Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

Color: One Color|Size: One Size|Change

Navigating the sometimes-varying terrain of the many types pizza we encounter can be as challenging as riding down a rock-strewn mountain path with a skinny tire road bike. In other words, you need the right tool for the job.

The Park Tool PZT-2 Pizza Tool is definitely one of those good kitchen tools for all types of cyclists, be they riders of MTBs, hybrids or street bikes. Its sharp, large diameter stainless steel front wheel cuts through even the toughest pizza terrain, and does an excellent job with all forms of quesadilla as well.

Pros:

+ Large 4" stainless steel cutter; dishwasher safe
+ Excellent ergonomics; very comfortable to use
+ Quality construction; Park Tool design
+ Stand included; keeps it ready to use

Cons:

- None encountered; well engineered

This PZT-2 Pizza Tool is an improvement over my original PZT-1, received as somewhat of a joke gift from a cycling friend. The new version features a larger overall size for better handling and more precise cutting. The PZT-1 had a 3¼" front wheel (cutter) and a translucent blue frame; the PZT-2 features a larger 4" front wheel, and it's frame is Park Tools signature blue, as seen in the images. In use, it's held with the thumb riding the saddle and the hand grasping the frame.

For those inclined to do annual cycle maintenance, the front wheel can be easily disassembled with your Allen wrench set from your bike kit. And note that no chain lube is required. There's a small front stand included, so it can be stowed almost anywhere in your kitchen, ready to go.

Encounter a tough hunk of pepperoni in your pizza? This PZT-2 cuts right through it. It deals easily with pizza to about 1½" thick, maybe more. It's excellent with the flatter terrain of all types of quesadilla, and does an excellent job with grilled cheese sandwiches as well.

When Park updates a tool, they improve it, and the Park Tool PZT-2 Pizza Tool is a good example of this. It has a larger overall size, better handling and more precise cutting than the original. It's also a great gift for that cyclist who thinks that he or she has everything. Highly recommended... and enjoy the ride.

3/16/2012
review image
on February 2, 2015
It's a great piece to display or use or both. It's bigger than it looks online so make note. I gave it as a gift to my friend who bikes a lot and she loved it. Put it on a display type shelf in her kitchen/dinning room.
on January 6, 2016
Bought as a gift for biking husband. Looks sturdy. I purchased it after looking at other reviews for this and another "bike' pizza wheel. This one got better reviews. Cutting blade is oversized. Nice! My biking husband loves it!
The Park Tool Co. has been making quality bicycling supplies for more than fifty years now. When I first started bicycling fourteen years ago, I bought a Park Tool chain scrubber and it's still working just great! So when I retired last spring, my co-workers in the Language Arts Dept. got me this pizza cutting tool.

It has a very sharp 4-inch cutting blade. It is about 7.5 inches long and stands 5 inches high. It also comes with a stand that allows you to display it on your kitchen counter, and I have gotten nothing but envious comments from my fellow cyclists. The box says this item is dishwasher safe, but I hand wash it only.

Even if you only use it occasionally, it just looks cool on the kitchen counter. VERY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
on January 18, 2013
The new version of the Park Tool pizza cutter is the perfect gift for any cyclist you know. Park Tool is THE name in bike tools and even if you can't afford a $400 Park tool kit or bike stand, your friend will know you cared enough to get the best. Always the right size. It makes a nice display piece for your kitchen or pizza cutting room. Oh yes, it even cuts pizza perfectly. Got one for myself, too.
on January 23, 2014
It's a nice gimmick, but it's flimsy and tarnishing. Functional enough but I don't imagine it's built to last, unfortunately.
on April 10, 2014
As somebody who loves cycling and making homemade pizza, this pizza cutter was too perfect to pass up. The size was larger than expected, which is a great thing. Cuts very well and is well made. Highly recommended!
on April 7, 2010
I have given this out as a gift many times. At first people just think it's cute (as I did) but it is the first one I grab to do the job!
For instance, I was visiting family in Germany this year and my brother in law informed me he has broken his, he was still using the pizza wheel and he had another one in the drawer. I have since sent a replacement to him and he is back in business!! Great, functional, clever product.
on April 23, 2013
my only reason for purchasing this was to add it to my collection of memorabilia from the prisoner tv show.....it is well made and sturdy and looks as though it would do the task quite well of cutting pizza....with style...kids might enjoy running over the pizza with an old fashioned bicycle....
on May 14, 2013
I'm an avid bike rider and so are my brothers. I bought one for pretty much everyone who's an avid bike rider, and they love it. It's very functional, durable, and easy to wash (just throw it in the dishwasher). It's an excuse to eat lots of carbs before our big ride, what can be better! One of the best buys!