some may have went a little overboard with the reviews. Although, the stand is a pretty good stand and had it to do over again, I would most likely buy the same stand again.

Heres the weakness I have noticed about the stand. The plastic clamps on the verticle tubes are weak. They wont clamp with enough force to keep the bike from swinging around the verticle pole. I noticed this mostly when I was cleaning my chain with the Park Tool chain scrubber. The clamp that holds the bike is awesome! It does a great job and seems really strong. I have done about everything to a bike while in the stand and I haven't noticed any other problems. The bikes I own are 19 to 22lb hybrid/road bikes. With a 30lb mountain bike, there could be other issues.